Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-31-2018, 09:58 AM   #1
mjoneil

Drives: '17 2SS
Concerns about CPO '17 SS

I've been racking my brain all morning on my '17 SS. I picked it up last night, it has 3,000 miles, Certified pre-owned and was listed as a fleet vehicle. This morning, I attempted to unlock the door from the handle with the RKE but it didn't unlock. Decided to try the passenger side and it worked no problem. A little later on, I opened the drivers door and heard a rattle, figured a plastic clip broke or fell of at some time but when I took the door apart, i found that the wire for the proximity key was unplugged. After thinking back, when I test drove it, the sales guy always had the door opened for me and I didn't even think twice about using the RKE... Any ideas as to why this would've been unplugged????
mjoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 10:08 AM   #2
speedup

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible
Don't stress, just take it back and let them fix it.

If that is the only thing wrong your lucky, if you have an a8 wait until your tranny starts shuttering

2017 2SS, Hyper Blue, 8sp, NPP, MRC
speedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 10:25 AM   #3
mjoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedup View Post
Don't stress, just take it back and let them fix it.

If that is the only thing wrong your lucky, if you have an a8 wait until your tranny starts shuttering
Yeah, i've read about the a8 in my searches, luckily i have the m6. I mean I was able to hook the wire up easily but still has me wondering was the door ever hit? was it repo'd or something crazy and they unhooked it? I'm going to call later and mention it.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:34 AM   #4
speedup

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible
Nice, wish I had looked harder for a m6 when I got mine.

Look and see if any of the bolts holding the door on appear to have tool marks (like when removing). For the paint, compare the door to the other body panels and look for similar orange peel texture.

I bought a car with a clean carfax, but later found that the car had fender damage and was removed and painted, and those 2 things I mentioned above are what gave it away..

2017 2SS, Hyper Blue, 8sp, NPP, MRC
speedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 10:40 AM   #5
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Very nice! A "fleet vehicle" that is an M6 is a great find.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:19 AM   #6
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
If you were able to get it plugged back in securely I wouldn't stress over it...my guess it was probably not correctly seated in the connector on the assembly line.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:36 AM   #7
mjoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
If you were able to get it plugged back in securely I wouldn't stress over it...my guess it was probably not correctly seated in the connector on the assembly line.
Yeah, it was an original thought until I saw the yellow tape holding the inner liner of the door. everything is running great (knock on wood) but just hoping nothing crazy happened in the past.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:45 PM   #8
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
it would be interesting to know if thats the original method of holding the inner liner in or not...maybe someone here has taken apart their door and will chime in?
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote