Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #435
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUMPER20X View Post
Maybe I should have clarified that when the model generation goes on the weaker the look gets. GM always starts making the look less aggressive. Most do. 2010 to 2013 camaro, far more aggresive than the 2014. Just an example.
2010 Buick LaCrosse

2014 Buick LaCrosse

2013 Chevrolet Malibu

2014 Chevrolet Malibu

Old 07-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #436
robotfighter

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
What the hell?!?! How can the majority of you like the new look??? It's butt-ugly! It looks like a standard front with fancy lights. F#@kin' GROSS!!! This is a betrayal to the Camaro. Just like what they did in the 70s after only a few years. It's like they said:

GM Executive: "Let's see, the 5th Gen is beautiful and selling like crazy, how can we totally screw this all up?"

Kiss-ass designer nerd: "H-h-how about we c-c-create a lame, watered down, borring version of the successful one, s-s-sir?"

GM Executive: "Poindexter, you are a genuis!"

Kiss-ass designer nerd: "Th-th-thank you, sir. I love you, sir."

GM Executive: "OK, that's weird."

The last time a Camaro concept was introduced in a Transformers movie, it was rolled out to production. So this is very telling.

P.S. I hate the Transformers movies. They suck so much that even the star admitted it. Voltron would have been way cooler.
robotfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #437
Blau camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: #1 CAMARO FAN
Gm could save muchooooo$$$ if they just went with the basic malibu/lecrosse etc. Just add a unique camaro front and rear fascia. OH yea have the V6 engine and a 2 BBL carb.
Blau camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #438
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdog1911 View Post
The new Opel Monza Concept has similar headlights.
Hmmm, the Monza is rumored to be on the Alpha platform...might be the best indicator yet of the '16 Camaro.

Check out the Recaros in this pic:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-conte...-1-700x340.jpg
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #439
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodside783 View Post
Looks like a the same body just differnt parts, like the rear would have to see the front in person
It is a modified 5th Gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalberdi99 View Post
im sooo glad i bought my car when i did :b arf:
Let me know what you think about the 6th Gen after it is released with superior performance by all measures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goo View Post
Looks to be the same size of the current Camaro... 6th Gen to be smaller.
Correct. It is a 5th Gen. The 6th Gen will be smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUMPER20X View Post
Maybe I should have clarified that when the model generation goes on the weaker the look gets. GM always starts making the look less aggressive. Most do. 2010 to 2013 camaro, far more aggresive than the 2014. Just an example.
Looks bad axx aggressive to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I think most people would say the 2014 front end looks more aggressive than the 2010-2013...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotfighter View Post
What the hell?!?! How can the majority of you like the new look??? It's butt-ugly! It looks like a standard front with fancy lights. F#@kin' GROSS!!! This is a betrayal to the Camaro. Just like what they did in the 70s after only a few years. It's like they said:

GM Executive: "Let's see, the 5th Gen is beautiful and selling like crazy, how can we totally screw this all up?"

Kiss-ass designer nerd: "H-h-how about we c-c-create a lame, watered down, borring version of the successful one, s-s-sir?"

The last time a Camaro concept was introduced in a Transformers movie, it was rolled out to production. So this is very telling.

P.S. I hate the Transformers movies. They suck so much that even the star admitted it. Voltron would have been way cooler.
The last time a new Camaro was rolled out, the new Camaro prototypes had been released. No such release or debut has been made.

I can tell you that while the 6th Gen design is well advanced inside GM it is no where close to being released to the public. The better rumor is that the 67 style movie Camaro is closer to the 6th Gen, but once again that is nothing more than a rumor and most designers inside and outside of GM agree that retro is dead.

As for the new Camaro front fascias a little history is in order. As true to the prototype as the 5th Gen is, one of the concessions that caused great frustration with the designers is the upper grille and headlights were significantly taller than on the models. The technology was not available at the right costs to use the shorter lamps and thus shorter upper grille. That is not the case in the 2014. The grille is shorter and more aggressive. They still couldn't get the lamps as short as desired so they took shorter and designed around them.

The useless mail slot was replaced with a smooth surface and highly functional heat extractor hood. There is more aero work in the new front fascia than in the entire 2010 5th Gen. Tom Peters is among the very best in the world in working with engineering to give them the function they desire while maintain the integrity of the design under development.

No amount of information will change how an individual perceives a car design. It is a highly subjective area that either drives sales or alienates buyers. The fact is, the new design is controversial and that is a hallmark of great design. If people aren't passionate about design the designers have failed. As the 2014s start rolling into showrooms, I think many of those that dislike the new fascias will change views. Time will tell.

They had when they said the heat extractor is functional.

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #440
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:

JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #441
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Thank god we had the 5th generation.

That looks like Mitsubishi Eclipse !!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 02:06 AM   #442
john2000car
American_Chevy

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2LT RS+
I haven't posted for awhile. Just observing the new Vette and Camaro refresh. Don't like being any kind of downer on my 2 favorite vehicles. I have not read all posted comments, but glad I see this movie Bumble Bee is not the 6th gen. I have stated before that the 5th gen Camaro style and performance is gonna be tough to beat per my taste. Good luck!!! Thus far, the new C7 Vette appeals to me with the minor exception of the front fascia that reminds me of European styling for some reason. Not a fan of the rear fascia on the Camaro refresh. None of these opinions would prevent me from buying either one (I know the quality is there for sure). I will not be in the market for any of these new ones and am so happy and glad I got my 2008 C6 Atomic Orange Vette and 2010 IBM Camaro. Just my 2-cents worth.
john2000car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:57 AM   #443
St33lsinger
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 1 RS/SS
Like the headlights...but the grill and bumper??? WTF is that all about. If thats the way its going, I won't be upgrading AT ALL!!! That thing is DAWG BUTT ugly.

Had: 69' RS, 78' Z28, 98' SS Have: 2010 1RS/SS
St33lsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #444
St33lsinger
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 1 RS/SS
Quote:

CLASSIC

sad because its true

Had: 69' RS, 78' Z28, 98' SS Have: 2010 1RS/SS
St33lsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #445
TheNewCzar

Drives: 2011 SS Rally Yellow Vert, 2000 WS6
Nice body kit on the current platform.

...that is all this is

The front and headlights are nice
TheNewCzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #446
blk13SS

Drives: '13 1SS LS3 '05 Neon SRT-4
me no likes....
2013 1SS LS3/Cold Air Inductions/VMAX ported tb/TSP 1 7/8 LTs and xpipe/factory NPP axleback/BTR stg 3 cam kit/ZL1 injectors/3.91 gears/MGW sts/DSS carbon fiber driveshaft/DSS 1000hp axles/BMR LCAs & adj. toe rods/DSMLIGHTS E85 dyno tune 454/427 running out fuel. ZL1 fuel pump, McLeod twin disk, and retune coming soon!
blk13SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #447
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:

IT'S JUST A 5TH GEN WITH A WEIRD FRONT FASCIA. IT'S NOT THE 6TH GEN.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #448
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
IT'S JUST A 5TH GEN WITH A WEIRD FRONT FASCIA. IT'S NOT THE 6TH GEN.

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news