Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 12-23-2016, 05:40 PM   #15
ilir14

Drives: Camaro ss 1le
ADM customer here

Let me share my story of me and Andy and his shop

Well guys i have to share my Experience with Andy and his shop as well
I live in Houston Tx about 4hrs and 15min from my house to his shop As a car Enthusiastic my self i did a lot of research before i let anybody touch my car after long research and alot of thread reads came down to take the car to Andy. Called him talked to him over the phone and explain him what i want done to my car, and days later i decided to do a Lsa conversoin, this was back in 2014 took the car to Andy shop and he did Lsa conversion i put over 30k miles on that set up and no issue whatsoever, after 30k miles on the same set up wanted for more as we all get used to the same power called Andy again and recommended me to go with 376LSX which i did and i put just over 15k miles on it, again no issues whatsoever, just last week went to his shop again we did a clutch change.
All these years taking my car back to Andy that tells you guys something about his work and his service i have never had any bad experience with him, as stated above he is a very busy man and he puts alot effort to his work which is why i am a repeat customer to him.
I know alot of members here that i referred to him and done work with Andy, and i hear nothing but good experience with him
Sorry for the long Read but i just tried to share my experience with Andy thats just my side of a story
Old 12-23-2016, 05:45 PM   #16
1LE801
"Lohla"

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 :"Lohla"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoMyles View Post
I personally know the two cars that blew. As in, I know more about the details than most people due to being around the owner through the whole process. Trust me, the hard evidence is there. I'm leaving out a lot of details for privacy reasons and whatnot.
No Bueno! Thanks for being discreet and for firming it up. Suck for the dudes you know.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:15 PM   #17
SSFanboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro A8 2SS w/Maggie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilir14 View Post
Let me share my story of me and Andy and his shop

Well guys i have to share my Experience with Andy and his shop as well
I live in Houston Tx about 4hrs and 15min from my house to his shop As a car Enthusiastic my self i did a lot of research before i let anybody touch my car after long research and alot of thread reads came down to take the car to Andy. Called him talked to him over the phone and explain him what i want done to my car, and days later i decided to do a Lsa conversoin, this was back in 2014 took the car to Andy shop and he did Lsa conversion i put over 30k miles on that set up and no issue whatsoever, after 30k miles on the same set up wanted for more as we all get used to the same power called Andy again and recommended me to go with 376LSX which i did and i put just over 15k miles on it, again no issues whatsoever, just last week went to his shop again we did a clutch change.
All these years taking my car back to Andy that tells you guys something about his work and his service i have never had any bad experience with him, as stated above he is a very busy man and he puts alot effort to his work which is why i am a repeat customer to him.
I know alot of members here that i referred to him and done work with Andy, and i hear nothing but good experience with him
Sorry for the long Read but i just tried to share my experience with Andy thats just my side of a story
I just got a text from Andy following up on my Maggie install. He wanted to see how the car was handling. He's ok in my book. As for the blown motors mentioned previously, I can't intelligently comment on that. Some guys make tons of crazy mods - adding shorter SC pulleys, meth kits, converting to E85, and tuning to the ragged edge which can lead to issues. So I'm going to take these blown motor stories with a grain of salt.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:19 PM   #18
1LE801
"Lohla"

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 :"Lohla"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSFanboy View Post
I just got a text from Andy following up on my Maggie install. He wanted to see how the car was handling. He's ok in my book. As for the blown motors mentioned previously, I can't intelligently comment on that. Some guys make tons of crazy mods - adding shorter SC pulleys, meth kits, converting to E85, and tuning to the ragged edge which can lead to issues. So I'm going to take these blown motor stories with a grain of salt.
Even the above mentioned "crazy mods" can be done safely. I applaud your willingness to look past the rumors though. Good on ya.
Old 12-24-2016, 12:32 AM   #19
SSFanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE801 View Post
Even the above mentioned "crazy mods" can be done safely. I applaud your willingness to look past the rumors though. Good on ya.
haha! Yeah, I'm not a gear head so "crazy" by my standards is probably pedestrian for most of the people in this forum.
Old 12-24-2016, 02:07 AM   #20
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
I have been doing business with ADM for over 5 years now and completely satisfied with every aspect of 3 builds thus far, '11 NA SS, '14 1LE TT, and just finished my latest '16 SS LT4 blower. I went and visited several shops here in TX and was not satisfied until I stopped by ADM and talked to Andy for 2 hours, yes...he stopped what he was doing to talk to me. ADM is a one-man operation and highly regarded in the performance car arena. Let's see, I believe he set a record last year at the TX mile, pretty sure. Yep, he is hard to get in touch with at times but probably has 5-6 cars in his shop and busting his ass to get the best product on the street out to his customer, which by the way, many returning. I am local here and get a chance to stop by now and again at the "skunk works" where he is working the magic and cutting edge technology ensuring each and every car leaves his shop exceeding the standard. There are always Camaros from all over the country getting built so he must be doing something right. I have sent several of my buddies to ADM knowing their standards and expectations, we settle for nothing less, from Alabama to California. Just remember...you pay for what you get and if you want cheap, go somewhere else.

Who Dares...Wins
Old 12-24-2016, 11:47 AM   #21
BravoMyles

Drives: Blue/Black 2017 1SS
Quote:
They were simple SC and cam builds. Nothing insane when it comes to pushing the ragged edge. Both blew within a week of picking them up. 660rwhp on his dyno, but once the one that is fixed was done it was a low 600 build. Looked like it was tuned to be a dyno-queen.

2010 2SS - Summit White - SOLD
CAI intake, Borla Atak axle-back (Summit xpipe resonator delete), custom ported TB, Texas Speed 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ Catless connections

Instagram: bravomyles
Old 12-26-2016, 11:24 AM   #22
SSFanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoMyles View Post
They were simple SC and cam builds. Nothing insane when it comes to pushing the ragged edge. Both blew within a week of picking them up. 660rwhp on his dyno, but once the one that is fixed was done it was a low 600 build. Looked like it was tuned to be a dyno-queen.
Did Andy cover the blown motors? I know he offers a 1-yr warranty on the LT4 swaps. The fact that lots of HP was lost after the fix sucks, but it sounds as if his tune may have been a little too aggressive for the platform. Just guessing. I recall Andy mentioning that his LT4 builds are just now taking off so he may have been working out some issues at the time. I went the safe route with the Magunson HB. I'm not getting anywhere near as much HP as you guys, but I'm ok with that...for now. ;-) Thanks for the info.
Old 12-26-2016, 04:06 PM   #23
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGDM View Post
I have been doing business with ADM for over 5 years now and completely satisfied with every aspect of 3 builds thus far, '11 NA SS, '14 1LE TT, and just finished my latest '16 SS LT4 blower. I went and visited several shops here in TX and was not satisfied until I stopped by ADM and talked to Andy for 2 hours, yes...he stopped what he was doing to talk to me. ADM is a one-man operation and highly regarded in the performance car arena. Let's see, I believe he set a record last year at the TX mile, pretty sure. Yep, he is hard to get in touch with at times but probably has 5-6 cars in his shop and busting his ass to get the best product on the street out to his customer, which by the way, many returning. I am local here and get a chance to stop by now and again at the "skunk works" where he is working the magic and cutting edge technology ensuring each and every car leaves his shop exceeding the standard. There are always Camaros from all over the country getting built so he must be doing something right. I have sent several of my buddies to ADM knowing their standards and expectations, we settle for nothing less, from Alabama to California. Just remember...you pay for what you get and if you want cheap, go somewhere else.
I understand you get what you pay for and I'm not looking to hijack anybody nor get something for nothing however:

If the motor is coming out the car for a cam swap (shop doing mine did 2 6gs with motor in car) - Beside the point I'm about to make, Why charge an additional 800-1000 dollars labor to slap on heads, studs, and gaskets?

2) Why charge 5-15 hours for headers and exhaust installation (labor only) for fitted headers connection pipes, and catback exhaust specifically for a 2017 6g ss when the motor is already out and stock exhaust is off the car when it arrives????

That is the million dollar question to me, this is in addition to labor to remove engine for cam swap.

So no I'm not looking for cheap, but I'm not looking to get un necessarily hosed neither on unjustified labor costs.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:15 AM   #24
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Did Andy cover the blown motors? I know he offers a 1-yr warranty on the LT4 swaps. The fact that lots of HP was lost after the fix sucks, but it sounds as if his tune may have been a little too aggressive for the platform. Just guessing. I recall Andy mentioning that his LT4 builds are just now taking off so he may have been working out some issues at the time. I went the safe route with the Magunson HB. I'm not getting anywhere near as much HP as you guys, but I'm ok with that...for now. ;-) Thanks for the info.
Yes... this was all settled. Feel free to PM me about it, but the subject is off-topic and not up for discussion here.

Closed Thread