Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Phastek Performance

Old 07-10-2020, 11:22 AM   #1
Rhobz

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Moving to Colorado Springs...got a few questions.

Hey everyone,

I am just starting the process of relocating to Colorado Springs from San Diego for work. I expect to move by the end of September at the latest and I have a few questions.

My Camaro registration is due now in CA but I am leary to pay $400+ just to have to pay again upon arriving in CO. The CO DMV website says that you have to register your vehicles within 90 days. Do you think I can get away with waiting a while to register? It is not my daily driver so will spend most of the time sitting in my garage but if I can hold off maybe 6 months or so once I get to CO, I won't feel like I am throwing away money here. I don't want to give CA ANY more money if I don't have to.

Also, the car is currently bone stock performance wise other than a throttle controller due to smog laws here in CA and me not wanting to deal with them. What are the smog laws like out there? I really just want to do the simple bolt ons: CAI, Throttle Body, maybe long tube headers, etc. What's it like out there?

Any other things you think I should know? I am committed to the move so I WILL be going but would appreciate any insight you all can provide.
Rhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:49 AM   #2
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I can tell you one thing for sure....your car is going to feel slower. At 6000' you'll be about 1 second slower in the 1320.
Good news is: In El Paso County, emissions tests are required only for diesel vehicles. Mod away...
Old 07-10-2020, 12:19 PM   #3
Rhobz

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
You just made my day!!!!!
Rhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 07:49 PM   #4
7LitreC5

Drives: 18 Tahoe RST, 19 Z06
True about emissions testing. That went away years ago fortunately.

Forced induction works very well here and really helps replace the power that the altitude takes away. E-85 is easy to find if you are interested in that. I run my ZL1 on E-85.

You will have a VIN inspection done on your car before you can register it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhobz View Post
Hey everyone,

I am just starting the process of relocating to Colorado Springs from San Diego for work. I expect to move by the end of September at the latest and I have a few questions.

My Camaro registration is due now in CA but I am leary to pay $400+ just to have to pay again upon arriving in CO. The CO DMV website says that you have to register your vehicles within 90 days. Do you think I can get away with waiting a while to register? It is not my daily driver so will spend most of the time sitting in my garage but if I can hold off maybe 6 months or so once I get to CO, I won't feel like I am throwing away money here. I don't want to give CA ANY more money if I don't have to.

Also, the car is currently bone stock performance wise other than a throttle controller due to smog laws here in CA and me not wanting to deal with them. What are the smog laws like out there? I really just want to do the simple bolt ons: CAI, Throttle Body, maybe long tube headers, etc. What's it like out there?

Any other things you think I should know? I am committed to the move so I WILL be going but would appreciate any insight you all can provide.
7LitreC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 09:59 PM   #5
Exquadratus117

Drives: 22' Chevy Camaro ZL1
Lucky

You should be free and clear as it pertains to your question. I lived there for a while and there are some great shops there and in Denver. Please!!! Garage your car! The Hail there is awful! Congrats on the move!
Exquadratus117 is offline   Reply With Quote