Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-24-2020, 11:25 PM   #1
hep4186

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
California Pop Top

I've used the California Pop Top on my BMW Z4M roadster and now have one for my 2017 2 SS vert. I drive to work with the top down and put the Pop Top cover on the car, leaving the top down. The white Pop Top keeps the car cooler than it would be if I put the black top up and certainly saves wear on the top motor and components. It takes about a minute or less to put the Pop Top on or take it off and its one of the few things that actually fits in the trunk with the top down LOL.

Anyone else us the Pop Top? https://www.capoptop.com/
hep4186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 11:40 PM   #2
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Never heard of it, but when they are trying to tell me part of the vehicle (covered in their miracle covering) is 60F when the outside air temp is allegedly 105F, yeah, I don't buy it...

Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:22 AM   #3
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
It isn't custom fit, and they don't even understand the model years of the Camaro (they don't provide one for 2014 or 2015 even though the body style is the same as the 2013?).

I could put any white sheet on my car and achieve the same results.

With a convertible, you remote-down the top while you're outside of the car and major heat build-up is gone. Yep, the seats are probably still warm to the touch, but that goes away really quickly with cooled seats on the 2SS.

I see zero benefit and would NEVER leave my car parked and out of my sight with the top down, covered or not. Not to mention that GM advises against leaving the cover down for extended periods of time (unless you're actually driving it) to protect the cover itself.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:54 AM   #4
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by hep4186 View Post
I've used the California Pop Top on my BMW Z4M roadster and now have one for my 2017 2 SS vert. I drive to work with the top down and put the Pop Top cover on the car, leaving the top down. The white Pop Top keeps the car cooler than it would be if I put the black top up and certainly saves wear on the top motor and components. It takes about a minute or less to put the Pop Top on or take it off and its one of the few things that actually fits in the trunk with the top down LOL.

Anyone else us the Pop Top? https://www.capoptop.com/
Got a picture of it on your car?
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:12 AM   #5
hep4186

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Pics

Here are a couple pics, as requested. I agree that I wouldn't park the car in an area that is risky. My office parking lot is pretty secure.
Attached Images

hep4186 is offline   Reply With Quote