Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-16-2021, 04:53 PM   #71
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajs16400 View Post
Well the dealer is not wanting any part of fixing it. Tbey are just going to throw the $650 they were goimg to.pay to have it painted. To me this shows the dealer has no faith in parts supplied by Gm as i think they are tired of getting crap pieces.

hard to understand what you're typing, cell phone I assume?

Anyway, the dealer is paying you the $650, right? If that is the case then I think the dealer is being fair. The parts they get are crap and I can understand they don't want to keep doing it over and over when it will be same result.

Many dealers would say that's the way the part comes and take it or leave it. I actually think the dealer is being honest with you. Most dealers would not pay you $650 over nicks like that.

I would take the $650 and try touching it up somehow and use the savings for some mods. If you're keeping the car long term I wouldn't worry about it much.

It's not shocking the dash nicks that easily though with how they use cheap materials, BUT our Camaros actually have decent interiors compared to the Mustang.

The 6th gen Camaro interior is far far better quality than my 2012 Mustang GT. My 2012 GT had sharp edges on the dash. By the ignition for example is a sharp corner. The thing Fn hurts hitting it when getting out or when you get rear ended and your knee hits it like mine did hard.

Also, just a few months after I bought my new Mustang the drivers seat had dimples in the foam leather seats, early wear. Which is very common on leather Mustang seats due to being cheap. Dealer wouldn't submit my seat for warrant work claiming they will reject it.

Our Camaro's are far superior quality wise.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 06:46 PM   #72
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post

Many dealers would say that's the way the part comes and take it or leave it. I actually think the dealer is being honest with you. Most dealers would not pay you $650 over nicks like that.

I would take the $650 and try touching it up somehow and use the savings for some mods. If you're keeping the car long term I wouldn't worry about it much.

It's not shocking the dash nicks that easily though with how they use cheap materials, BUT our Camaros actually have decent interiors compared to the Mustang.

It depends how anal the owner is. If it were me I would never be happy with any blemish on my dash. I would do whatever is necessary to fix it properly but that's me.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:01 PM   #73
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
hard to understand what you're typing, cell phone I assume?

Anyway, the dealer is paying you the $650, right? If that is the case then I think the dealer is being fair. The parts they get are crap and I can understand they don't want to keep doing it over and over when it will be same result.

The 6th gen Camaro interior is far far better quality than my 2012 Mustang GT. My 2012 GT had sharp edges on the dash. By the ignition for example is a sharp corner. The thing Fn hurts hitting it when getting out or when you get rear ended and your knee hits it like mine did hard.

Also, just a few months after I bought my new Mustang the drivers seat had dimples in the foam leather seats, early wear. Which is very common on leather Mustang seats due to being cheap. Dealer wouldn't submit my seat for warrant work claiming they will reject it.

Our Camaro's are far superior quality wise.
I have a zero tolerance for “it came like that” excuses. F them. Keep ordering and returning and putting a rush order to GM or the distributor until they send you a perfect part.

I know how this works. The dealer is being completely unreasonable and frankly full of —it.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 08:00 PM   #74
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
you could get a dash overlay(custom fit carpet)and still have 500 bucks for mods.they can be ordered in many colors and also you would avoid the dash cracking/fading from sun exposure in a few years.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote