#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-17-2018, 09:29 PM   #29
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
Yes if you guys want it, I can get the PN added to our production list! Shoot me an email and I'll get a follow up list going. I'll have to get with Kevin and get the water jet file to my engineer so we can load it up and cut more.
got any pics of it?
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 05:19 AM   #30
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Clearly, I'm in, PM sent.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:28 AM   #31
Fredtp

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10 Black Mosaic
I am interested also.
Fredtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:15 AM   #32
GA SS

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I am interested in this bracket as well.
GA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:07 PM   #33
7LitreC5

Drives: 18 Tahoe RST, 19 Z06
I'm installing a Magnusson 2300 soon. It might be time to add a catch can as well.

If the can is mounted in the radiator area, will the hoses still work or will they have to be reworked?
7LitreC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 02:20 PM   #34
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Old Thread Alert

I looked on the WeaponX website and did not see any catch can brackets for a front engine mount, not on elite's site either.

Did the front mount bracket get made?
Old 04-16-2021, 02:29 PM   #35
RB185AFM

Drives: 2014 Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by h018871 View Post
I looked on the WeaponX website and did not see any catch can brackets for a front engine mount, not on elite's site either.

Did the front mount bracket get made?
I’m interested as well. I will be ordering a catch can as soon as my build is accepted. I ran an elite on my GS with success.
Previous cars
2017 C7 Grandsport, 2014 Camaro 1LE, 2008 EVO, 2001 Viper, 2004 BMW M3, 2003 Mustang Cobra, 2002 Z06, 2002 Camaro SS, 1998 Mustang Cobra
RB185AFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 04:07 PM   #36
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
Yes they are making a front bracket, email them
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:20 PM   #37
Akura

Drives: ´18 ZL1 A10 Red Hot 😍
Interested too.

Akura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 11:41 AM   #38
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Move Elite Catch Can to Front

The reason for moving the can to the front is to make room for an intercooler reservoir. The original location is on the driver's side tower brace.
I got the mount location idea here on the forum, can't find it now to give proper credit to the member. When I find it, I'll update.

I had a 'hockey stick' bracket from Elite off of another car, it worked out well.
The only trick was that I made a bushing to fill in the gap between the slot and mounting bolt. Started with a nut and ground the points off until it would fit in the slot, Obviously start with a nut that fits over the bolt threads. I was lucky that the nut was slightly thinner than the thickness of the bracket, but it would have been easy to grind it down to fit.

It clears the rain guard and hood, close but it does clear.
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2022, 05:29 PM   #39
Marozl1LE

Drives: Camaro gen 6 zl1 1le
Hello Guys

I want a catch can but I don't know which one is better for me mighty mouse or elite engineering ex2 catch can I want a plug and play kit and don't cut any hoses

For my lt4
I have rotofab intake
Kooks headers 1 7/8
200cpsi HJS cats
Ported x kong supercharger
2.30 pulley
103mm tb nw

So I want the cach can Near the radiator not of the site from headers can anybody send me link which one is the right version from my car I saw few catch can but I don't know which one is good for me i don't have 1000 whp setup I just want a good catch can with a closed system I think it's better for me and for the police hear if there oben the hood...

Thanks for your support guys sry for my bad English

edit: is the PVC diverter included in the elite engineering ex2 system ??

Last edited by Marozl1LE; 09-01-2022 at 07:09 PM.
Marozl1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 08:43 AM   #40
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
The E2-X and E2 systems are far more than just "catchcans". They are true air/oil separating crankcase evacuation systems that provide the same functions as a belt driven vacuum system like all forms of Professional racing use, except these are designed for the street.

They are not only the most effective air/oil separating design on the market (the Ultra is app. 95% effective at stopping the oil vapors and other suspended "gunk" you don't want ingested...no other design comes close) but provides added vacuum from the Venturi Vacuum Valve when needed most so pressure should never build to begin with. All with a closed emission compliant system (not CARB cert in CA. yet).

The E2X Mounts in the area in front of the engine as shown:
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albu...ps4zu5rbtf.jpg

And the Ultra has more capacity than the others:
https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...M_vs_Elite.jpg

Our special zero cracking proprietary high flow checkvalves automatically detect when more vacuum is needed and will open and close as needed to always provide the proper amount of full time vacuum while preventing any boost pressure from back flowing into the crankcase.

For your application the E2-X Ultra dual valve with the high flow checkvalves will be what you want. If you have retained the factory Clean Side Separator (located on the front of the passenger side cylinder head) you may opt to not add our billet CSS, but if you wish both the CSS replaces the oil fill cap and a line from it is "T'd" into the center line that connects to the factory one for the ultimate solution.

To order the Ultra system email Sales direct at: Sales@EliteEngineeringUSA.com For ANY technical questions or to determine which of our models is best for any specific application, always email Engineering and Tech Support direct at: Tech@EliteEngineeringUSA.com and were here to assist.

Note: The jet boat tour boats at Niagra Falls run multiple ZL1 engines in the boats and they run at near WOT constantly and our E2-X Ultra systems were chosen to keep those engines alive and extending life. Just another example of the function of these systems.

Catch Can Comparison Mightymouse vs Elite Engineering Ultra
MightyMouse Catch Can vs Elite Engineering Ultra Catch Can, which one catches more oil, which one is better? The Elite catch can is designed by Tracy Lewis P...
www.youtube.com
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 12:03 PM   #41
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post
The E2-X and E2 systems are far more than just "catchcans". They are true air/oil separating crankcase evacuation systems that provide the same functions as a belt driven vacuum system like all forms of Professional racing use, except these are designed for the street.

They are not only the most effective air/oil separating design on the market (the Ultra is app. 95% effective at stopping the oil vapors and other suspended "gunk" you don't want ingested...no other design comes close) but provides added vacuum from the Venturi Vacuum Valve when needed most so pressure should never build to begin with. All with a closed emission compliant system (not CARB cert in CA. yet).

The E2X Mounts in the area in front of the engine as shown:
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albu...ps4zu5rbtf.jpg

And the Ultra has more capacity than the others:
https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...M_vs_Elite.jpg

Our special zero cracking proprietary high flow checkvalves automatically detect when more vacuum is needed and will open and close as needed to always provide the proper amount of full time vacuum while preventing any boost pressure from back flowing into the crankcase.

For your application the E2-X Ultra dual valve with the high flow checkvalves will be what you want. If you have retained the factory Clean Side Separator (located on the front of the passenger side cylinder head) you may opt to not add our billet CSS, but if you wish both the CSS replaces the oil fill cap and a line from it is "T'd" into the center line that connects to the factory one for the ultimate solution.

To order the Ultra system email Sales direct at: Sales@EliteEngineeringUSA.com For ANY technical questions or to determine which of our models is best for any specific application, always email Engineering and Tech Support direct at: Tech@EliteEngineeringUSA.com and were here to assist.

Note: The jet boat tour boats at Niagra Falls run multiple ZL1 engines in the boats and they run at near WOT constantly and our E2-X Ultra systems were chosen to keep those engines alive and extending life. Just another example of the function of these systems.

Catch Can Comparison Mightymouse vs Elite Engineering Ultra
MightyMouse Catch Can vs Elite Engineering Ultra Catch Can, which one catches more oil, which one is better? The Elite catch can is designed by Tracy Lewis P...
www.youtube.com

Can we just let this topic die already? Its been beaten so much there's nothing left. And honestly, vendors shouldn't be in this forum trying to push their products.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 01:37 PM   #42
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
Can we just let this topic die already? Its been beaten so much there's nothing left. And honestly, vendors shouldn't be in this forum trying to push their products.
Haha - of course you want it to die, so you don't have to admit when you're wrong. MM huggers will continue to deny the facts

The Elite can is the clear winner in these tests, PERIOD

ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote