Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 04-03-2021, 01:54 PM   #15
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beworthy3 View Post
Thanks for all. Ill aim for -2.5 upfront and -1.5 on the rear. I think im leaning towards leaving the toe at o though
That should work fine. Zero toe for F but you need some toe IN in the R unless you like a very loose car on turn in and mid corner, which would not bode well for any beginner... I would defo go with what has been suggested above. I am very comfy pushing the car at the limit, yet run a toe in in the rear. Just an fyi.
Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 02:29 PM   #16
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
That should work fine. Zero toe for F but you need some toe IN in the R unless you like a very loose car on turn in and mid corner, which would not bode well for any beginner... I would defo go with what has been suggested above. I am very comfy pushing the car at the limit, yet run a toe in in the rear. Just an fyi.
Cheers!
👍
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 02:34 PM   #17
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
yep i was rather surprised. BTW my bad: 20 not 21 lol! Then again, we had no issues dialing in 2.6 on my 17. Cheers!
Yep, when I did my 2021 it wasn’t tire clearance, at -2.6 is where mine bottomed out and there wasn’t any more. And to leave it at that max setting for my old 19s, I did the strut mod and a 3mm spacer.
Old 04-03-2021, 03:01 PM   #18
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Yep, when I did my 2021 it wasn’t tire clearance, at -2.6 is where mine bottomed out and there wasn’t any more. And to leave it at that max setting for my old 19s, I did the strut mod and a 3mm spacer.
Well, on my 20 the rear was an issue and they had to rebolt some things to fix it. Just shows that no 2 cars are the same...
Old 04-03-2021, 03:10 PM   #19
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Well, on my 20 the rear was an issue and they had to rebolt some things to fix it. Just shows that no 2 cars are the same...
Yep. On this car first time I have seen where the right front tire sits inboard 1/8-3/16” more then the left. All good factory tolerances at play!
Old 04-03-2021, 04:34 PM   #20
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Yep. On this car first time I have seen where the right front tire sits inboard 1/8-3/16” more then the left. All good factory tolerances at play!
Haha! Exactly
Old 04-05-2021, 12:42 PM   #21
beworthy3

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Was definitely a little pushback when i asked for -2.5 and -1.5 in the rear. They said they would do it tho
beworthy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 01:10 PM   #22
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Some by my asking don't want to get that far in to it because they feel some amount of liability at Joe Camaro coming back on them for tire wear. I don't believe that but that's how a shop can look at it. I tend to go in and ask who's going to take their time and mirror L/R and not just put it in the green, as they say, and call it good. Some one was dead right that it'll wander if the camber L/R aren't the same or within a point or two of each other. I took mine in for that wander and pointed to his L/R camber spread was .6 and he wouldn't adjust it, "its in the green"...that's the place you want to leave.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 06:46 PM   #23
Jason Mellon

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 1LE & 2023 1LE
I went to my local dealer and fired up a relationship with the service writer and tech. They’re aware of my “need” for proper performance/track set-up and they both made sure it was done per specifications in the performance manual for the car. Which incidentally pretty much maxed out what it could be set at. They provided me the spec sheet and actual results on the sheet after the alignment. Do I have the hard copy and I can show them what was done and what I need in the future. The handling just woke up and my tire wear was much
better, street or not. I only put about 1,100 miles a year so far. Track set-up is the way to go! You won’t be sorry. JM
Jason Mellon is offline   Reply With Quote