Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-12-2021, 04:02 PM   #71
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Agree that G3s are very close to R888R and NT01s. R888Rs will definitely be a more fair comparison on the GS vs the stock tires.

Also agree that brake manufacturers like to push high torque pads, but it seems like most everyone that runs them likes them so it must be working???

I have some 70/60s for the vette
Yeah, well, most folks that track run maybe 5 days, or so, meaning they don't drive at a limit. Most folks forget it is tires that stop the car. Most folks ignore the importance of matching brake torque to tires. Most folks may like the feeling of being able to put a car on its nose, but that's not the best way to manage weight transfer for fastest turn in. Most folks think they just went half a second faster because they spent $$$ on (insert whatever except for tires, or driver coaching - by and large). Most people forget that gaining time under braking (successfully) is the hardest skill of them all. Something even top pros have issues with sometimes, with spectacular effects on TV.
Most folks think if they run highest torque pads they will drive like a pro. Unfortunately many retailers spread this nonsense because it sells (i have heard it myself). Blah. Blah. Blah

What's happening on the market these days is a complete disconnect between what pro racers use and like (and the reasons for it) and amateurs with street cars who keep resellers humming.

If I were to run slicks, I would upgrade the pads and cooling.
If i were getting passed on corner entries I would consider DTC60s or Ferodo 1.11 but no higher. BUT, I may try DS2500's just for the price

I respect all opinions here and let's face it, this is a wonderful forum. But, i trust opinions of maybe 5 people here based on results. You are one of them. And yes, your car was too loose on exits and i had said so You may do well with those pads on a CZ6. It has a 600lb advantage, so who knows. OTOH, you may absolutely hate it for this very reason.

Bottom line: "whatever makes ya fast" (and doesn't bleed cash from the wallet).

Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 04:09 PM   #72
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC2018SS1LE View Post
I can’t believe G3’s are that good, compared to R88Rs. I run R88Rs on a Camaro A Sedan, I run in HPDEs for fun, they are pretty damn good. They are only 255/50/16s, and they stick great, the car weighs 3300 lbs with me in it, has about 400 rwhp. A really fun car to drive, you can go around turns with a power slide, just controlling turn with the throttle

We shall see, I’m going to change tires at the track, see what happens.

As for the brakes, I love the Hawks, I guess it just a matter of preference

I really liked the Ferrado’s, until I put on the Hawks. I can brake 10-15 yards further into the corner, with the Hawks. Will see what happens with the heat, my Brembo’s are still bright red after 2 days at Sebring. I also had zero brake fade

Only time will tell

Thx for input guys
I think you'll get fluid issue before getting any brake fade with DTC70

What's a Camaro A Sedan? A tube chassis job?

Cheers!
Old 03-12-2021, 04:43 PM   #73
CC2018SS1LE

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
I think you'll get fluid issue before getting any brake fade with DTC70

What's a Camaro A Sedan? A tube chassis job?

Cheers!
SCCA A Sedan a caged 1989 stock chassis, with spring and shock changes, some mods allowed, no wings etc.. not as radical as a American Iron car
Was a very popular class, but then American Iron came along. My friend and I split it, was $10k and is fast as hell
Light and fun
I’ll post a small video of the car on this thread, today or tomorrow
CC2018SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 05:13 PM   #74
CC2018SS1LE

Quote:
SCCA A Sedan a caged 1989 stock chassis, with spring and shock changes, some mods allowed, no wings etc.. not as radical as a American Iron car
Was a very popular class, but then American Iron came along. My friend and I split it, was $10k and is fast as hell
Light and fun
I’ll post a small video of the car on this thread, today or tomorrow
I only have shitty footage from inside the car and this little clip, of me at Pocono raceway, North course

https://youtu.be/9mJ_CFfgdXI
Old 03-12-2021, 05:17 PM   #75
TrackClub

Quote:
I only have shitty footage from inside the car and this little clip, of me at Pocono raceway, North course

https://youtu.be/9mJ_CFfgdXI
Oh that sounds like fun. Yer rippin'!
Old 03-12-2021, 05:24 PM   #76
CC2018SS1LE

Quote:
Oh that sounds like fun. Yer rippin'!
I actually love it, a raw race car, no ABS, no traction control, scary fast and your in 100% in control
Old 03-12-2021, 05:54 PM   #77
TrackClub

Quote:
I actually love it, a raw race car, no ABS, no traction control, scary fast and your in 100% in control
Not surprised you like it

So...3 track cars, eh?!
Old 03-12-2021, 06:06 PM   #78
CC2018SS1LE

Quote:
Not surprised you like it

So...3 track cars, eh?!
No 2 street / track cars and one track car
I drive the Vette in NY as a summer car and my 1LE as my Florida car, so I don’t have to rent a car when I fly down 1 wk a month

If you haven’t noticed, I love cars

I guess if you own a 1LE, you must be a car lover
Old 03-12-2021, 06:55 PM   #79
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Use the titanium shims and good fluid and no issues or discoloration. But as stated earler, I run Sebring a lot and Daytona 2-3 times a year, only a few turns (1) and the bus stop, so a lot of time to cool down. I'm not the fastest by far, believe. 2:11 at Daytona, and 2:35 at Sebring, I liked the stock pads, but they would "glaze up" on me and had bad shutter, went 70's all around and for me they work... And no street bonzei runs to clean them up... Which is really unsafe.
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 06:59 PM   #80
CC2018SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo-1LE View Post
Use the titanium shims and good fluid and no issues or discoloration. But as stated earler, I run Sebring a lot and Daytona 2-3 times a year, only a few turns (1) and the bus stop, so a lot of time to cool down. I'm not the fastest by far, believe. 2:11 at Daytona, and 2:35 at Sebring, I liked the stock pads, but they would "glaze up" on me and had bad shutter, went 70's all around and for me they work... And no street bonzei runs to clean them up... Which is really unsafe.
I heard about the titanium shims, my friend just purchased for his boss 302 AI car
And I always use good fluid

Good advice
Thx
Old 03-12-2021, 08:22 PM   #81
TrackClub

Quote:
No 2 street / track cars and one track car
I drive the Vette in NY as a summer car and my 1LE as my Florida car, so I don’t have to rent a car when I fly down 1 wk a month

If you haven’t noticed, I love cars

I guess if you own a 1LE, you must be a car lover
Good arrangement indeed! Yep, i do like cars (and trucks for that matter). Cheers!
Old 03-16-2021, 03:03 PM   #82
jdmblood

Drives: 2000 Toyota Altezza
Quote:
Small world. I saw you on the track I was also in group 3, you let me by, after the Ss, in 3rd session on Sunday. I left after that my tires were totally shot

There was a blue Camaro behind you. I passed him then was trying to pass you.

I have it on video
Was a nice run!!!
awesome!!! gonna check out the video now!
jdmblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 09:27 AM   #83
CC2018SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo-1LE View Post
Hi I used the shims at Sebring, I spoke to my friend, he recommended I coat the shims with ceramic brake lube, between pad and shim, and where pistons make contact

Was 92 degrees, was doing low 2:30 laps, had no problem whatsoever
Good advise
Ck out the brake lube,
Thx for advise
Old 03-29-2021, 12:05 PM   #84
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
Nice to see you had a good run.

Which group did you run with? NASA/Chin? It's unusual to see cars in the Advanced group running 2:40 laps at Sebring. Most are 'in the teens'.

My PB is a 2:28 on OEM everything in my SS 1LE.

Putting everything together at Sebring is always a challenge, but so rewarding when you manage it.

Keep coming down!
Miatas and Champ cars running upper 30s and low 40s run in red all the time, including some of mine... id say most cars in red are in the 20s though. I run my low 30s scion frs with its insane 200hp in red more than my Camaro now.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote