Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-26-2021, 09:54 AM   #113
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
I've been using rollover to gauge pressures (no pun intended) and have settled on 35f/33r. I am bleeding them down between runs to keep them at these pressures. After the third or fourth run they seem to stabilize on temps and the pressures stop climbing. Had another local event and all my impressions from the first event remain. Unfortunately, the two guys out of ~55 entries who usually best me in raw times also went to Falkens, so I have made no ground on them. But the three of us put a serious hurtin' on the rest of field.
Been running RE71S for years along with friends. We all like 34/35 hot front and 31/32 hot rear. Rears never to arrow tops and front get just to them at times. Lots off off camber elevation rises and decreases. This with the hotchkiss front bar, stock bar if I started at say 30 cold the fronts got into the arrows. At 30 cold with hotchkiss bar they don’t. Will be interesting to see how falcons do .
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 01:08 PM   #114
AustinTXracer

Drives: 20 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Rears never to arrow tops and front get just to them at times.
Just FYI, the arrows on the tire shoulder are only there to indicate where the tire wear bars are across the tread. They don't have any bearing on rollover wear.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:29 PM   #115
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I settled on 35/33 on my OEM SC3s last year, maybe bump up the rear to 34 if the tires actually manage to get to optimal temps.
Old 04-26-2021, 03:01 PM   #116
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTXracer View Post
Just FYI, the arrows on the tire shoulder are only there to indicate where the tire wear bars are across the tread. They don't have any bearing on rollover wear.
Interesting.And makes sense. But not doing it for wear, just to be sure we don’t go to low and rollover. in autocross all we can do really, and what everyone uses as a go no go indicator to get a close idea, I Only get three runs and last is always best. Wish I could get like 5 runs just to test temps , psi and times . But is what it is
Old 04-26-2021, 03:46 PM   #117
AustinTXracer

I'm at 65 asphalt runs and the triangles are barely visible on all 4 tires. I think they are a bit too high up the side of the tire to be useful for rollover indication on these specific tires. Seemed more reasonably located on other top tires for that purpose.
Old 04-26-2021, 04:06 PM   #118
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
I'm at 65 asphalt runs and the triangles are barely visible on all 4 tires. I think they are a bit too high up the side of the tire to be useful for rollover indication on these specific tires. Seemed more reasonably located on other top tires for that purpose.
Are you referring to the re71s? Mine would roll into the arrows more with stock front bar, tires are 305/30/19s. With the hotchkiss front bar set soft, and soon to be used in mid location, they don’t get to the arrows. Nor would I on my fifth gen with similar size bar and 300 lbs springs and same psi’s. Nor Would anyone else with same, similar setups and camber. Sidewall is just stiff it seems. That’s with 31/28 cold psi
Old 04-26-2021, 05:30 PM   #119
AustinTXracer

I mean Falkens. Stones had the triangles further down the sidewall
Old 04-26-2021, 05:42 PM   #120
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
I mean Falkens. Stones had the triangles further down the sidewall
Cool, and good to know.Well my tires I will push for this event, maybe two. 75 laps on them now and big courses, more like mini road courses..lol then either the falcons or bfg. But looks like falcons stock moved up to mid May so prefer those.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:10 PM   #121
funked1

Drives: '23 Hyundai Kona N, '24 VW GTI
Tires were great Sunday in the rain. Won BS again. The only cars ahead of me came in Raw time came on trailers.
funked1 is offline   Reply With Quote