Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 06-14-2019, 12:36 PM   #1
BOYD3800SII

Drives: 2017 RS CAMARO V6
ANYONE EXPERIENCE WHEELSPIN IN CORNERS?

2017 RS CAMARO with 15,000 miles and stock RS tires and rims, A8 non-LSD. Tires are in great shape and have been rotated every 5000 miles! When I first got the car 2 years ago i distinctly remember the car hooked like a MOFO even with the $#!tty launch of the A8. Cornering was really precise and stable!

However....I recently noticed that the rear end tends to slide SLIGHTLY more in cornering. I floored it and spun tires like crazy last night when trying to make a left turn and beat traffic. (I'm like WTF??) I drove it to work this morning and was accelerating through a long wide turn coming off an interstate ramp and felt more loose through the steering so I let off it.

Could it be the stock tires wearing down too quickly? lack of an LSD, or result of mods that I put on the car?

My mods are Airaid, intake, filter, TB spacer. P&P throttle body, dual turbine mufflers, ground kit, and removed butterfly valves.

I'm thinking its the tires, but hope to get some opinions...
BOYD3800SII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 01:23 PM   #2
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Could be tires, could be temps and road conditions, etc...I'd measure the tread depth and see where you're at
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:51 PM   #3
Tuxedo

Drives: Grey
I have personally driven my camaro to its limit on track and on street (Grey 2018 RS Auto) and depending on throttle I have had the rear end kick out on me a couple of times. I do have more bald tires in the front since I rotated mine from the back because of me doing donuts. So the front has a tad more grip in the rear. Also divits in the road has caused wheel spin in the corner.
Tuxedo is offline   Reply With Quote