Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-03-2018, 05:45 PM   #449
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I'm dropping mine off tomorrow. I can only get mine to slightly vibrate with a low droning type of sound when car is completely warmed up and very slight acceleration at freeway speeds. It's not the v4-v8 because I can still feel something after i see it switch to V8 mode.

It does not do it when the tranny is cold. But once warmed up I get up to 60..in 8th and lightly accelerate...I can hear/feel some type of vibration.

Some guys have said there's NO sound with this shudder issue...with me..there's definitely sound..maybe a little vibration. So maybe i don't even have an issue. maybe its a sticky AFM valve...who knows.

I remember when I first got the car. when it went into v4..i could hear a difference...give a little gas to get into v8 mode and i could hear it change. Now i don't hear any difference when it switches. It just sounds like i'm really bogging the motor.

these forums can make you look for symptoms you don't even have.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:19 PM   #450
grampa_ss

Update: to my above rant...

I went out and pulled fuse 51. It was usually always pulled. But I remember putting it back in to check out stealth mode for morning start-ups and never bothered to pull it out again.

Well, I was unable to reproduce the "bogging" sound and or whatever vibration that that sound caused. So, maybe the NPP valves DO close a little at freeway cruising...even in track mode.

Trip to dealer cancelled.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:32 PM   #451
vidkidZ
Mobile/Embedded Architect

Drives: '16 2SS white convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
The engineer should take the demo unit camaro and see if it does the same thing. I've gone up inclines in V4 mode before and it worked. Shit excuse from GM. They aren't owning up to the issue.
I made this case. Was told was that the new transmissions are not broken in and would not behave in the same manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
I agree. Also, when mine exhibited the vibration, it would do it in v4 and v8 mode. If yours does the same (highly likely), then put the car into sport mode, downshift 1 time while in manual shift mode (this forces car into v8 mode until you put it back into automatic)

show them the problem while in v8 mode and see what the excuse is then.
Excellent point. Considering the 2SS is back in the garage, I'll give this a try in the morning after the Camaro wakes up the neighbors kids at 5:30am .
vidkidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:31 AM   #452
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
Update: to my above rant...

I went out and pulled fuse 51. It was usually always pulled. But I remember putting it back in to check out stealth mode for morning start-ups and never bothered to pull it out again.

Well, I was unable to reproduce the "bogging" sound and or whatever vibration that that sound caused. So, maybe the NPP valves DO close a little at freeway cruising...even in track mode.

Trip to dealer cancelled.
They do. Unless you pull the fuse, the npp valves are never "always open".

When you say bogging, do you mean it happens when you are, say, around 1100 rpm under load? Or is it at a higher rpm?
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:10 PM   #453
corsa636

Drives: Ford Focus
Hello, has anyone problems with their Transmission in Camaros build after March 2017?

(I wrote somewere in internet that Oppenheimer said that only cars built before March 2017 should be afflected with that shudder issue)
corsa636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 05:17 PM   #454
crosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsa636 View Post
Hello, has anyone problems with their Transmission in Camaros build after March 2017?

(I wrote somewere in internet that Oppenheimer said that only cars built before March 2017 should be afflected with that shudder issue)
mine has a build date of may 2017. It's in the shop for the shudder for the 2nd time.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:44 AM   #455
grampa_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
They do. Unless you pull the fuse, the npp valves are never "always open".

When you say bogging, do you mean it happens when you are, say, around 1100 rpm under load? Or is it at a higher rpm?
Low RPMs. 1100-1500 or so.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:57 AM   #456
crosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
Low RPMs. 1100-1500 or so.
Mine does that as well. I usually attribute it to actual bogging. Much like driving a stick and the rpms are too low.

My issue with it is that the car seems to let the rpms get that low too often before it decides to downshift.

For example, I can shift into 8th at 47 mph, but it won't automatically shift down to 7th until you hit 43, creating what I described above.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:37 PM   #457
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
This is one thread i wish i didn't have to chime in... My A8 was working fine, saw the thread and never even checked in. Mostly because i have had my share of problems with the car (rear diff swapped out was the big one). Anyway, i have the shaking now and the rear diff is groaning again. Seriously thinking about trading it in. Road trip this fall down to the tail of the dragon. If it doesn't fall apart it might be gone next spring.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:19 PM   #458
Bwright4

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic black,NPP,MRC
Driski, How many miles before the shake? I am at 13000, none yet.
Bwright4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:22 PM   #459
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driski View Post
This is one thread i wish i didn't have to chime in... My A8 was working fine, saw the thread and never even checked in. Mostly because i have had my share of problems with the car (rear diff swapped out was the big one). Anyway, i have the shaking now and the rear diff is groaning again. Seriously thinking about trading it in. Road trip this fall down to the tail of the dragon. If it doesn't fall apart it might be gone next spring.
Man, sorry to hear about your issues. As a fellow Mass owner, I can understand owning a car you can only drive for a few months a year, then having an issue when you should be enjoying yourself.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:52 PM   #460
Driski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwright4 View Post
Driski, How many miles before the shake? I am at 13000, none yet.
About 19K. I think i was feeling it slightly last year before i put it up for the winter. It is very obvious now. I am hoping that if i can get it into the shop and have them do the flush it may be okay. Good luck with yours... we are not all getting it.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:54 PM   #461
Driski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Man, sorry to hear about your issues. As a fellow Mass owner, I can understand owning a car you can only drive for a few months a year, then having an issue when you should be enjoying yourself.
Yup, it does suck. Love the car... but WTF!
Old 05-08-2018, 06:46 PM   #462
T32803

Drives: Sold it
I experienced shudder with my 2018 A8 V6 last weekend.

I experienced shudder with my 2018 A8 V6 last weekend.
I had a 2017 A8 V6 that also had shudder and I traded it in for the 2018.

I'll be calling the dealer to see what's next. Is the 3 time transmission
fluid flush still the recommended treatment?
T32803 is offline   Reply With Quote