Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-28-2018, 04:40 AM   #1
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Looking to do paint correction/ceramic/XPEL near Lebanon PA

Guys and Gals, where is a good place to get paint correction, ceramic coating and XPEL near Lebanon PA? I heard there is a good place is Lancaster. Looking to get all this done in July and want to get ahead of the game and get this in. Might even have it done prior to that. Thanks!
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:29 PM   #2
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
These guys are in your area.
Detail Lab and InShane Designs.
Paint correction, ceramic coating, wraps, and Xpel.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:49 AM   #3
red_johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
These guys are in your area.
Detail Lab and InShane Designs.
Paint correction, ceramic coating, wraps, and Xpel.
Thanks, I will look into them. Anyone else have recommendations? Thanks!
Old 03-30-2018, 02:40 PM   #4
red_johnny

So how many have had this done? From what I am figuring, its going to cost about 4,500. Does that seem high?
Old 03-30-2018, 03:58 PM   #5
harner

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
$4500 is probably about right. I'd imagine Xpel for a full vehicle is in the 3k range. Figure 1500 for full paint correction and ceramic coating (on top of the Xpel). It's a bit salty, but Troy@DL and InShane are proven to do good work with that combo.
1994 Trans Am LM7/CPT 4L60E/9"
1987 IROC
2006 Silverado
harner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 09:12 AM   #6
red_johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by harner View Post
$4500 is probably about right. I'd imagine Xpel for a full vehicle is in the 3k range. Figure 1500 for full paint correction and ceramic coating (on top of the Xpel). It's a bit salty, but Troy@DL and InShane are proven to do good work with that combo.
Not looking to do a full xpel just the front, behind fenders and the door handle cup. I might have to look at other options to keep costs down. Maybe a novistrech bra, paint correction and ceramic coat.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:19 PM   #7
red_johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_johnny View Post
Not looking to do a full xpel just the front, behind fenders and the door handle cup. I might have to look at other options to keep costs down. Maybe a novistrech bra, paint correction and ceramic coat.
Really trying to nail this down before I jump in to do it. I want to get the clear bra done but first I know I need a paint correction and ceramic. I am thinking to buy the kit for the bra and DIY. Now I know I will have to take the car in to get a quote but I think I might be able to get away with 2,000 or under. Spend about 300 on a xpel or scotchgaurd kit and I should be good. The only reason I dont do everything myself is lack of experience in paint correction. Ceramic coatings look easy enough to apply but if I am getting a paint correction done I should have the ceramic done at the same time. The clear bra kit looks to be challenging but I think I should be able to find someone to help me out. I have a big cross country move where I will be driving my SS around 1800 miles this summer. Just want to be prepared without breaking the bank.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:29 PM   #8
Boost Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_johnny View Post
Really trying to nail this down before I jump in to do it. I want to get the clear bra done but first I know I need a paint correction and ceramic. I am thinking to buy the kit for the bra and DIY. Now I know I will have to take the car in to get a quote but I think I might be able to get away with 2,000 or under. Spend about 300 on a xpel or scotchgaurd kit and I should be good. The only reason I dont do everything myself is lack of experience in paint correction. Ceramic coatings look easy enough to apply but if I am getting a paint correction done I should have the ceramic done at the same time. The clear bra kit looks to be challenging but I think I should be able to find someone to help me out. I have a big cross country move where I will be driving my SS around 1800 miles this summer. Just want to be prepared without breaking the bank.
You want to do paint correction, then xpel, then ceramic coating.
You want to ceramic coat on top of the xpel to make the xpel clearer, more shiny.
I think doing the ceramic coating before the xpel makes getting the xpel to stick near impossible.

I'm not an expert, but this is what I've been able to pick up from casual observation.

Another option in a pinch for your cross country trip would be do a painters tape wrap. Cheap, easily repairable, you can double up on high impact areas like the front bumper mirrors and rear quarters in front of the rear tires.
The interstate can be a brutal place, especially near cities with heavy traffic.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:52 AM   #9
red_johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
You want to do paint correction, then xpel, then ceramic coating.
You want to ceramic coat on top of the xpel to make the xpel clearer, more shiny.
I think doing the ceramic coating before the xpel makes getting the xpel to stick near impossible.

I'm not an expert, but this is what I've been able to pick up from casual observation.

Another option in a pinch for your cross country trip would be do a painters tape wrap. Cheap, easily repairable, you can double up on high impact areas like the front bumper mirrors and rear quarters in front of the rear tires.
The interstate can be a brutal place, especially near cities with heavy traffic.
I was not aware of the xpel and ceramic issue. I knew I would want to coat the xpel but interesting about it not sticking well. Good call on the painters tape, I will look into that. Thanks
Old 04-03-2018, 06:18 AM   #10
Boost Creep

Like I said I'm not an expert, and could be totally wrong, but I was under the impression you don't want to ceramic coat before you wrap.

Update:
Did a quick search, and you can wrap over the ceramic coating, it's just the clear wrap dulls the appearance of the paint. And then when you apply the ceramic coating on top of the clear wrap, it restores the clarity making the whole car shiny again.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:47 PM   #11
red_johnny

Got it, thanks!