Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 11-29-2016, 02:33 AM   #1
Cldgin2

Drives: 2017 1LE SS
Rear right? Brake squeak - **UPDATE** 5/11/2017 not brakes

First post
So about 500 miles ago I noticed (occasionally) when slowing down like for speed bumps or a stop sign I'd get this squeak like I ran over a mouse. It's not the normal brakes are squealing thing , associated with brembos. As time went by it's gotten worse. Usually only happens when slowing down from around 13mph , makes a loud mouse type squeak then gone. Sounds like it comes from the rear right

Car has about 4300 miles. Never had to emergency brake.

Any one encounter this?

****UPDATE****
Thought I'd update this as it's been an issue since this post. Sadly no one replied to it, but I figured I can't be alone in this issue that I now feel is hopefully solved. This has been going on from a personal standpoint since November and with the dealership since January.

I finally grew tired of hoping the squeak went away and took the car to the dealer in January. I had noticed that the squeak changed when I switched exhaust modes. I'll post the link to the video I made below. Sport and Track mode the car would squeak from the rear when doing neighborhood speeds and braking around 13 mph. When shifted to tour or snow/ice it would squeak on acceleration, from a near stop. As I do not have mag ride I knew it had to be an exhaust issue.

Tech at the dealer on first turn of the car said indeed was the exhaust and ordered a new one. I waited over a Month for the part to come in, only to learn GM cancelled the part order. Needless to say I was a bit let down. They tried to convince me it wad the "rattle" others have fully documented here, and wanted to do that glue trick. As I pointed out, it's not a rattle, it's a squeak. And seeing as the rattle goes away when the fuse is unplugged (something I already tried) and it didn't change a thing why fix what isn't broken?

A few weeks later They then were told by a GM Camaro engineer that my squeak was most likely the result of a TSB where they need to spray a dry lube in the exhaust actuators (there are 3 or 4 access holes) they did this and with in ten minutes of driving home the squeak appeared. I called to report my findings and was told they would get with the rep and engineer and see what they could come up with. By now I'm frustrated as we are closing in on April. After calls to GM corporate and working with a nice man named bob, and a meeting with my dealers head honcho and the manager of service, they asked me to upload a video I took and had sent to them to YouTube, as GMs mail system could not handle video file sizes.

I uploaded the video, and waited another couple weeks. Camaro engineers watched the video over and over and finally decided that both exhaust actuators needed replaced (700.00 a pop)

With in 10 minutes of driving home the squeak appeared. By now I'm really upset but keeping my cool. Called and emailed my dealer and finally!!! An all new exhaust was ordered (2200.00) beginning of this week my exhaust was installed (second week of May) and two days of driving no squeak! Though I'm nervous of it's return.... still not sure what was causing the squeak, hoping they ship the thing to GM for further inquiry . I do know it NEVER did it if I wasn't in manual mode.

Only took about five months lol. Posting this in case any one else comes across this. 2016 2SS , no mag ride, dual mode exhaust.

YouTube link that was created for GM:

https://youtu.be/t0dysI0tHZU

Last edited by Cldgin2; 05-12-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Cldgin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:24 AM   #2
Cldgin2

Bump up
Old 05-12-2017, 06:03 AM   #3
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Most likely the actuators for the v4 -v8 transition, putting it in manual mode eliminates the transition or movement from v8 to v4 and keeping it in v8 mode
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:30 AM   #4
Cldgin2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slem View Post
Most likely the actuators for the v4 -v8 transition, putting it in manual mode eliminates the transition or movement from v8 to v4 and keeping it in v8 mode
I thought that, but does the car actually ever get to V4 mode when driving at low neighborhood speeds? I am constantly having to slow down to get over these damn speed bumps we have. Figured v4 mode didn't play into it..?