Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-05-2019, 07:06 AM   #15
jravenfan

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic
The BA system, as many have said, has no bottom end and distorts quickly, I added a sub and amp and like it much better now.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:15 PM   #16
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
The rear speakers rattled on mine, but later settled in and stopped rattling.

However, the bottom end is weak and in general, the sound system in my lowly Chevy Trax, with a cheap-ass woofer built into the spare tire cover, sounds better.

Also, I used to think that XM radio sound quality was inferior to MP3, but in fact that problem is unique to my Camaro. XM radio sounds fine in my other car.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #17
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Its good but its underpowered. I have said it before, but given all of the quality issues of the 4th gen's Monsoon system, at this writing it still remains the best sounding OEM system of my fleet. It will easily out volume all of my other radios, and it has respectable clarity and sound definition. The newer radios have improved clarity and separation, and more function thanks to the development of MyLink and Onstar.

A nice surprise, however, has been the Pioneer 9 speaker system in my Malibu. Granted, it isn't the most powerful of my systems, but its similar to the BA in that it uses MyLink and its adaptable to Onstar and has Bluetooth. This system really shined when I added an aftermarket subwoofer system.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:51 PM   #18
jergarr

Drives: 11' RJT 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
The rear speakers rattled on mine, but later settled in and stopped rattling.

However, the bottom end is weak and in general, the sound system in my lowly Chevy Trax, with a cheap-ass woofer built into the spare tire cover, sounds better.

Also, I used to think that XM radio sound quality was inferior to MP3, but in fact that problem is unique to my Camaro. XM radio sounds fine in my other car.
Yeah I had the same issue with the speaker rattle. I brought it to the dealer right after I got the car and was told it was normal.
Stainless Power Headers w/cats
Fluidampr 25% UDP
Cold Air Inductions Intake
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
ADM Trans Cooler
Some BMR Goodies
jergarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:18 PM   #19
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
The vert has a subwoofer, which helps. Plus, forget the Bluetooth and plug in your iPhone in directly with the cord. Much better sound with iPhone than the radio. Also, adjust Eq properly.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 03:43 AM   #20
Starfall
1bad6

Drives: 2010 camaro
Honestly if you have your phone connected via usb (i have bluetooth aswell) it sounds pretty good, but using bluetooth on the sound system my RS came with it sounds like shit, no bass
Old 01-06-2019, 09:25 AM   #21
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I gave it the sound test last night. I used a CD player via the USB and aux jack ports. A quality digital recording sounds great. Could it use a sub? Probably, but again, what real world instrument is it reproducing? Maybe an Ampeg bass stack in the hands of Michael Anthony in the original Van Halen lineup but...all the other instruments would have to be at the same sound level too. And there is simply no way to reproduce EVH on one of his signature guitars and a line of 5150 amps - through a 100,000 watt* PA system, in a Camaro! IMO.

*The Who used a 120,000 watt system on a 2002 tour

Last edited by Moto-Mojo; 01-06-2019 at 09:38 AM.
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:35 AM   #22
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
Honestly if you have your phone connected via usb (i have bluetooth aswell) it sounds pretty good, but using bluetooth on the sound system my RS came with it sounds like shit, no bass

Agreed I use an ipod via USB & overall I think its sounds pretty darned good. I have pondered upgrading it over the years but never got around to it & likely never will now that the car is getting rather old.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:45 AM   #23
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
The vert has a subwoofer, which helps. Plus, forget the Bluetooth and plug in your iPhone in directly with the cord. Much better sound with iPhone than the radio. Also, adjust Eq properly.
The EQ has to be set differently for Bluetooth, but once that's done, it will sound as good as a wired connection.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:35 AM   #24
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
It has everything to do with what you’re listening to as well. If you are playing a lousy, stepped on YouTube video/audio through Bluetooth - or wired, there’s no way to polish this turd. So many MP3’s and reproductions of old and new music - including the YT’s of vinyl are crap reproductions. And if someone ripped a CD in Windows, used a low resolution and uploaded it to YT or the like, it is what it is. If you’re iPod,etc. is full of music you or someone got from online sources it could be crap too.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:37 PM   #25
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Agreed I use an ipod via USB & overall I think its sounds pretty darned good. I have pondered upgrading it over the years but never got around to it & likely never will now that the car is getting rather old.
This is what I do as well. I think the Boston Acoustics system sounds decent with a good source. Bluetooth is ok but the hard wired connection definitely sounds better. XM sound quality was pretty bad in my Camaro at least.
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:53 PM   #26
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKat View Post
This is what I do as well. I think the Boston Acoustics system sounds decent with a good source. Bluetooth is ok but the hard wired connection definitely sounds better. XM sound quality was pretty bad in my Camaro at least.

Yeah I found the XM sounded really muffled by comparison so that wasn't an option for very long for me either.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 06:54 PM   #27
USMC85
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I have BA system, but I have to say I only listen to it on the rare occasion I had to use the air conditioner or heat. Much rather listen to the music coming from the exhaust.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:17 AM   #28
LuSINda

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Who needs a stereo when all you have to do is roll your window down to hear some sweet, sweet music?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jergarr View Post
Not a fan. My 2005 monte carlo has better bass Only thing im really jealous about the 6th gen camaro is that they went to bose. Our 2003 Tahoe has bose and it sounds so much better.
In 2010 the RPO UQA code would get you the Bose speaker system - even has a sub in the trunk.

Lusinda
2010 2SS/RS
LuSINda is offline   Reply With Quote