Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 01-25-2020, 08:29 PM   #1
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
IKON motorsports 1LE blade style spoiler. Holes still show. :(

Sooo let me be very upfront. I know many of you here have this spoiler and it DOES cover the holes on our stock SS trunklid. Mine does not. Not really a lot of ways this can go on, and there just isn't any more spoiler! -Maybe I'll get out my 2x4 stretcher and see if it'll stretch any!!! Seriously though, the quality seems pretty good overall, and IKON makes no statements about it fitting the SS and covering holes. At $97 unpainted in bare ABS, I took a gamble.

The bare ABS is pretty nice with only minimal molding marks, and no scratches or blemishes. It's seems pretty sturdy, and would no doubt make a nice spoiler once painted. -if it covered the holes. You could say the gap in between the pieces is a little large too, but for $97 on an aftermarket part, it's ok. In the pic, is IS centered, and in the best "final" position that could get it. It's held on the pic by just a few tiny pieces of double stick tape.

Final takeaway. IKON motorsports sold me good piece, at a great price, and I took a chance on it fitting where they make NO mention of it fitting. Didn't work out, but I would look to IKON again if another product interested me.
Attached Images

Abubaca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 04:30 PM   #2
RLNTLSS
INTSAGRAM: Failwish

Drives: 2019 /2SS LT1
What about taken it off and run a quarter inch of black vinyl under it..to hide the hole?
Old 01-26-2020, 08:58 PM   #3
Abubaca

Quote:
What about taken it off and run a quarter inch of black vinyl under it..to hide the hole?

...I've actually thought about that. I've been trying to figure out what's the LEAST amount of vinyl I can use, yet still make it look somewhat natural. I work in signs and graphics for a living so I do have the vinyl at my disposal.
Old 02-01-2020, 09:01 AM   #4
Dark Phoenix

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS Redline
General consensus is that they do fit and cover all holes. I thought the one it barely covers is the most forward center hole.
Dark Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 07:36 AM   #5
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Had the same issue if you put the tape along the rear edge where it curves down the trunk (blue arrow). I had to put it just on the red areas along the front & rear (red arrows). After that i put a couple of self-tapping screws up into it to hold it on since the tape failed on me 2x regardless. Been fine since doing this.
Attached Images

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:43 AM   #6
Abubaca

Quote:
General consensus is that they do fit and cover all holes. I thought the one it barely covers is the most forward center hole.

I agree, that is the general consensus. But clearly mine does not.

Quote:
Had the same issue if you put the tape along the rear edge where it curves down the trunk (blue arrow). I had to put it just on the red areas along the front & rear (red arrows). After that i put a couple of self-tapping screws up into it to hold it on since the tape failed on me 2x regardless. Been fine since doing this.

I can see what you mean. If I adjusted slightly up on the rear curve, it would cover the hole, but it most definitely wasn't quite as flush when i did that, although I doubt anyone know. I can also see how it failed on you, and how the screws helped. I just don't wanna go that way. It really is made well, and fits the contour perfectly. That's how I'd prefer it be mounted, -and this leaves the hole exposed obviously.

At most I'm out $100. Pretty sure I can sell it for a good chunk of that. -and I don't hate the SS spoiler, soooo maybe the RPI...maybe the regular stock ZL1....I dunno....we'll see.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:17 AM   #7
custommx3

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2023 3LT RS, 2011 2LT RS
Did you happen to put tape over the rear lip portion causing it sit back slightly? Mine is covered.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:02 PM   #8
Abubaca

Quote:
Did you happen to put tape over the rear lip portion causing it sit back slightly? Mine is covered.

I did not. ....Honestly, I think for a price of less than $100 out of china....I mean....I think there's your answer. Most work. A few don't.
Old 03-02-2020, 08:11 AM   #9
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
I ended up with an ikon 1LE lip spoiler. Fitment is not 100%, but you get what you pay for. Not noticeable unless you get right up on it and look. Distant wise you cannot tell the difference from oem. I had to use double side tape and urethane adhesive for the center parts. It does shift a bit if you force by hand, but has not flown off at posted speed limits on the freeway.
Davescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote