Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 12-19-2019, 09:44 AM   #29
JJ2218

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2.0 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post

this is an edit: i was running out the door when I posted, but what I 'think' you are getting to is fuel enrichment. yes there is enrichment in the the fuel ratio as rpms and power demands dictate and the modern vernacular is lambda and ours goes to around .82 at WOT. this (Short Term Fuel Trim) is fine tuned via MAF calibration (in steady state and WOT). The accurate fuel recipe needs to be entered (as stoich value) in the fuel table so the ecu knows what to expect (there are sub algorithms that use this data). the default is 13.9-ish for 93 octane E10 in the E80A. If you have a wonky MAF calibration or an external effect on the MAF sensor (CAI is a common one) it can result in a skew in the AFR line like in the RC blue line, the Stoich does Not change.

W.
Wook, were you running a CAI in that RC dyno? I may end up waiting. The RC just sounds so darn easy.
JJ2218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 05:32 PM   #30
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
No just a KN filter, a midpipe muffler, and a jacfab boostOlater if I recall. It is very easy - just practice with the clips on the kit and don't tear into it like I did. They have some info on here. Its really a good stepping block I wouldn't say that as you know I am probably too honest on here, LOL. Seriously - it is a good starter kit to get the imagination going. Just use common sense and reasonable expectations. If you buy from the factory it is a 30 day No questions money back, which I used and its no problem. It will tie wrap right on the side of the fuse box with plenty of cable to dress it neatly. I think mine might be sold, but I can pm you for a second chance.
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:05 AM   #31
JJ2218

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2.0 1LE
Wook, go ahead and sell if you can. I may be moving and will wait for that.
JJ2218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:04 AM   #32
subzero05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 tbd
just to bring this back up, I recently put the RC on mine during an event in Florida they were having with a dealer and so far its been great. no issues to speak of, the tech did tell me they made some changes to the software and all seems to be fantastic.
subzero05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:11 AM   #33
jcarroll012697

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I've still got my GTS actually but it isn't plugged into my car I've got the disabler in currently due to the issues I had with it and now it being winter and cold and snowy I don't really need it anyways. This spring I'm going to try at least 93 octane and see if it works any better or try and diagnose the rest of my issues, if not I'll just go for the real tune and say screw it haha.
jcarroll012697 is offline   Reply With Quote