Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 02-26-2020, 06:35 PM   #29
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
She's lookin' great Cem!!! How's the lower gearing feel thus far? Btw i assume you are well aware of the special mounting reqs for the RRs to prevent treat splitting, eh?
Albeit they seem to go regardless at times, or so it seems from some blogs (on heavier cars)? Any feedback on that? Cheers!
Thanks. I didn't get a chance to drive around too much as I have 5mm spacer on them and I don't feel comfortable without getting the longer, Silverado wheel studs so hopefully all be done by Monday (sways, grinding/extending hole, longer studs and alignment ). That said, it felt a bit peppier and I was very happy with shorter gears with the previous car this will be even shorter.

And yes we are aware of the special mounting my guy (Doug @ ChaseRace) always follow the Toyo's instructions and marked the tires with correct placement (for the first track use), it doesn't matter after the first one so that I can swap them if I want to.

My friend who used in his Z06 can get twice as much life compared to R7. Our weights will be similar since I will be saving about 130lbs but he had tons more power and I know the fact lap times affect the tire life more than the weight. One thing to mention though he also has 315/345 not 295/315 so that should also affect the life since wider will have more load capacity and thus life in them.

I will keep you posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
Keep me posted on what your data looks like when it comes to set up. Very curious about tire pressures with the RR's on this heavy of a car. I'm really tempted to try these. Might even risk the 305/35, 345/35.
We typically use 26-27 as starting pressures regardless of the weight of the car. However, lower pressures are faster on RRs but they also go faster because of that. Some people use the suggested 30-31psi and shoot for 38-39psi target pressures. With that it lasts a longer and very consistent throughout the session but slightly slower.

I think I would just try 315/345 sizes if I were in your position. With the 345/35/18 you also get more load rating so it becomes easier to run with running narrower wheels. It is even possible to run them on 11" wide tires whereas 345/30/19 (due to low profile) asks for 11.5" or above (maybe 12" I don't remember) . If you don't need the nannies maybe you don't need to worry about adding some rake, I don't know
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:29 PM   #30
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummpwr View Post
Just to follow up I used the Apex 18x10 et 25 most of the weekend at the NASA event at CMP last weekend. I was able to get my TT license and ran ttu Sunday. Did not beat my PB @ a 147.1 but did a 148.6 which was enough for second in TTU.

No rubbing issues with the wheels at all but would like wider tires for next time.

This Corvette took first
Congrats on the NASA TT license. I got a SCCA TT license but haven't used it yet. May use it when the National tour comes to Texas
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 07:43 AM   #31
Ummpwr

Drives: Honda S2000
Cool, I'm considering doing the SCCA TT at CMP come May. What type of licensing process does SCCA have?
Ummpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:12 AM   #32
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
Thanks. I didn't get a chance to drive around too much as I have 5mm spacer on them and I don't feel comfortable without getting the longer, Silverado wheel studs so hopefully all be done by Monday (sways, grinding/extending hole, longer studs and alignment ). That said, it felt a bit peppier and I was very happy with shorter gears with the previous car this will be even shorter.

And yes we are aware of the special mounting my guy (Doug @ ChaseRace) always follow the Toyo's instructions and marked the tires with correct placement (for the first track use), it doesn't matter after the first one so that I can swap them if I want to.

My friend who used in his Z06 can get twice as much life compared to R7. Our weights will be similar since I will be saving about 130lbs but he had tons more power and I know the fact lap times affect the tire life more than the weight. One thing to mention though he also has 315/345 not 295/315 so that should also affect the life since wider will have more load capacity and thus life in them.

I will keep you posted

We typically use 26-27 as starting pressures regardless of the weight of the car. However, lower pressures are faster on RRs but they also go faster because of that. Some people use the suggested 30-31psi and shoot for 38-39psi target pressures. With that it lasts a longer and very consistent throughout the session but slightly slower.

I think I would just try 315/345 sizes if I were in your position. With the 345/35/18 you also get more load rating so it becomes easier to run with running narrower wheels. It is even possible to run them on 11" wide tires whereas 345/30/19 (due to low profile) asks for 11.5" or above (maybe 12" I don't remember) . If you don't need the nannies maybe you don't need to worry about adding some rake, I don't know
Thanks Cem, glad you're on top of it. Curious how they do for ya. Defo keep us posted. A bit worried about the treat splitting even when installed correctly (apparently, based in feedback on Tire Rack). Would hate like hell to be on a split tire at full song...Anyhow, how it all works out. Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 06:27 AM   #33
wenlyone

Drives: Chevy camaro
What 18 inch options are there to keep the same tire width? And what kind of tires are available?
wenlyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 07:22 AM   #34
BatMobileLT1

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenlyone View Post
What 18 inch options are there to keep the same tire width? And what kind of tires are available?
Check www.tirerack.com for info on both.
Old 11-22-2023, 10:02 AM   #35
Christian1LE

Drives: 2004 BMW 330CI, 2022 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenlyone View Post
This is the best page to go to IMO, especially if you're looking for APEX wheels. They list several options for the camaro in both 18" and 19".

https://apexwheels.com/fitment-guide...-fitment-guide
Christian1LE is offline   Reply With Quote