Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-18-2018, 12:11 PM   #99
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebernard View Post
Not liking the blue or red but man o man,I’m lovin’ The satin gray SS. That color really improves the look of the refresh.....which isn’t all that bad. I wouldn’t mine owning one.
Big difference in not minding to own one and "Damn, I have to go out and buy one right now!"
Old 05-18-2018, 12:13 PM   #100
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
True but the Bow tie to me has just always looked out of place on the modern camaro. Maybe because on lower trims it's gold but the bow tie has just always looked to me like they were like oh yeah this a chevy we need to slap some bow ties on it.
Well, it is a Chevy and the bowtie is a Chevy badge... lower trims have gold? My SS 1LE has a gold one... it's not a ZL1 uber camaro, but it isn't an LT either.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:15 PM   #101
Cgocifer

Quote:
I think what really sparked it for me was I saw a 5th gen the other day, no bow tie on the grill, and on the trunk SS emblem instead of the bow tie. I just thought wow, that looks so much cleaner than having bow ties on it. Then I thought oh yeah the Mustang doesn't have the blue oval on it anywhere and it looks clean like that.
Except for the giant horse or GT badges...
Old 05-18-2018, 12:17 PM   #102
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
I think GM better lawyer up - Dodge has a pretty good case for design theft!!!
Old 05-18-2018, 12:29 PM   #103
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Well, it is a Chevy and the bowtie is a Chevy badge... lower trims have gold? My SS 1LE has a gold one... it's not a ZL1 uber camaro, but it isn't an LT either.
Yeah I have no idea what I was thinking when I type lower trim ones lol.

Quote:
Except for the giant horse or GT badges...
True. Maybe Camaro needs it's own logo. I just think it looks cleaner with no bow ties on it.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:18 PM   #104
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Big difference in not minding to own one and "Damn, I have to go out and buy one right now!"
Not really. I WOULD BUY ONE! Not everything has to be extreme.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:23 PM   #105
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
True. Maybe Camaro needs it's own logo. I just think it looks cleaner with no bow ties on it.
Camaro has its own logo on the front fenders.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:08 AM   #106
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Camaro has its own logo on the front fenders.
Yes it does. Its been around since gen 1.

As for the bowties, there are tons of Chevy fans who are proud of that bowtie. I remember in the 90s, dudes would paint bowties on their 100k dollar street rods with heart beat lines and stuff. Lol "The Heartbeat of America, is Today's (or Yesterday's) Chevrolet"

Not sure how many of ya remember that. Hahaha

I have no problem with the bowties, I just dont think a big hole in the shape of one, dead center in the bumper looks good. Its laughable that GM tries to justify the gimmick as providing substantial air flow... whatever. Ha!
Old 05-19-2018, 06:04 AM   #107
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Yes it does. Its been around since gen 1.

As for the bowties, there are tons of Chevy fans who are proud of that bowtie. I remember in the 90s, dudes would paint bowties on their 100k dollar street rods with heart beat lines and stuff. Lol "The Heartbeat of America, is Today's (or Yesterday's) Chevrolet"

Not sure how many of ya remember that. Hahaha

I have no problem with the bowties, I just dont think a big hole in the shape of one, dead center in the bumper looks good. Its laughable that GM tries to justify the gimmick as providing substantial air flow... whatever. Ha!
I could never figure out why they call it a bowtie. It looks nothing like a bowtie. Lol
Sorry ,carry on.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 06:48 AM   #108
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
These were some of the same sentiments and comments about C7 when it first appeared. I owned a C6 and personally, did not like the rear and front fascia on the C7 and still don't. Regardless, I still see a lot of C7's. Apparently someone likes them and this may hold true for the "19 Camaro. I will add that the A10 in the new Camaro is a huge plus and it might be just enough that buyers can live with the cosmetic appearance changes.
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:50 AM   #109
Rob13567

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss NGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
dude... tell me you don't see any resemblance.
Malibu tail lights were inspired by the 5th gen camaros....
Rob13567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:55 AM   #110
JohnCobalt

Drives: Camaro and Mazda CX3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
These were some of the same sentiments and comments about C7 when it first appeared. I owned a C6 and personally, did not like the rear and front fascia on the C7 and still don't. Regardless, I still see a lot of C7's. Apparently someone likes them and this may hold true for the "19 Camaro. I will add that the A10 in the new Camaro is a huge plus and it might be just enough that buyers can live with the cosmetic appearance changes.
That’s ok that you don’t like the C7, nothing wrong with that and you weren’t alone, but the general public went absolutely crazy over it at first. Not many care much anymore, naturally. I have so many stories but I’d be here all day. I guarantee you no one’s gonna ask hey can I sit in your 2019 refresh Camaro and have my picture taken? Point is Chevy knows how to make great looking cars that make people say wow look at that! I want one! If most camaro fans are saying eww look at that, it’s foul ball and not the home run the C7 and gen 6 Camaro were.
JohnCobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:06 AM   #111
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCobalt View Post
That’s ok that you don’t like the C7, nothing wrong with that and you weren’t alone, but the general public went absolutely crazy over it at first. Not many care much anymore, naturally. I have so many stories but I’d be here all day. I guarantee you no one’s gonna ask hey can I sit in your 2019 refresh Camaro and have my picture taken? Point is Chevy knows how to make great looking cars that make people say wow look at that! I want one! If most camaro fans are saying eww look at that, it’s foul ball and not the home run the C7 and gen 6 Camaro were.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:39 AM   #112
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
Its the Camaro internet crowd base that is divided mostly and that is really a small percentage of Camaro fans of overall. The 2019 will sell as many if not more then the average has been for the Gen 6 Camaro, only time will tell but i have faith in it. The A10 will make it a faster car , especially at a drag strip so they will have the bragging rights. I personally have seen more longtime Camaro owners that past over the 5th Gen Camaro buying the 6th Gen . I am with you liking the C6 over the C7 and i remember a lot of Corvette fans didn't care for it at first. I believe the new C8 mid engine Corvette will have its share of haters as well.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote