Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 06-19-2018, 08:20 PM   #1
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
smog and ready monitors

We have the ODBII smog check in Austin,
I have supercharger, cam, headers no cat, huge breathers.
MY monitors that are reading "Not Ready" are
fuel System:
Evap Systtem:
02 sensor
Heated 02:
EGT/VVT

I know for sure I have the rear 02 not monitored, and one is missing as the wide band is in there. I'll put it back on the 20th. Does anybody have an opinion or know on what triggers the other monitors? I can't be the only one with not ready check. Oh and there is no check engine light.

Also can HP tuner show me the ready status, the guy at the smog place looks to have a cheap hand held. my cheap hand held can't do it.

Any help would be appreciated by me and others in smog areas. Oh I don't mind putting in the Kooks cats, I just wanted to do it after the final tune as I did not want to roast them.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:01 AM   #2
oldman

well driving around I'm down one "fuel system", I purchased a new code reader that can read these "monitors". I still have:
Evap Systtem:
02 sensor
Heated 02:
EGT/VVT

I've put back the complete Evap system and PCV, VVT mine is limited because of the cam, I don't think the car has an EGT which must be exhaust gas temp. dunno.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:37 PM   #3
oldman

One monitor has cleared itself. HTR which I assume is the O2 heater.
I'm working on the EVAP monitor now and it looks like it only clears with 1/4 to 3/4 tank of gas and steady state driving.

I don't know if I can clear the VVT /EGR monitor, the cam has a VVT restrictor to 6 degrees, probably WAY too little to clear the monitor.

That leaves two O2 monitors that hopefully clear when I get both cats in.

The car can pass with one monitor "not ready".

The car has also two permeant codes, both on bank 2: fuel trim too high and cat inefficiency. both should clear with the cats in. These can't be cleared by law from any device.

I used this for reference: https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329018
Old 07-20-2018, 05:16 PM   #4
oldman

OK all monitors turned themselves off with driving except for EGR. EGR is passive via cam phasing, and since I have a cam with a phase limiter to 6 degrees, it ain't happening. Luckily in Austin, I can pass with one monitor "not ready".

As an aside, I still have one permanent code that has NOT cleared: Cat low efficiency, I think the 02 in that side is dead. I will replace and run a spacer just to clear the code, if does NOT turn on the check engine light nor show up on smog.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:42 AM   #5
SanDMaN2091

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS A8 NPP
I'm fixing to try and get a legitimate inspection this time. So I been digging for drive cycle readiness crap also.. I found this in gen5 forum dont know if it apples but I cant get evap, fuel, or O2 to go ready I think fuel, and O2 will come out in tune for longtubes I belive. But evap has not showed ready since I put ported msd (I have checked, rechecked and torqued 3 times) gonna try thisdrive cycle bs and see what happens. I hear you need between 1/4 and 3/4 fuel in tank also.
Attached Images

LPE Ported/Polished 95mm LT5Throttle Body,
PRAY Ported MSD Intake Manifold,
SP Coated TSP 1 7/8" Catlless Longtubes
Hooker BlackHeart Cat-Back,
Mishimoto Catch Can (Which always has some nasty in it)
Instagram@Weapon_6
SanDMaN2091 is offline   Reply With Quote