Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-06-2018, 11:59 AM   #15
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPoop View Post
Ok. Good to know. I am assuming the computer adjusts according to what you are feeding it.
@chicken btw - on about 7psi, 93 octane, with Blower only, you will be in the 550-575whp on 93. That’s about where the high pressure fuel pump will start dropping off. You can certainly push it a little further, but it doesn’t make sense imho. I am not even sure you will have the room to run e85 with the LT1 fuel system.

You can definitely get into the 600-650 range if you swap out the hpfp. @laynlo ran up to 720whp on stock internals, but he had the lingenfelter Big bore pump. My original intention was to run 550-600whp on the stock internals and just enjoy the car. At that level, you are faster than a stock ZL1 and you have spend a lot less money.

However, to go further, you really need to upgrade the fuel system.

It really doesn’t matter which blower you choose, the peak numbers are all similar. The Maggie and the Whipple will have more power under the curve, but I loved my Prochargers too. The point isn’t about the blower but to setup my next point:

1. 5psi stock LT1 - 530whp
2. 7psi stock LT1 + Rotofab 550-575
3. 8-10psi LT4 HPFP or big bore pump 600whp+
4. 8psi LT Headers, cam with increased fuel lobe, zl1 fuel system with voltage booster e85 - 700whp

After that you should probably be forged. Also, my numbers are all based on automatic transmission. You would see 3-4% increase to the wheels with a manua

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance

Last edited by Drsagacity; 10-06-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:27 PM   #16
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Charger
I am 48 years old so this may sound kind of childish, but a friend of the families has a HellCat and a Demon. Talks much shit. Tries every time I am in his general area to get me to race him. You see where I am going with this.
ChickenPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:58 PM   #17
Drsagacity

Quote:
I am 48 years old so this may sound kind of childish, but a friend of the families has a HellCat and a Demon. Talks much shit. Tries every time I am in his general area to get me to race him. You see where I am going with this.
Well, it wouldn't be difficult to be able to smack him around at the track. Of course when you start getting into the 750-1000HP range, traction is key. You will need to plan traction. The good news is that you can easily get more power than your friend has with a lighter ride.

TBD performance
Old 10-06-2018, 09:13 PM   #18
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

I think if I could get around the the 600 range I would be happy. Thought about trading it for a ZL1, and working up from there, but I really don't need that much power. I want something that is streetable that you could drive every day, then turn around, put drag radials on and go to the track and bust some ass if you felt like it.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:06 PM   #19
Drsagacity

Quote:
I think if I could get around the the 600 range I would be happy. Thought about trading it for a ZL1, and working up from there, but I really don't need that much power. I want something that is streetable that you could drive every day, then turn around, put drag radials on and go to the track and bust some ass if you felt like it.
The ZL1 will be somewhere around 550whp...in a heavier sled. You will be faster than a Z by running 7psi on the SS. But, the Z has a nice advantage when you get bigger power because the Z is forged from the jump and has the better fuel system. If I knew I would do everything I have done, I would have gone with the Z and built from there. On the other hand, if I had done that, I may never have started adding to it and I would have been stuck with the slower car that doesn't sound as cool. Oh well. Make it your own and have fun.

TBD performance

Last edited by Drsagacity; 10-07-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:12 AM   #20
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

I will be better off spending what I need to on the SS to get what I want. I kinda like the car.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:40 PM   #21
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Numbers look great... a little short of the 800's you mentioned, but strong numbers none the less
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 12:31 AM   #22
Drsagacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
Numbers look great... a little short of the 800's you mentioned, but strong numbers none the less
Yep. Still working on it. I was shooting for 750whp on e and 800whp with race fuel as I was planning to run a different pulley with race fuel for the track. I also realized one of the cars I used to get estimates from was a manual...so I have about 3.5% additional loss. As an example, at 8psi, he was at 730...I was at 705whp.

Here's the thing, if we can get into then 9's without needing a different tune, without needing alky/methanol, without needing race fuel...just pump e85...that would be pretty bad ass.

We are gonna try and get to a track and do some logging and get the tune finalized then we will decide what to do with the boost. I think the current system can get to the 850whp range pretty easily (will need race fuel and probably 14psi to be in the 800's). On the street, no reason to change. My current tune is my regular street tune. Only question is, can I get 9's with it or do I need to be over 800whp to make that happen?

TBD performance

Last edited by Drsagacity; 10-12-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:03 AM   #23
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
The vert is now running 12 psi with 761whp...or 900HP to the crank. I am going to start working on custom emblems for the 900 SS.

Pump e85 (really e70), no alky and no race fuel. This is a street tune that is perfect...but has pushed the street tires past their limit. Care is required passing or on any quick start (as in realizing the light changed, or pulling in front of traffic for a tighter fit).

I posted another thread in the FI section with the dyno also, but wanted to make sure the vert community sees the progress.

I was really looking at changing the exhaust, but as I drive it more...starting to love it as is.

https://youtu.be/DEeScGfEXwI

https://youtu.be/t_YZ8cuXisg
Yes ive seen those videos but i want to see it on the street
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:56 PM   #24
Drsagacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP3BOOSTED View Post
Yes ive seen those videos but i want to see it on the street
Sorry. I dont have videos like that. I would like to get the car out when it quits raining so that I can do a final wash before garage for winter.

Usually our winters are pretty mild so I will still get it out occasionally, but pretty much she's away a while now.

TBD performance