Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 11-14-2017, 09:44 PM   #15
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
Not drunk posting lol.

Just being honest. I have seen so many people post lies and stuff not true..I figured it was time to be true. The discounting is what is causing the issue. Time to end it.

Get out of the gutter brother. Ive read all the bad reviews myself. It cost you a sale because Im buying for Christmas. I didnt know until today that I could pay a normal price to get headers at a normal time. There are many that care more about service and quality than cost and will pay. Relationships are how great businesses are built. You really dont seem like a bad company. I think you just got caught up in bottom feeder world.
Good luck to you. Hope you can repair any damage from the bottom feeders and move on.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:03 PM   #16
TimsZ28

Drives: '16 2SS, '14 Z71
This is getting comical. Sure it will be locked soon. Bottom feeders who send someone over $1600 and expect more than excuses is a new one on me. So I was offered 21% off a $2k order to get me to decide to not wait and keep shopping. I took the offer. Paid in full instantly. After a solid month of zero progress I started emailing and digging into is this legit. Found out I am not alone and started to voice I was not comfortable. Got more excuses. Two months later, 3 total I have had enough. Demanded a refund or product by a certain date. He did not provide. Yep I am a low life. I'm good with that. He still has the reminder of my cash and I still have no product. Now I am the cheap guy who is a pain. I'm good with that. I still need my product or my money.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:05 PM   #17
TimsZ28

To re-clarify. Yes I have two of the three items. He does not owe me the full amount.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:13 PM   #18
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimsZ28 View Post
This is getting comical. Sure it will be locked soon. Bottom feeders who send someone over $1600 and expect more than excuses is a new one on me. So I was offered 21% off a $2k order to get me to decide to not wait and keep shopping. I took the offer. Paid in full instantly. After a solid month of zero progress I started emailing and digging into is this legit. Found out I am not alone and started to voice I was not comfortable. Got more excuses. Two months later, 3 total I have had enough. Demanded a refund or product by a certain date. He did not provide. Yep I am a low life. I'm good with that. He still has the reminder of my cash and I still have no product. Now I am the cheap guy who is a pain. I'm good with that. I still need my product or my money.
It okay. It doesn't make you a bad person. Walmart has reprogrammed most people to think of price before everything else. I was almost sucked into bottom feeder world too, but Walmart hasn't completely turned me, so I did some research before I took the bait. I actually have you and many others to thank for clearing my head and remembering that price isnt everything. Don't let the dollar signs take you to Walmart land. Use that gray stuff between your ears and Walmart bottom feeder world won't win.
Good luck to all involved. We have to stop this cycle somehow.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:24 PM   #19
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
"4-6 weeks estimated" is a lot different than 17 actual weeks, at which point I still didn't see any movement.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:39 PM   #20
TimsZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
"4-6 weeks estimated" is a lot different than 17 actual weeks, at which point I still didn't see any movement.
I feel your pain man. Sounds similar, that is almost exactly what I told Brandon on the phone, in email, and posted in the closed thread below. Where he and I didn't see eye to eye was delay to me means a couple weeks. Or waiting on a known sale or group buy that is around the corner. Nothing led me to believe months of waiting on him to decide for whatever reason now is the time to ship the next part. He knew that two months ago and still didn't change his ways. Sorry to hear you are part of this as well. :/ I feel someone who let's someone else hold their cash for three months with no realistic reason is a pretty stand up person.

Last edited by TimsZ28; 11-14-2017 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 11-15-2017, 12:23 AM   #21
RedDragonSS2.0

Drives: 2017 Summit White Camaro SS 1LE
Worst customer service experience ever with Maryland speed, I plan on uploading my review real soon plenty of documentation to upload so people can see what to expect...

Be sure to post this in the Camaro 6th Generation FB Group It seems to garner way more interest than on this forum.

Rotofab Intake, Borla 60606 Midpipes, Corsa Extreme Axleback
Old 11-15-2017, 10:12 AM   #22
chrish70

Drives: 2015 ls3 camaro ss
Maryland Speed = Rip Off Scumbags

Please Check out the Links below and see what other people have gone through.

https://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-ea...and-complaints

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...ervice-1368747

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...d-inte-1393133

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91400

Every Forum out there has the same feedback, stick with the real honest vendors JDP, RDP ,Juiced and the many other great companies out there and avoid Maryland Speed at all costs!!!
Old 11-15-2017, 11:40 AM   #23
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrish70 View Post
Maryland Speed = Rip Off Scumbags

Please Check out the Links below and see what other people have gone through.

https://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-ea...and-complaints

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...ervice-1368747

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...d-inte-1393133

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91400

Every Forum out there has the same feedback, stick with the real honest vendors JDP, RDP ,Juiced and the many other great companies out there and avoid Maryland Speed at all costs!!!
I would recommend anyone here check his post history. 50% of it is dedicated to bashing us when he has never been a customer....
Old 11-15-2017, 02:23 PM   #24
2kformula

Drives: 2019 Camaro ss 1LE
I'm in the Same boat as the OP. Placed any order on Aug. 18th for kooks headers and still waiting. While shopping on line Branden messaged me and offered a bigger discount to order that day. Of course I took it...a great deal on a great product...done.

I've called 4-5 times to get an update...each time to be told its either a few weeks, next week, we'll have kooks direct ship etc. Today I called a little upset and was the first time I got Branden on the line. I wanted to cancel the order...but as we know that's not possible. Branden explained the situation, a little bluntly, which I don't mind if I get the correct info. (I didn't know about this post at the time but can also see why he sounded "annoyed")

Honestly I can't say for sure if I read the agreement fully at the time of sale or if it mentions discounted items can take longer...i wasn't in a real hurry and was getting a good price. After talking to him my issue isn't the delay so much as the other reps I previously talked to and their misinformation. If I was told on call one that because of the discount it can take longer than the specified time on their website...on call 5 I wouldn't be upset...3 months is still a while though.

I manage a team in customer service, in a department with long lead times, and we make sure to set an expectation so the customer is aware upfront.

So Branden thank you for being upfront for the first time about my order. Hopefully I see it soon.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:56 PM   #25
TimsZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kformula View Post
I'm in the Same boat as the OP. Placed any order on Aug. 18th for kooks headers and still waiting. While shopping on line Branden messaged me and offered a bigger discount to order that day. Of course I took it...a great deal on a great product...done.

I've called 4-5 times to get an update...each time to be told its either a few weeks, next week, we'll have kooks direct ship etc. Today I called a little upset and was the first time I got Branden on the line. I wanted to cancel the order...but as we know that's not possible. Branden explained the situation, a little bluntly, which I don't mind if I get the correct info. (I didn't know about this post at the time but can also see why he sounded "annoyed")

Honestly I can't say for sure if I read the agreement fully at the time of sale or if it mentions discounted items can take longer...i wasn't in a real hurry and was getting a good price. After talking to him my issue isn't the delay so much as the other reps I previously talked to and their misinformation. If I was told on call one that because of the discount it can take longer than the specified time on their website...on call 5 I wouldn't be upset...3 months is still a while though.

I manage a team in customer service, in a department with long lead times, and we make sure to set an expectation so the customer is aware upfront.

So Branden thank you for being upfront for the first time about my order. Hopefully I see it soon.

I have no idea from that message if you are comfortable with him at this point or not. If not read on. If you are and willing to wait then ignore this message.
Just so you know there is set ruling on this type of situation through the FTC. If you do not want to wait you do not have to because he "said" you cannot cancel. His response led you to believe you would get shipping soon. Regardless of some disclaimer if it is legal, he responded with next week right? Well did it happen? Did it happen within 30 days of the provided shipping expectation and charge on your account?
Here is a direct copy and paste from the FTC website. You are not in the wrong for expecting to get shipping in a short time after your card was charged. It is not like we are upset at a one, two, or even three week delay here man. Call your card company and ask...
He can tell you he will win the dispute all he wants. You will never know till you file. I could have quoted proof on here that he was notified of a final date and time by me, I could have also posted proof that I did not dispute the entire order like he led people to believe. I'm not on trial or have anything to "prove" here. His reviews and responses are doing that for him. It is between he and the CC company at the moment, not he and I.

FTC website quote-
"What You Should Know Before You Make a Shipment Representation
When you offer to sell merchandise, you must have a "reasonable basis" for:

any express or implied shipment representation, or
believing you can ship within 30 days of receipt of an order -- if you make no shipment representation or if the shipment representation is not clear and conspicuous.
Whenever you change the shipment date by providing a delay notice, you must have a "reasonable basis" for:

the new shipment date, or
any representation that you do not know when you can ship the merchandise.
When you take orders by telephone, or the Internet, you may choose to provide prospective customers with updated shipment information. This may differ from what you said or implied about the shipment time in your advertising. The updated shipment information you provide on the telephone or the Internet supersedes any shipment representation you made in the advertising. You also must have a reasonable basis for the updated shipment representation.

"Reasonable basis" means that the merchant has, at the time of making the representation, such information as would under the circumstances satisfy a reasonable and prudent businessperson, acting in good faith, that the representation is true.

The evidence you need to demonstrate the reasonableness of your shipment representations varies with circumstances. The following, however, is important:

Anticipated demand. Is the demand for each advertised item reasonably anticipated?
Supply. For each advertised item, is there a sufficient inventory on hand or adequate sources of supply to meet the anticipated demand for the product?
Fulfillment system. For all promotions in the relevant sales seasons, can the fulfillment system handle the cumulative anticipated demand for all products?
Recordkeeping. Are adequate records kept of the key events (see section headed "Why You Should Keep Records" for a list of key events) in each individual transaction to ensure that items can be shipped within the applicable time, as established by the Rule?
Remember: Whether you make a shipment representation or rely on the 30-day rule, your advertising should be unambiguous about when you will ship."
Old 11-15-2017, 05:10 PM   #26
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Man! Sorry for all involved. I have spent thousands with MD Speed on my 5th gen build and a few things for my trucks everything was great from prices to delivery. imo
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:49 PM   #27
RedDragonSS2.0

Drives: 2017 Summit White Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
Man! Sorry for all involved. I have spent thousands with MD Speed on my 5th gen build and a few things for my trucks everything was great from prices to delivery. imo
That’s why I had ordered from them... positive experiences with my 5th gen sent him tons of people too great pricing but SHIT SERVICE AND ATTITUDE...

Rotofab Intake, Borla 60606 Midpipes, Corsa Extreme Axleback
Old 11-15-2017, 07:05 PM   #28
chrish70

Drives: 2015 ls3 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
I would recommend anyone here check his post history. 50% of it is dedicated to bashing us when he has never been a customer....

Well you are right on 1 point i was never a customer however my fiance at the time who now is my wife was a customer of yours and you screwed her over and she had to do a charge back on her mastercard because she waited and waited for a set of kooks headers that never came, problem is you have screwed so many people over you wouldnt know them anyway, your selling parts today to pay for previous orders you cant pay for, and to be again totally honest she bought parts from you before the headers and they arrived no problems which is why she bought the headers from you and learnt the hard way.

Closed Thread