Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-18-2018, 05:48 AM   #15
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Block8head View Post
Good choice on color. Congrats!!
Bought my 16 SS vert from Terryville in 06 too. now owning red hot Zl1.
Good choice!
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:51 PM   #16
Charlesk

Drives: 2018 ZL1
I picked up my new 2018 ZL1 convertible six-speed manual yesterday from the dealership. I was really confused as to whether I was making the right move or not but I no longer am. I love the ZL1, it feels more stable and planted on the road then did the ZO6. The tires don't spin all over the place and I think that the handling actually feels better to me. I also believe the ride and comfort to be superior to the ZO6. I'm sure many people will disagree but I owned a ZO6 for 3 years and never really felt connected to the car. I felt at home and connected with a ZL1 on the first drive home. The drive home was often in traffic and pouring rain and I still enjoyed it. Anyone thinking about making the trade I do not think should hesitate.
Charlesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:25 AM   #17
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Congrats and I am glad you are enjoying it. I still prefer the Z06 tho. The ZL1 in my opinion is the ultimate Camaro as far as an all around best bang for your buck performance car. It offers more way more comforts than both the Z28 and the SS and it offers way more performance than the SS while being cheaper than the Z28. But I feel that the Z06 is the ultimate Vette when pricing and maintenance/DD is factored in although the ZR1 is the better performer. And I would take the Vette over the Camaro. To each their own tho. Enjoy your ZL1!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:14 AM   #18
Charlesk

It may be the ultimate corvette, but whats in a name. I had the the Z06 for 3 years the ZL1 is a more useable performance car.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:54 PM   #19

Drives: 2018 zl1
Congrats! I did the same, 16' ZO6 for 18' ZL1. I drive the Camaro more then I did the vette. 3500 miles since Dec. Vettes just don't go to some locales, grocery stores, etc. But now I regret the trade! Oh well, maybe a ZR1..?
91454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:32 PM   #20
Charlesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91454 View Post
Congrats! I did the same, 16' ZO6 for 18' ZL1. I drive the Camaro more then I did the vette. 3500 miles since Dec. Vettes just don't go to some locales, grocery stores, etc. But now I regret the trade! Oh well, maybe a ZR1..?
You regret it, why? I definitely don't. I honestly think the ZL! does everything better and definitely a better street car.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:15 AM   #21
FringBirdAloha

Drives: Pre-production ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
And here I am looking forward to possibly trading my 17 A10 ZL1 for a new Z06...

Just curious. Why the switch?
As a former Corvette owner of various C6’s and C7’s, I would never trade my ZL1 for any Corvette less than a 2019 ZR1.

Things I value about my ZL1 that you can’t get with a Z06:

1. Good air conditioning that actually works
2. Being able to lap a track a few times without overheating
3. Almost half price oil changes
FringBirdAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:08 PM   #22
AggieZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Summit White
I too prefer my ZL1 over the white C7 Z06 I had in most cases. The Corvette was surely faster but it was an automatic. I think I’m one of those people that needs a manual in a muscle car because I get a much wider grin on my face everytime I drive the ZL1 compared to the corvette I had. I have always liked pony cars more than supercars though, but if the vette I got had a manual that might have swayed me that way. I did like doing long roadtrips in the corvette more though. It had more “trunk space” i think and it was relatively comfortable for soaking up those miles. If you do a lot of road trips I think it got twice the gas mileage as the Zl1 but who buys these things to save fuel right?!! I also liked having run flats for when you are in the middle of no where. I do not miss the super low step in height however that makes the Zl1 seem like an suv in comparison. They both have cool interiors especially since the vette had black/red two tone. Cant say which I liked more than the other honestly.
AggieZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:32 PM   #23
Charlesk

Here is one picture. Guess if you've seen one Red Hot ZL1 you've seen them all. This isnt my actual car but is identical in every way.