Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-30-2022, 11:19 AM   #1
Richiefcknrich

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2SS
Apex on stock 2018 Camaro SS

Hi guys will the pictures apex wheel setup below (picture) work for a stock non mag ride camaro 2ss? So if I hit bumps in the road will they crush fenders ? No worried about rocks up the side just more drivability. I drive the car Mabye 500 miles a year and want to check out the truck we have here in mi.
Was going to do factory 1LE wheels but the apex are 7-8 lbs lighter from what I can see.
Thanks every one!
Attached Images

Richiefcknrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 02:54 PM   #2
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Apex has fitment guides on their site for what needs to be done to run their wheels on their site.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 03:38 PM   #3
Richiefcknrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Apex has fitment guides on their site for what needs to be done to run their wheels on their site.
I read though all those but take the car in the pic, does it have spacers , did they grind the struts? Does it have mag ride? Is it lowered?
I was hoping to see if any of you bolted this set up on a stock ss , if so what you do to make it work or was it ok just bolted on?

Another question any you guys running 10’s and 12’s together?
Old 05-31-2022, 06:18 AM   #4
19SW1LE

Drives: 2018 LT 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiefcknrich View Post
I read though all those but take the car in the pic, does it have spacers , did they grind the struts? Does it have mag ride? Is it lowered?
I was hoping to see if any of you bolted this set up on a stock ss , if so what you do to make it work or was it ok just bolted on?

The set up on that photo is designed by APEX for the ZL1 spec in terms of offset. You won't need spacers,or grind anything, what you will need though is a lot of camber to tuck the front tires in to get rid of poke since the ZL1 has wider front fenders. With that wider 305 width front tire, your camber adjustment will be limited at the knuckle so that could pose an issue tucking in the tires unless you get some camber plates. The rear fitment, you might have to relocate the harness on the driver side.

" I read though all those but take the car in the pic, does it have spacers ,(no) did they grind the struts? (maybe) Does it have mag ride?( who knows?) Is it lowered? (looks like it)
I was hoping to see if any of you bolted this set up on a stock ss , if so what you do to make it work or was it ok just bolted on? (definitely not a bolt on affair) "

19SW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 06:42 AM   #5
Richiefcknrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19SW1LE View Post
The set up on that photo is designed by APEX for the ZL1 spec in terms of offset. You won't need spacers,or grind anything, what you will need though is a lot of camber to tuck the front tires in to get rid of poke since the ZL1 has wider front fenders. With that wider 305 width front tire, your camber adjustment will be limited at the knuckle so that could pose an issue tucking in the tires unless you get some camber plates. The rear fitment, you might have to relocate the harness on the driver side.

" I read though all those but take the car in the pic, does it have spacers ,(no) did they grind the struts? (maybe) Does it have mag ride?( who knows?) Is it lowered? (looks like it)
I was hoping to see if any of you bolted this set up on a stock ss , if so what you do to make it work or was it ok just bolted on? (definitely not a bolt on affair) "

Thank you , running camber like that tear up tires quick, or is it made for that type of camber? How much will I notice the weight difference between the apex and the factory ss 1le wheels?
Thanks again
Old 05-31-2022, 06:47 AM   #6
Richiefcknrich

Quote:

So in the bellow pic if I went this size and offset I don’t have to change camber, even with the offset at 35?
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2022, 07:36 AM   #7
19SW1LE

Drives: 2018 LT 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiefcknrich View Post
So in the bellow pic if I went this size and offset I don’t have to change camber, even with the offset at 35?
That set up should be a bolt on set up unless you have mag ride and your trying to max out your front camber for the track, then you'll need to grind the knuckle for added clearance. Best is to ask the Apex team for guaranteed fitment.
19SW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 09:30 AM   #8
Richiefcknrich

Quote:
That set up should be a bolt on set up unless you have mag ride and your trying to max out your front camber for the track, then you'll need to grind the knuckle for added clearance. Best is to ask the Apex team for guaranteed fitment.
I will give them a call today thanks for all the help and info!!