Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 05-22-2022, 09:13 PM   #1
Ruby13

Drives: 2019 2SS/1LE Shadow Grey
Check Engine

LT2 intake manifold and rotofab intake installed and of course p0106 engine code…. Can’t seem to figure it out, clips seemed to set fine for connections from GPI with map harness and shaved manifold. I did trim some of the foam pad… did I not trim enough? Connector bad? What could it be… I turned the car off and then back and it I heard a psssst noise like a nitrous purge valve real quick when I turned it back on quick after shut off… any help? Torqued to 89in/lbs in 3 parts 45/75/89

Last edited by Ruby13; 05-22-2022 at 09:22 PM. Reason: More info
Ruby13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 10:17 PM   #2
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
I’d double check your work focusing on a vacuum leak. Maybe it’s the line in the back of the manifold.

It could very well be the foam pad isn’t letting the intake manifold contact the heads properly.

IMO I’d get rid of the pad and use something like this in its place.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hsp-140025

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 10:32 PM   #3
Ruby13

How will I know if the line in the back? It’s just a tube into GPI’s metal fitting. Once pushed in it clicks and stays in.
Old 05-22-2022, 11:02 PM   #4
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
There are a few ways to check that fitting. One, listen for a vacuum leak. Two, use a smoke machine to see if smoke leaks out. Three, the old school way by spraying some carb cleaner at the fitting. While I’ve sprayed for vacuum leaks in the past, spraying in this location is close to exhaust. So that might not be a good idea.

GPI used a compression fitting on the back of these LT2 intakes. If you pushed it in good, it should have sealed. Did you by any chance cut that vacuum line because it was too long? Also did you pull on that line to make sure it did not want to release?

I recall a member here did a YT video on his install and that foam caused him issues.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_DQdZ9rfQ68

When I bought my manifold from GPI there was no mention of whether to use the foam or not. I believe it’s personal preference.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 08:08 AM   #5
Ruby13

Didn’t cut any lines just pushed it into the fitting. Maybe I’ll pop it off and remove the foam and see what happens.