Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions


BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2022, 11:45 AM   #1
Camaroking98
 
Drives: 2019 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 96
LMR Packages?

Hey guys, because I'm at altitude I'm thinking of getting some after market work done. I've seen Late Model Racecraft do really well with streetspeed's ZR1 build and am considering having them build my car.

Their website is still under maintenance it looks like.

Have any of you had them build your car and what type of packages do they offer?
Camaroking98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 11:52 AM   #2
FH212

 
FH212's Avatar
 
Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NM
Posts: 785
Try calling or emailing them. Calling is better.
__________________
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE - Red Hot
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
2021 Lexus IS350 F Sport
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 12:16 PM   #3
ST1LE


 
ST1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,242
You mean the one in Houston right? I ask because you are in Indiana and I want to be sure. If so, I did business with them with my 5th Gen Camaro. It has been years since then, but they were quite a mess honestly. I would not have let them do anything major on my car, they just installed headers for me in that instance.

They may have changed since then and improved, but based on my own experience I will be going a different direction with my next build.
__________________
SOLD - 2013 1LE - Pat G Spec'd Cam, NPP with 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats, Intake w/scoop, Ported Throttle Body, and Apex 1.25" Lowering Springs.
J-Rod Built and Matt@FSP Tuned
ST1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 01:16 PM   #4
Camaroking98
 
Drives: 2019 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
Try calling or emailing them. Calling is better.
Yes I emailed them before making this post. Just trying to gather all the information I can haha.
Camaroking98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 01:18 PM   #5
Camaroking98
 
Drives: 2019 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
You mean the one in Houston right? I ask because you are in Indiana and I want to be sure. If so, I did business with them with my 5th Gen Camaro. It has been years since then, but they were quite a mess honestly. I would not have let them do anything major on my car, they just installed headers for me in that instance.

They may have changed since then and improved, but based on my own experience I will be going a different direction with my next build.
When I made this account a couple years ago I was from indiana. Just moved to Colorado this past weekend.

Sorry your build did not go well. What was the process like that made it a mess?
Camaroking98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 04:38 PM   #6
ST1LE


 
ST1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 BMW M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroking98 View Post
When I made this account a couple years ago I was from indiana. Just moved to Colorado this past weekend.

Sorry your build did not go well. What was the process like that made it a mess?
Thanks for the kind words, but I didn't mean to say that much. I just went in for a header install, and that went fine.

The process was a bit of a mess is all. They were unorganized, unprepared and I had an appointment at a time that they seemed to not be very busy. Not confidence inducing.

It was not a bad experience in the scheme of things, but when I get major work done I look for clean organized shops, run by organized people that are prepared and ready for each build. I just didn't get that feeling from LMR, but again this was about 5 years ago when I had my '13 1LE. Things do change, and I hope LMR has or maybe even I caught them on a bad day.

J-Rod's Speed Shop would be my first choice in Houston, he did my cam build and was amazing. After that I think I would consider Vengeance in Louisiana due to proximity to Houston and their stellar reputation. Lots of good choices I think.
__________________
SOLD - 2013 1LE - Pat G Spec'd Cam, NPP with 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats, Intake w/scoop, Ported Throttle Body, and Apex 1.25" Lowering Springs.
J-Rod Built and Matt@FSP Tuned
ST1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 09:23 PM   #7
Camaroking98
 
Drives: 2019 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Thanks for the kind words, but I didn't mean to say that much. I just went in for a header install, and that went fine.

The process was a bit of a mess is all. They were unorganized, unprepared and I had an appointment at a time that they seemed to not be very busy. Not confidence inducing.

It was not a bad experience in the scheme of things, but when I get major work done I look for clean organized shops, run by organized people that are prepared and ready for each build. I just didn't get that feeling from LMR, but again this was about 5 years ago when I had my '13 1LE. Things do change, and I hope LMR has or maybe even I caught them on a bad day.

J-Rod's Speed Shop would be my first choice in Houston, he did my cam build and was amazing. After that I think I would consider Vengeance in Louisiana due to proximity to Houston and their stellar reputation. Lots of good choices I think.
Gotcha. Yeah a lot can change in 5 years. They're putting some good content out on youtube and the comments seem to be good with no one really complaining about broken builds.

I guess I just haven't heard of many other shops besides them and hennessy
Camaroking98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 06:28 AM   #8
ZLE dude
 
Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: May 2020
Location: KY
Posts: 189
There's quite a few good shops if you've been around for a while. In no particular order, and I've only used Ted Jannetty fyi...

Katech
RPM (Race Proven Motorsports)
JRE (Jannetty Racing Enterprises)
Vengeance Racing
LMR (Late Model Racecraft)
CSP (Complete Street Performance)
JDP Motorsports
__________________
2018 ZL1 1LE - Summit White, PDR, Rotofab CAI, 95mm TB, CSP 2" catless LT's, JMS Voltage Booster, AEM X-series WB, DSX flex fuel sensor, Banks Data Monster, Tuned by Ted Jannetty, 5% Tint, Blackvue DR900S-2CH, Diode Dynamics lighting, IGL Kenzo ceramic coating
ZLE dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 02:31 PM   #9
el_d3sconocido
 
Drives: 2018 ZLE
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: TX
Posts: 17
Went into LMR to schedule for a tune. They took all my info down but I never heard from anyone just like most tuners in Houston. Looking at Prospeed now since they are the only people around here that will actually communicate with me and were recommended by Late Model Engines.
el_d3sconocido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 03:04 AM   #10
Raisin Man
 
Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Florida
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLE dude View Post
There's quite a few good shops if you've been around for a while. In no particular order, and I've only used Ted Jannetty fyi...

Katech
RPM (Race Proven Motorsports)
JRE (Jannetty Racing Enterprises)
Vengeance Racing
LMR (Late Model Racecraft)
CSP (Complete Street Performance)
JDP Motorsports
A vote for Katech here. LS7 upgrades (including a cam, pistons, rods, larger dry sump, etc.) still going strong a decade later.
Raisin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 03:32 AM   #11
METHAT UGLO
 
Drives: CAMARO Z1
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: TURKEY
Posts: 24
Did they ever get back to you ?











Last edited by METHAT UGLO; 05-22-2022 at 12:07 PM.
METHAT UGLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 10:59 AM   #12
Camaroking98
 
Drives: 2019 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by METHAT UGLO View Post
Did they ever get back to you ?
Not yet. It's not necessarily urgent since I'd probably get the work done over winter. But I would've thought I'd get a generic email response by now.
Camaroking98 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Tags
late model racecraft, lmr, zl1

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.