Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 11-16-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
BMTGIE

Drives: 2014 RRM SS/ 2011 Black LS
Finally found the perfect holster and location....

Months of owning this car I couldnt find the perfect location. Hated putting it in the glove box and in the door, was thinking of getting a custom holster built. Until I recently just found the factory holster that comes with the car, it fits snug and readily available and legal becaused its concealed!!!

Old 11-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
You're ready
Old 11-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
PT145SS

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2008 MB E50, 2004 RAM
I'm not sure I would consider that concealed. I think that it would be visible by ordinary means just looking in the window. Get a CHL so you don't have to leave it in the car at all.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
PT145SS

Nope...just a well prepared, self reliant, concerned citizen who takes responsibility for my own personal safety.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
destroyerofu2
xbox360 tag

Drives: 2010 inferno orange 2SS
i like mine cause its right next to the seatbelt release. and its one of those, you can have my car just let me take off my seat belt, places.
Attached Images

It's mine, like it or not. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108079
Old 11-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
BMTGIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyerofu2 View Post
i like mine cause its right next to the seatbelt release. and its one of those, you can have my car just let me take off my seat belt, places.

Is that a new model I see you have a button on the back of the handle.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
V8PWRD

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMTGIE View Post
Months of owning this car I couldnt find the perfect location. Hated putting it in the glove box and in the door, was thinking of getting a custom holster built. Until I recently just found the factory holster that comes with the car, it fits snug and readily available and legal becaused its concealed!!!

Sweet. i have a concealed carry, but when I go to the gym at 0 dark 30 i encounter alot of unsavory people out at that time, its dark so i just lay my gun on the passenger seat, but i like this idea much better.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:28 PM   #8
BMTGIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
Both of those place will get you arrested for illegal concealed carry unless you have a permit. Georgia and most states read "most be in locked, snapped or zipped storage and not be readily accessible". Hate to see you guys get pulled over for speeding and wind up going to jail. Put them in holsters with a snap or get them in the glove box if you don't have a cc permit.
I suggest you read the rules again.

" 56. Can I carry a handgun in my personal vehicle without a permit?

Yes. Section 46.02, Texas Penal Code was amended to allow a person to carry a handgun in a motor vehicle that is owned by the person or under his/her control. The weapon must not be in plain view, and the person must not be engaged in criminal activity other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic. Finally, a person carrying a handgun in his/her car must not be prohibited by law from possessing a firearm and the person cannot be a member of a criminal street gang as defined in Section 71.01."

"48. What does concealed mean? Can I carry my handgun in plain view?

No. The weapon can't be visible, and its presence can't be discern¬ible through ordinary observation."

"Can I carry a handgun without a license while driving or traveling in a motor vehicle?

Effective September 1, 2007, a person who can legally possess a firearm may possess or carry a handgun in a motor vehicle (including a recreational vehicle with living quarters) that is owned by or under the lawful control of the person. However, the firearm must be concealed, the person may not be engaged in criminal activity, and may not be a member of a “criminal street gang.” The person may also carry the handgun to and from his vehicle without a license. See Texas Penal Code § 46.02 (a). However, DPS recommends that you seek the advice of an attorney with any questions regarding the unlicensed carrying of weapons."

Last edited by BMTGIE; 11-16-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #9
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
nice! i like it
Old 11-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #10
austin
Team LFX - 45TH RS

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT145SS View Post
Nope...just a well prepared, self reliant, concerned citizen who takes responsibility for my own personal safety.

I'm with you. PA just passed a law that allows you to legally defend yourself with deadly force outside your home (anywhere you legally have a right to be) and no longer gives the upper hand to the criminal element. You have the legal right to stand your ground. Seems to be less crime.

That being said, if someone were to try to take my Camaro, I would prolly hit them so hard that the back of their head would touch their ass. Just sayin'.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #11
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Quote:
I suggest you read the rules again.

" 56. Can I carry a handgun in my personal vehicle without a permit?

Yes. Section 46.02, Texas Penal Code was amended to allow a person to carry a handgun in a motor vehicle that is owned by the person or under his/her control. The weapon must not be in plain view, and the person must not be engaged in criminal activity other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic. Finally, a person carrying a handgun in his/her car must not be prohibited by law from possessing a firearm and the person cannot be a member of a criminal street gang as defined in Section 71.01."

"48. What does concealed mean? Can I carry my handgun in plain view?

No. The weapon can't be visible, and its presence can't be discern¬ible through ordinary observation."

"Can I carry a handgun without a license while driving or traveling in a motor vehicle?

Effective September 1, 2007, a person who can legally possess a firearm may possess or carry a handgun in a motor vehicle (including a recreational vehicle with living quarters) that is owned by or under the lawful control of the person. However, the firearm must be concealed, the person may not be engaged in criminal activity, and may not be a member of a “criminal street gang.” The person may also carry the handgun to and from his vehicle without a license. See Texas Penal Code § 46.02 (a). However, DPS recommends that you seek the advice of an attorney with any questions regarding the unlicensed carrying of weapons."

Even though I like the spot you picked, I would honestly say you are dancing on the Line of CONCEAL. Even though YOU cant see it when your sitting in the seat, I would most likely imagine a LEO or ANYONE could in the daylight hours.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #12
kcobean
Zippy Lemon #109

Drives: 2010 SLP ZL575 #109
Quote:
It's concealed my legs cover it, can't see it what so ever when I'm sitting. I only put it there when I'm mobile. (it wouldn't be there if I'm in the store and etc.)

I been planning on getting my CHL for 2 years now lol been always busy never could give up an entire saturday.
So...let me make sure I understand this....you stow your gun in your car in the manner depicted because your legs provide complete concealment, yet you haven't gone and gotten your concealed weapon permit? So you're breaking the law and posting about it on the internet?

Ok.

ETA: Ok, didn't realize the rules in your state REQUIRE concealment of a pistol in a vehicle, even without a permit. Very strange.
2010 SLP ZL575 #109
Old 11-16-2011, 03:32 PM   #13
PT145SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcobean View Post
So...let me make sure I understand this....you stow your gun in your car in the manner depicted because your legs provide complete concealment, yet you haven't gone and gotten your concealed weapon permit? So you're breaking the law and posting about it on the internet?

Ok.

ETA: Ok, didn't realize the rules in your state REQUIRE concealment of a pistol in a vehicle, even without a permit. Very strange.
Don't need a Concealed carry permit in Texas to carry concealed in a vehicle you own or are in charge of. In Texas, your vehicle is an extension of your home.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:24 PM   #14
DJ UNKNOWN

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
My rocket launcher wont fit in there
Exactly! Now if the OP could just help me find a place for my AR15 then he'd be on to something otherwise it'll just have to stay in the trunk
Attached Images

Closed Thread