Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

AWE Tuning

Old 03-09-2022, 01:49 AM   #715
lcd550

Drives: '17 2LT/RS 2.0T M6 50th Anniv Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
How did you circumvent the sensors that won't let the top retract if the divider isn't place? I'm assuming it's some sort of proximity sensor that detects the presence of the clip on the tab. If it's just proximity that could be solved by hacking up a divider and just putting the clips on the tabs. What I don't know is if there's some sort of continuity circuit that connect the upper clips with the lower, making all 4 needing to be in place, with a circuit connecting them.

I'm going to get some non RFs at some point and plan to take some longer trips in areas that could take roadside service a hours-long wait. That's not too appealing!
Check out this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...hlight=divider
lcd550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 03:23 PM   #716
Drew145022

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
How did you circumvent the sensors that won't let the top retract if the divider isn't place? I'm assuming it's some sort of proximity sensor that detects the presence of the clip on the tab. If it's just proximity that could be solved by hacking up a divider and just putting the clips on the tabs. What I don't know is if there's some sort of continuity circuit that connect the upper clips with the lower, making all 4 needing to be in place, with a circuit connecting them.

I'm going to get some non RFs at some point and plan to take some longer trips in areas that could take roadside service a hours-long wait. That's not too appealing!
Just use a small neodymium magnet. I took the sensor off and put a magnet behind it also. This made the front magnet stay better.
Drew145022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 05:39 AM   #717
Red 2022

Drives: 2022 3LT Convertible
New member from SE Michigan

After “aging out” of my Kappas due to back problems, I found that I still needed a red convertible. Picked it up 12 days ago. So far, so good!

Will post pics once I get them right side up..
Attached Images

Last edited by Red 2022; 05-24-2022 at 09:08 AM.
Red 2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 07:01 PM   #718
Arizona_Droptop

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Finally got a chance to try chemical guys SiO2 coating. Looks good

I guess I need text here
Attached Images

Arizona_Droptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 08:17 PM   #719
Adie

Drives: Comaro 3LT Convertable
This is Ruby the SS

This is Ruby the SS
Attached Images

Adie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 10:40 AM   #720
Vamonos

Drives: 2018 Suburban 2008 Subaru 2017 Cam
17 LT/RS 6spd
Attached Images

Vamonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 07:07 PM   #721
GXP08jrf

Drives: 2016 1LT 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 2022 View Post
After “aging out” of my Kappas due to back problems, I found that I still needed a red convertible. Picked it up 12 days ago. So far, so good!

I intended to comment back when you posted... Before we got married the wife had a Sky and I had a Sol, Both with LNF and Manual trans. Along came a kid and both vehicles sat. Any practicality was completely gone, so both were divested. Eventually we were longing for the open-air feel again and got the Camaro. So I can understand your situation somewhat.

I'm drooling over that Sol coupe though. Makes no difference if it was a loaded GXP or a base LE5/auto: desirable regardless...
GXP08jrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 06:41 AM   #722
Red 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXP08jrf View Post
I intended to comment back when you posted... Before we got married the wife had a Sky and I had a Sol, Both with LNF and Manual trans. Along came a kid and both vehicles sat. Any practicality was completely gone, so both were divested. Eventually we were longing for the open-air feel again and got the Camaro. So I can understand your situation somewhat.

I'm drooling over that Sol coupe though. Makes no difference if it was a loaded GXP or a base LE5/auto: desirable regardless...
The coupe was a fun car. Held its value well, too. It is a loaded gxp, automatic.I installed a head unit with backup camera (badly needed), front and rear stabilizer braces, factory hp upgrade, etc. The only downside is the top. The hard top is not storable in the car and the soft top is difficult to assemble. The Camaro is a much more refined ride and I still marvel at the way the top works!
Old 06-20-2022, 08:14 AM   #723
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 2022 View Post

When GM was winding down Pontiac I went to the Buick-GMC-Pontiac dealer on telegraph road. They had an identical GXP to yours on the floor. GM was tossing ridiculous money on the hood of Pontiacs. With all the money on the hood plus my GM discount I could have driven out of the showroom with that GXP for around $16k. I did something incredibly stupid. I asked permission instead of begging forgiveness. Let it get away.

I learned from that mistake. Both of the cars in this picture were “guess what I did today” conversations.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 02:19 PM   #724
Red 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
When GM was winding down Pontiac I went to the Buick-GMC-Pontiac dealer on telegraph road. They had an identical GXP to yours on the floor. GM was tossing ridiculous money on the hood of Pontiacs. With all the money on the hood plus my GM discount I could have driven out of the showroom with that GXP for around $16k. I did something incredibly stupid. I asked permission instead of begging forgiveness. Let it get away.

I learned from that mistake. Both of the cars in this picture were “guess what I did today” conversations.
Nice looking cars! GXP coupes with low miles are getting mid to high $20k and up. If only…
Old 09-14-2022, 07:44 PM   #725
LittleKB

Drives: Chevy camaro
Super pleased

Gave up the motorcycle's for this, and am not disappointed.
Attached Images

LittleKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 08:08 PM   #726
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKB View Post
Gave up the motorcycle's for this, and am not disappointed.
Welp, they came out with the Mustang reveal today …and, there’s no way it looks better than your Camaro. Congrats!
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 11:27 PM   #727
fcorneli

Drives: 21 Sierra 3.0
New 2022 LT1 Convertible

Previously owned a 2016 and 2018 Camaro SS convertibles and sold them off a year after buying each one (my M.O.).
Yesterday, drove from WI to St Louis to get this new 2022 LT1 6 speed convertible and noticed five things;
1. There is no sound tube, sweet.
2. There are no "V" shaped brushed aluminum lower grill enhancements like the RS package (is this normal)?
3. There seems to be no skip shift mechanism to force a 1st to a higher gear. I can go from 1st to 2nd at either high or low RPM shifts.
4. The dealer advertised a $1,600 discount (3.2%)..maybe things are loosening up.
5. I canceled my 2023 pre-order (I was first in line for allocation) as I kept getting passed over.
Attached Images

fcorneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 08:52 AM   #728
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
On question #2, yes that’s correct. The aluminum bits are only installed on the RS. My guess is they’re double side taped on. It “may” be possible to buy those pieces individually, but not sure.

Nice looking car, Congrats!
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote