Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-05-2022, 02:37 AM   #1
TheDocKlopek

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
ZL1 1LE Spoiler

I was hoping to get some help on this. I was looking to put on the ZL1 1LE spoiler in all carbon fiber, including the uprights also carbon fiber on but keep seeing these are not compatible with convertibles?

I keep seeing this as one of the best but they do not seem to have the carbon fiber uprights.
https://c7carbon.com/camaro-6-c-190/...ber-p-671.html

This one is all carbon fiber but then says not compatible with the convertible.
https://autoaddictusa.com/products/2...c-rear-spolier

It's not available on this website anymore.
https://extremeonlinestore.com/produ...31406150418499

I just got my car last week and this is one of the upgrades I wanted to knock out first. I did not think it would be this much of a struggle to find a spoiler. If I have to wait I will, just hoping there's still some good places left to get them from?

Thanks!
Old 03-05-2022, 11:25 AM   #2
Drew145022

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Vert
The reason I believe is because the radio “module” or something is inside the stock spoiler. If removed then the radio/sirus fm won’t work. I have a friend that did it anyways and just uses Bluetooth/carplay/android auto and it works fine on his 2018. Idk if anything else changed one the 2019 forwards refresh tho.

Hope this helps.
Drew145022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 03:04 PM   #3
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew145022 View Post
The reason I believe is because the radio “module” or something is inside the stock spoiler. If removed then the radio/sirus fm won’t work. I have a friend that did it anyways and just uses Bluetooth/carplay/android auto and it works fine on his 2018. Idk if anything else changed one the 2019 forwards refresh tho.

Hope this helps.
The AM/FM radio antenna is in the pedestal spoiler on convertibles. Some have relocated the antenna to the trunk with success when swapping out spoilers.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:29 PM   #4
TheDocKlopek

Thanks all for that information. I had no idea that the antenna is in the pedestal. I will look into how difficult it is to relocate because I do use SirrusXM and not looking to stream it through my phone if I can avoid it.

I went through a bunch of pages for the convertibles thread and noticed that pretty much nobody changes the spoiler on the verts? Is that because of the antenna or does anyone know if the ZL1 1LE spoiler would be hit while the top is going up/down?
Old 03-11-2022, 02:55 PM   #5
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDocKlopek View Post
Thanks all for that information. I had no idea that the antenna is in the pedestal. I will look into how difficult it is to relocate because I do use SirrusXM and not looking to stream it through my phone if I can avoid it.
Again, it is the AM/FM antenna that is located in the spoiler. The Sirius XM antenna is in the shark fin on the trunk lid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDocKlopek View Post
I went through a bunch of pages for the convertibles thread and noticed that pretty much nobody changes the spoiler on the verts? Is that because of the antenna or does anyone know if the ZL1 1LE spoiler would be hit while the top is going up/down?
I didn't read through the entire thread, but at least one forum member has added a ZL1 1LE spoiler to their vert. Don't know if it's an OEM or an aftermarket spoiler.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 08:40 PM   #6
TheDocKlopek

Sorry I must have misread, if it is just the AM/FM who cares. Cut that thing for all I care. Thanks that definitely is swaying things in my head to go forward with getting one. That picture also helped.
Old 05-09-2022, 05:56 PM   #7
pierrotss

Drives: Chevy Camaro SS 2019 convertible
I just added the zl1 rear spoiler on my ss convertible, no big deal, I chose the ACSComposite one. It made to include the "mirror" camera in the central foot, I did taped the fm antennas inside the trunk lid. The only issue is that the side foots are not as wide as the oem and the holes that the fm antennas wires were going through are uncovered. I solved that with a 3dprinter piece that I designed. I love it
pierrotss is offline   Reply With Quote