Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-21-2020, 09:17 AM   #57
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Put down the CNN. It’s going to be alright.
We are being lied to. It will not be alright
Old 03-21-2020, 09:26 AM   #58
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
This situation should improve dramatically in the next few weeks. The social distancing and self-quarantining of anyone with symptoms should slow the spread and buy us some time.
In the US everyone is used to the idea that he can go to his doctor with a runny nose and leave with a script for antibiotics and blood work. There are guidelines for patients with respiratory symptoms that determine the real need for covid-19 testing. The idea that, this time, guidelines will be STRICTLY followed is something of a cultural shift affecting both health care workers and patients.
I am the director of a hospital laboratory. In the next two weeks testing will become more common (though probably still "rationed") and the media will hit us with a barrage of numbers playing up the doomsday scenarios. This is what they do. Sit tight and follow the practical guidelines from the CDC, not nonsense on social media.
And I am adding this: Pay no attention to what our national political leaders are saying. So Many lies.

Good advice, but....
NY is running out of hospital bed already. And the testing nationally is hopeless. We have no idea at all nationally how many have it.
Someone in my family required testing with symptoms. That person has to wait 3 or 4 weeks for results.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:31 AM   #59
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Yes, many more will become ill and many more will die. But I very much doubt we are worse off than Italy. Where is any data that would suggest that? There is none other than people worrying and speculating. 3rd world country???? Where on earth have you come to that conclusion? No 3rd world country could even talk about a ONE TRILLION DOLLAR stimulus package, hence the topic of this post. In a 3rd world country there would be NO ONE asking if they were going to take their stimulus check and BUY CAMARO PARTS. Seriously, this thread is an example of how well off we are as a country.

Sorry but you are more than a downer, you have been beaten.

Again, Social Distancing won't cure this, it just helps. We are just getting some positive news on potential treatments. There is no vaccine yet. With a vaccine (took 6 months to develop) the Swine Flu Pandemic lasted for well over a year (2009/10). So this likely doesn't go away any time soon. But getting beaten down by the negative media that craves your clicks wont' help.

Cheer up! Spend time with your family. And wash your hands. And be grateful if your restaurants and bars aren't closed and you are forced into Shelter at Home, which we now have in Illinois.
Stop being calm and rational. You're being too reasonable.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:56 AM   #60
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Yes, many more will become ill and many more will die. But I very much doubt we are worse off than Italy. Where is any data that would suggest that? There is none other than people worrying and speculating. 3rd world country???? Where on earth have you come to that conclusion? No 3rd world country could even talk about a ONE TRILLION DOLLAR stimulus package, hence the topic of this post. In a 3rd world country there would be NO ONE asking if they were going to take their stimulus check and BUY CAMARO PARTS. Seriously, this thread is an example of how well off we are as a country.
People are so spoiled its like they wanted a crisis just to break up the monotony of a laughably easy economy.

US average mortality rate in 2019: .87% -- 8.7 per 1,000 people
US coronavirus mortality rate: 1.32% as of today

Italy average mortality rate in 2019: 1.06%

While the media uses Italy to stoke virus hysteria, they're not mentioning that Italy was already in the top ten for global death rate before all this.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:17 AM   #61
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
People are so spoiled its like they wanted a crisis just to break up the monotony of a laughably easy economy.

US average mortality rate in 2019: .87% -- 8.7 per 1,000 people
US coronavirus mortality rate: 1.32% as of today

Italy average mortality rate in 2019: 1.06%

While the media uses Italy to stoke virus hysteria, they're not mentioning that Italy was already in the top ten for global death rate before all this.
We all need to take this seriously and do our part with distancing and protecting our elderly parents. Tuning out the media generated distrust and and hysteria has worked well for me the past three years.

For perspective on the health impact of Coronavirus. Consider the annual impact of the common flu.
Quote:
CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html
The economic impact will affect people and businesses more than the virus. These stimulus checks are meant to easy that impact.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 03-21-2020 at 12:15 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:34 AM   #62
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
The News Media has played a big part in creating this panic and hysteria that’s going on now in the world and our country. Sure I’m very concerned about the situation now and the virus that is consuming the world but we have to remain calm and vigilant in our efforts to get it under control and possibly erradicated to benefit the whole world populations.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:18 PM   #63
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
And I am adding this: Pay no attention to what our national political leaders are saying. So Many lies.

Good advice, but....
NY is running out of hospital bed already. And the testing nationally is hopeless. We have no idea at all nationally how many have it.
Someone in my family required testing with symptoms. That person has to wait 3 or 4 weeks for results.
Seriously you should call your state health department. It shouldn’t take 3-4 weeks. According to trumps press conference today they a lot more labs for preforming tests results not just the cdc. They mentioned quest and another one forgot the name . But there’s alot more locally across the nation.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:25 PM   #64
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets12 View Post
Seriously you should call your state health department. It shouldn’t take 3-4 weeks. According to trumps press conference today they a lot more labs for preforming tests results not just the cdc. They mentioned quest and another one forgot the name . But there’s alot more locally across the nation.
Trump is a pathological liar, pretty much nothing he says is accurate...........
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:42 PM   #65
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
We are being lied to. It will not be alright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsreo View Post
Trump is a pathological liar, pretty much nothing he says is accurate...........
Don’t worry. Your condition has been identified
Trump derangement syndrome (TDS)
...and there is a cure.
Name:  551678BE-81DA-404E-B97A-287C8515AFDA.jpeg
Views: 578
Size:  43.9 KB

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:46 PM   #66
Neil350

Drives: Nike Air Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Yeah Neil350, it’s not free money like some people think!

Its like the bail outs, what people don't understand or want to is that a bail out in essence is the federal government playing private equity but with a regulatory agenda. They want their money back with interest and like a P.E firm, it comes with rules.
12 F150 5.0 Lariat Super Crew - Stock daily
Neil350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:05 PM   #67
Jbanta1983

Drives: 2019 2ss 1LE
AKA 1LE FOR MILLENIALS/PUSSIES
Jbanta1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:22 PM   #68
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets12 View Post
Below are some quotes from Trump on the Pandemic That are just not true except the last one. If you want I can find video of almost all of these. So now you want to start beleiving him?

"We have it totally under control." January 2020

"We pretty much shut it down coming from China. It's gonna be fine" January 2020

"It will all work out well." January 2020

“Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away,” February 2020

“It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.”

“I think the numbers are going to get progressively better as we go along.” February 2020

“It’s very mild," Mrch 2020

"The coronavirus is very much under control in the USA." early March 2020

"CDC and my administration doing a great job at handing coronavirus." early March 2020

First batch of CDC tests shownto be faulty.March 2020 (there was no first batch)

"We're going substantially down, not up!" March 2020 (really?)

"It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away. (It will go away?)

“There is no testing kit shortage, nor has there ever been. Anybody that wants a test can get a test.” Trump, while touring the C.D.C. on March 2020 (Go try to get a test)

“I’m not concerned at all.” March 2020 (He does not give a s**t about you or me.)
Old 03-21-2020, 11:34 PM   #69
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Every politician lies! I don’t care who it is they all tell lies at one time or another! The news media tells lies too!
Old 03-22-2020, 07:27 AM   #70
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Below are some quotes from Trump on the Pandemic That are just not true except the last one. If you want I can find video of almost all of these. So now you want to start beleiving him?

"We have it totally under control." January 2020

"We pretty much shut it down coming from China. It's gonna be fine" January 2020

"It will all work out well." January 2020

“Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away,” February 2020

“It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.”

“I think the numbers are going to get progressively better as we go along.” February 2020

“It’s very mild," Mrch 2020

"The coronavirus is very much under control in the USA." early March 2020

"CDC and my administration doing a great job at handing coronavirus." early March 2020

First batch of CDC tests shownto be faulty.March 2020 (there was no first batch)

"We're going substantially down, not up!" March 2020 (really?)

"It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away. (It will go away?)

“There is no testing kit shortage, nor has there ever been. Anybody that wants a test can get a test.” Trump, while touring the C.D.C. on March 2020 (Go try to get a test)

“I’m not concerned at all.” March 2020 (He does not give a s**t about you or me.)
Just to counter this, you do know some of these are could be accurate, you and I can't know. Do you know if the CDC is going a great job or not? I sure don't but I don't assume it's not true because the President said it.

And some of them may have been accurate at the time he said them. In January when he said, "it's under control", he might very well have believed that. Very easy to pull quotes based on old information. First known case in the US was January 20.

If you simply assume he exaggerates everything (sometimes wildly) you'll be much better for it. But if you assume everything is a lie, then you'll do nothing but try to find just enough inaccuracies to make them lies.

That being said, the cases will continue to rise and unfortunately so will the deaths.

It's just not clear how both sides want to make this political or about the President. It's simply not. It's a virus.

And for perspective, the 2009/2010 Pandemic, 12,000 Americans died and 60 MILLION were infected.

And here is an interesting article (still....from the internet) that compares the two and counters a few of your points.

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19...swine-flu.html

To your point, here is an Op/Ed piece by Mitch Album, generally fairly insightful, that makes your case.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...an/2892048001/

Now about those Camaro parts...................

Last edited by Number 3; 03-22-2020 at 07:47 AM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote