Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-05-2019, 08:26 AM   #15
Coach Mike

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible, 1978 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwiiavfan View Post
I think this is the air conditioning bleeding pressure. Mine does it too.
Went to the dealer and he said he was not familiar with this after listening to my phone clip of it. Wants to monitor further on Monday, but he thinks it may be related to the AC bleeding pressure too. If it's always been there, I'm still surprised I didn't notice it sooner and that there's not more info on the subject, cuz it sure is annoying ... more now than before I noticed it

We'll know a little more next week I suppose.
Coach Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:57 AM   #16
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
I do not think it is the A/C bleeding pressure. It goes on for too long. The A/C only takes a few minutes for the pressure to equalize between the high and low sides. And as the pressures get closer to being equal, the frequency of any whistling noise would change.

I was reading in the service manual yesterday, and I am starting to think the sound may be electrical and related to the vehicle sleep state. Anything with a small coil might make a faint whine. Since the car runs on DC, a coil is only likely to make noise if the voltage is PWM'd. Anyway, one of the systems that definitely activates in sleep mode is the vent switch (solenoid) for the charcoal canister, which is part of the EVAP system.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:32 AM   #17
Coach Mike

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible, 1978 Formula
So here's the official response from the dealer:

"After diagnosis and evaluating noise concern - contacted Tech Assistance and sent them video of noise concern. Could feel some vibration on top of fan shroud when vehicle is turned off and A/C has been running. Advise to customer that noise is A/C pressure equalizing and no repairs should be performed as it is a normal characteristic of A/C system."

Appreciate the input and responses here Guys!
Coach Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:32 AM   #18
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Thats the sound of the HID ballasts When the HIDs are on. My challenger does that too. Once you turn off the car, the headlights stay on for a few seconds and you can head the ballasts. Then when the headlights turn off, it stops.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:12 PM   #19
RetRat

Drives: 2019 2SS Camaro
Maybe get a stethoscope with only a rod on the end. I use one for diagnosing electric pump motors for pin pointing bearing noise or other harmonic issues. This should at least get you close to the noise source.
RetRat is offline   Reply With Quote