Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 06-19-2020, 12:13 PM   #1
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
RANDY POBOST INSTALLS PEDAL COMMANDER

i was actually one of the test cars for these and still have one installed in my car interesting video!

Old 06-21-2020, 03:54 PM   #2
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
12:30.... maf only uses metered air. imho there isnt that type of competition plumbing on the stock intake/recirc to cycle that much the air at high/comp revs, so it feeds it into the engine to get the boost down before the pressure sends the TP into the intake. aka ecu throttle commanded to gulp that waste that sudden air surge. Some one $hould build an aux recirc system, but who besides Randy would buy one. Its a minor thing.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:27 AM   #3
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
What he's after is engine tuning and flywheel/clutch related.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:11 AM   #4
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
That's a great idea; a sponge and mop head strapped between his legs to clean the steering wheel while he turns. Mine gets dusty after a few months.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 01:21 PM   #5
wookwook

I can also say if you work the turbo preassure ratio tables you will get a very ight feeling flywheel. It's very subtle but on cruising along, with that table over worked you can feel the engine responding in these micro coreections it's like the sensation that the flwheel is too light. Of you can get that idea. Its the other side of the coin of over improving the TP response table. Too sensitive. Added to plate accerator you can back that off to a good balance. But it doesn't solve the surge protection strategy which you know is much more noticeable under high load i.e. driving aggressivily. Typos. I know. On my phone. There are systems that will do a dump into the exhaust. We don't have options there yet like Evo and wrx. Header builds.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
Old 06-22-2020, 01:24 PM   #6
wookwook

I wonder what this idle pressure setting would be about. Hmmm

NFG M6 2T

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
Old 06-22-2020, 03:51 PM   #7
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Throttle Controller is a throttle controller doesn't matter who makes it it's the same thing. Doesn't give you more power or even better access to your power just makes the car feel quicker because it snaps the throttle blade open instead of the gradual opening unless you floor it.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:15 AM   #8
wookwook

I think he was hoping it would also snap the TP shut. So Fly by Wire apparently isn't just a motor powered version of a cable. The TP is another component the engine uses to manage all the inputs just like injectors or spark. Who woulda thunk. Its all computer driven. ppl get hung up on these things seeing TP closing in the logs, but its all part of engine control. If the ecu calculated a better result by shutting some air, so be it. Or holding it open for that matter. Some of the stuff I track on here is like ancient history man. Like SD tuning for MAF fueling. The only way to understand this engine is to forget everything you thought you knew. Of course if there is an actual better solution, then that is a different matter.

NFG M6 2T

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
Old 06-25-2020, 08:27 AM   #9
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
Engineering Explained just had a video about throttle hang. Makes me wonder if it can be tuned out through HP Tuners.

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 12:39 PM   #10
wookwook

Awesome video FJ thanks for finding that. Really explains a lot, once you get through the "why you should get a throttle controller", lecture he goes into emissions, which with DI, I found myself starting to kind of discount it just because the TP hang seems sooo much more than needed to burn cylinder fuel, but I could be wrong on different levels. I still think there is an element of boost bleed down, and I was planning on looking at some logs I did a while back to figure out some more things to think about. I also ordered a GoFastBits diverter (aka jacfab) to experiment with. There are 2 tables that seem to be all we have to mess with right now.

Name:  tbpsi.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  110.7 KB

NFG M6 2T

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
Old 07-08-2020, 10:42 AM   #11
jimrhodes

Drives: chevrolet camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
Engineering Explained just had a video about throttle hang. Makes me wonder if it can be tuned out through HP Tuners.

https://prohighgrades.com/professional-essay-writers
Great video indeed! Now everything is clear for me.

Last edited by jimrhodes; 07-13-2020 at 05:10 AM.
jimrhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 05:43 AM   #12
andyadams223

Drives: BMW 320d M Sport Coupe
Yes, the video really helped. Strange that I hadn't thought of this before! Thanks for the help! by the way, I found a great solution to the problem of writing cv - you need to refer to resumes planet reviews here www.topcvwritersuk.com/resumesplanet-review - real writers work here - it saves time

Last edited by andyadams223; 02-25-2022 at 12:25 AM.
andyadams223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 09:11 PM   #13
TourX

Drives: 2018 Buick Regal TourX
Has anyone figured out the rev hang issue? I own Randy’s car now.
TourX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 11:21 AM   #14
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by TourX View Post
Has anyone figured out the rev hang issue? I own Randy’s car now.
Nothing fixes it. A lighter flywheel helps a little bit.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote