Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 06-20-2022, 08:52 AM   #1653
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
As I said in a prior thread, Congratulations and welcome to the 1LE club. I originally ordered my car in early December of 2021 too, but cancelled the order after 3 months with no allocation after I found virtually the same car in transit to another dealer. Purchased my car on February 19, 2022.

I definitely recommend rock guards or PPF. I have ACS rock guards and side skirts on my car. Both definitely help with paint protection. Some people prefer the ZL1 Addons rock guards or the OEM splash guards. But regardless with the wide and sticky tires on the 1LE you need something to protect the paint on the rockers. I also added PPF on the front of the car, which I also recommend.

Name:  20220220_175748.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  331.3 KB

Name:  20220220_175526.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  341.6 KB
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 11:23 AM   #1654
SwynFlu

Drives: 22 2SS 1LE Shadow Grey
22 2SS 1LE
Attached Images

SwynFlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 12:25 PM   #1655
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
New Satin Steel Metallic 1LE 6-speed owner here. Ordered December 11 2021, car arrived at dealer on June 6, 2022, I took delivery on June 17, 2022.

I was told the car would be cancelled back in April and I would have to re-order in 2023, then somehow it was built in April 2022 and then took two months to ship. I had a Mustang GT base on order as well in eruption green incase the Camaro order was not fulfilled, however I am glad I took delivery.

Any tips for a new 1LE owner? ZL1addons rockguards? Should I PPF the front bumper? Break in procedures to follow?

Photos of actual car:

Thanks
Congrats on the beautiful ride! Read the manual regarding break in period. It is VITAL to follow it for properly break in of the E-LSD and then change its fluid right afterwords. And engine oil as well. As far as protection, side skirts are the most crucial!
That's what I have on my 2020 and nothing else. No need for anything else imo. I have ACS skirts with reinforcement at their rear to prevent rocks from punching them out as they are hollow. I had rock guards and vinyl on my previous one and still had much debree hit the rear qtr panels (without side skirts). With the skirts I have zero and that's with travel in gravel road. So save your $. Albeit if ya want extras go with rock guards. But vinyl is a waste of $ imo and can look like hell if not perfectly installed (which is difficult due to angles on the body). Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 08:29 AM   #1656
paradigm

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
As I said in a prior thread, Congratulations and welcome to the 1LE club. I originally ordered my car in early December of 2021 too, but cancelled the order after 3 months with no allocation after I found virtually the same car in transit to another dealer. Purchased my car on February 19, 2022.

I definitely recommend rock guards or PPF. I have ACS rock guards and side skirts on my car. Both definitely help with paint protection. Some people prefer the ZL1 Addons rock guards or the OEM splash guards. But regardless with the wide and sticky tires on the 1LE you need something to protect the paint on the rockers. I also added PPF on the front of the car, which I also recommend.
Thanks. Those side skirts look fantastic. Did you buy them directly from ACS? Any preference here on ACS vs ZL1Addons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Congrats on the beautiful ride! Read the manual regarding break in period. It is VITAL to follow it for properly break in of the E-LSD and then change its fluid right afterwords. And engine oil as well. As far as protection, side skirts are the most crucial!
That's what I have on my 2020 and nothing else. No need for anything else imo. I have ACS skirts with reinforcement at their rear to prevent rocks from punching them out as they are hollow. I had rock guards and vinyl on my previous one and still had much debree hit the rear qtr panels (without side skirts). With the skirts I have zero and that's with travel in gravel road. So save your $. Albeit if ya want extras go with rock guards. But vinyl is a waste of $ imo and can look like hell if not perfectly installed (which is difficult due to angles on the body). Cheers!
I will definitely get the side skirts. Any preference on ACS vs ZL1addons vs other brands? Did you purchase direct from ACS?

What kind of treadlife are you guys getting from the factory goodyears? I am not intending on tracking the car, so I am thinking of taking off the factory goodyears and selling them, replacing them with Contintental DWS06 all seasons (for treadlife and regular spring/summer/fall use).
Old 06-21-2022, 09:01 AM   #1657
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Thanks. Those side skirts look fantastic. Did you buy them directly from ACS? Any preference here on ACS vs ZL1Addons?
Thanks. I like them. Yes, I purchased my rock guards and side skirts directly from ACS. As I said earlier in this thread I prefer the ACS rock guards over the ZL1s. The ACS rock guards are molded, the ZL1s are not. The ACS rock guards are more expensive, but to me worth the extra cost. I actually installed my rock guards at the dealership before making the 225 mile drive home.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 09:12 AM   #1658
TrackClub

Quote:

I will definitely get the side skirts. Any preference on ACS vs ZL1addons vs other brands? Did you purchase direct from ACS?

What kind of treadlife are you guys getting from the factory goodyears? I am not intending on tracking the car, so I am thinking of taking off the factory goodyears and selling them, replacing them with Contintental DWS06 all seasons (for treadlife and regular spring/summer/fall use).
Direct from ACS: they flare nicely at the rear and do an excellent job protecting rear quarter panels. That's where the biggest issue is debree wise. BUT, since they are hollow, they need a minor mod to ensure that any crap that hits their underside does not punch a hole at their ends. A simple metal piece on the inside does the job. I will post some pix of what others have done and what my mechanic has done. If you want extra protection, ZL1 addons rock guards are good. I had them on my previous 1LE. If ya want to spend $ on even more protection then put vinyl on rear quarters. But, again, I didnt and have no issues incl tracking the car.

Stock tires are really r comp track tires. Read: pretty soft and designed for track performance. They last about 6 or 7 track days and that's it. Regular driving: probably 20k or so? Others may have better feedback here. Contis are very good street tires and can also be tracked if a need arises. Not super fast tire, but decent. As a street only tire they are fantastic imo and that's what I had on my C5Z as a street only tire.
Hope it helps. Cheers!
Old 06-21-2022, 09:19 AM   #1659
TrackClub

This mod is from another member here. I will post mine later today. This is on the rear end of the skirt.
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2022, 11:54 AM   #1660
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Or just get GM Gen II shirts and avoid the need to modify, and they use far better attachment, the entire rocker would come off with the damn thing. Tape, rivets, adhesive, I can move the car up and down with the skirt.

Under "skin" gets attached with MANY rivets. Then outer skin attaches with MORE rivets and 3M adhesive. The two skins are essentially welded together at that point by the adhesive.

Not open or hollow underneath, perfect match for the satin, and just better quality IMO. I've seen the others on cars, GM seem much sturdier and certainly very solidly attached, like the rest of your factory ground effects.

All my opinion, of course! Good luck on the new ride!!!
Attached Images

Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 04:55 PM   #1661
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post
Or just get GM Gen II shirts and avoid the need to modify, and they use far better attachment, the entire rocker would come off with the damn thing. Tape, rivets, adhesive, I can move the car up and down with the skirt.

Under "skin" gets attached with MANY rivets. Then outer skin attaches with MORE rivets and 3M adhesive. The two skins are essentially welded together at that point by the adhesive.

Not open or hollow underneath, perfect match for the satin, and just better quality IMO. I've seen the others on cars, GM seem much sturdier and certainly very solidly attached, like the rest of your factory ground effects.

All my opinion, of course! Good luck on the new ride!!!
Another great option for sure! I think ASC flare out more, but they are hollow which is not ideal. Here's a pic of my mod for ASC. The key is a metal piece at the end.
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2022, 07:12 PM   #1662
cashby02

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 1LS
I ordered my 2023 2SS 1LE last Friday! I’m so excited! I know it will take up to 9 months but I’m still shaking excited. Coming from a 2014 LS.
cashby02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 07:58 PM   #1663
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashby02 View Post
I ordered my 2023 2SS 1LE last Friday! I’m so excited! I know it will take up to 9 months but I’m still shaking excited. Coming from a 2014 LS.
Congrats!!! Worth the wait for sure
Old 07-05-2022, 10:44 AM   #1664
CoyoteKilla

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Ordered in March ‘22, took Delivery June 20th. I uploaded a photo but I’m learning this sight. Not sure if it’s loaded to this thread or not.
CoyoteKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 08:01 PM   #1665
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteKilla View Post
Ordered in March ‘22, took Delivery June 20th. I uploaded a photo but I’m learning this sight. Not sure if it’s loaded to this thread or not.
Not loaded yet.
Welcome and congrats!
Old 07-12-2022, 09:03 AM   #1666
xxjoeyxxeb

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE
Picked it up last night. Have ACS skirts and guards ready to install this weekend. Currently getting windows tinted. Next step is ceramic coat and PPF the front bumper.
Attached Images

xxjoeyxxeb is offline   Reply With Quote