Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 01-11-2021, 11:34 AM   #1
PontiacBandit

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Switched fuse in rear fuse box—2021 LT1

Hello everyone! I picked up my LT1 Camaro last weekend and I’m looking to hardwire a dash cam. I’ve read a bunch of threads but most of them revolve around the SS trim which has different options and fuses. Ideally I would like to run my hardwire kit back to the trunk fuse box and just use fuse taps for the constant and switched lines.

So, my question is simple: has anyone found a switched fuse in the back fuse box of the LT1 trim? The only options I have on my car are the tech package (8” screen with Bose), automatic transmission and dual mode exhaust. I checked the fuse for the radio, amp, and HVAC. They all have constant power (the amp fuse has about half the power of the others).

I know this has been a struggle for a lot of people, but I figured I would check before trying to tap into the cigarette lighter or the wire for the airbag light in the upper console.

Thanks in advance!
PontiacBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:42 PM   #2
weatherman71

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
i do car audio installation..... i used the bcm ign wire under the drivers dash... very simple
weatherman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 01:24 PM   #3
PontiacBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman71 View Post
i do car audio installation..... i used the bcm ign wire under the drivers dash... very simple
Thanks for the tip. If I can’t find one in the trunk I’ll probably tap into the passenger airbag light in the upper console. Is anyone aware of any issues with this?
Old 01-12-2021, 02:19 PM   #4
Mullet_Machine

Drives: SRT4, 2ss
I used the fuse for the wireless charger as my switched 12v source.
Mullet_Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:56 AM   #5
PontiacBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullet_Machine View Post
I used the fuse for the wireless charger as my switched 12v source.
Thanks. I saw this on a few other posts but unfortunately the LT1s don’t come with a wireless charger nor do they have an empty fuse slot for it.
Old 06-20-2022, 05:43 PM   #6
EliteLT1

Drives: 2022 Camaro LT1
Reviving this thread to see if any LT1 owners know about a switched fuse in the trunk. I'm looking to hardwire a dash cam back there also, with one constant fuse and one switched fuse. But maybe I need to find a different solution
EliteLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 10:44 AM   #7
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteLT1 View Post
Reviving this thread to see if any LT1 owners know about a switched fuse in the trunk. I'm looking to hardwire a dash cam back there also, with one constant fuse and one switched fuse. But maybe I need to find a different solution
Why not tap into the engine bay fuse box? Running wire into the car from engine bay is super easy in these cars... Quick overview how and where I tapped in for my dashcam:

willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 02:29 PM   #8
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacBandit View Post
Thanks for the tip. If I can’t find one in the trunk I’ll probably tap into the passenger airbag light in the upper console. Is anyone aware of any issues with this?
Don't do that. Don't touch SRS circuits.

My simple rule: only tap a circuit you don't actually need. BCM/ECM or SRS are a no-go in my book.

Best way to add power in a car is to use relays to generate switched signals while avoiding adding load to existing circuits. A bit more effort but it insures you're not impacting OEM systems.

ACDelcoTDS Website allows you to view/print schematics for your year/trim for a small fee over a day or two (might as well snag a bunch of stuff while you're in there).

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22 . . . . . . . 6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ April 2024
New Engine @ 22,600

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote