Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 06-14-2022, 09:33 AM   #15
LTwin86

Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
Nope... It is impossible to get it to connect. I tried every possible way.
Refresh your car also and delete all history connection in AA, phone and car. I suffered twice with first connection, but after all refresh steps it become smooth.
LTwin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 05:29 PM   #16
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Nope... It is impossible to get it to connect. I tried every possible way.
I have the AAWireless in my car and it works beautifully. Try using the app to change some of the settings (while the device is plugged in to either USB port in your center console). Try changing one setting at a time, beginning with pass through mode. I'm pretty confident you will get it to work, as long as you didn't receive a defective device. Also, make sure you update to the latest firmware.

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 11:24 PM   #17
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
Thank you guys. I've done everything you described, I have even contacted their customer service and I followed their instructions to the letter. It just doesn't connect. I don't know if it's a defective device or not and I am into high tech stuff, so I believe the issue is not on my end. I even tried 3 different USB cables that I know are of good quality and that I use to connect my phone to the car. Same issue with each one of them, this damn thing doesn't want to connect!
Old 06-15-2022, 03:49 AM   #18
MakCamaro
Makis

Update: After trying to address the connection issue with their customer support, they decided to send me a new device as this one seems to be defective. I hope the new one will be able to connect
Old 06-15-2022, 06:14 AM   #19
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Good luck with the new device

I had intermittent connection issues with my early bird unit that required unplugging and reconnecting the device (to quickly make it reboot), but the latest firmware solved everything, it now works 100% of the time, regardless of cold/warm start, where the car is in the component shutdown sequence and bluetooth/wifi enable combinations on the phone.

It's truly fire and forget now, your new unit will have to work. Initial setup may still be flaky, but once it manages to connect, you'll be golden.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 07:19 AM   #20
MakCamaro
Makis

Thanks for the input Arpad. I really hope so. This is a cool device and I need to get rid of the USB cables asap!
Old 07-10-2022, 11:13 AM   #21
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS View Post
I'm waiting for my AAWireless unit to arrive. Should be in August for me. Can't wait to try it!
I've been using my AAWireless since September of last year. The thing is awesome and has only become more stable with the firmware updates.

It's gotten to the point where I don't even think about it anymore. I just get in the car and drive. It boots up Android Auto before I've finished backing out of the garage. I can't even remember the last time it glitched on me. It just works.

Now I only plug my phone in in my car if it needs to charge. I have a separate USB-C cable plugged in and out of sight for the rare occasion that I need to charge in the car, or for long trips where I will definitely need to charge from time to time.

No more over-charging my phone. Quick, seamless, wireless connection to Android Auto. Just get it...you won't regret it.

I also have the Ottocast U2-X. I bought it for my wife's car because she uses an iPhone and I use an Android. The U2-X supports both Apple Carplay and Android Auto. This unit is also getting better with firmware updates, but is still a little iffy at times. The audio doesn't always return properly to the headunit after playing back a text or after a phone call. But a quick un-plug/re-plug always takes care of it. It also boots up very quickly (almost as fast as the AAWireless). It's a bit more of an ordeal to upgrade the firmware on the U2-X because there is no companion app, but it's not that complicated if you follow the instructions provided. Pretty happy with both of them actually.

Old 07-10-2022, 11:24 AM   #22
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Quote:
Update: After trying to address the connection issue with their customer support, they decided to send me a new device as this one seems to be defective. I hope the new one will be able to connect
Don't lose hope! My brother has the Samsung Galaxy S22 also. It turns out, that specific phone is the culprit! I believe Samsung may have pushed a fix to the phone by now and it may be working properly with Android Auto (and the AAWirelsss device) again.

Post an update when you get a chance. Hope its working for you now

Old 07-11-2022, 01:33 AM   #23
MakCamaro
Makis

Thanks. There was a security update a couple of days ago, so maybe you are right. I will try it again when I return from my vacation.
Old 09-20-2022, 05:26 AM   #24
MakCamaro
Makis

Just an update that I forgot to post earlier for other users of the AA Wireless device. It seems that it was actually a Galaxy S22 issue. Samsung pushed a couple of updates and afterwards I managed to setup the device almost instantly. It now works flawlessly. As Arpad and PnCRedJwl2SS said above, I just get in the car and I forget that it's even there, as it connects almost instantly.

One piece of advice: I keep mine in the wireless charger behind the front seats on long trips, to avoid battery discharge (I 've modified the charging pad and the S22 fits perfectly).

Great device indeed!

For those interested, the photos below show how I modified the charging pad.
Attached Images

Tags
aawireless, android, androidauto, dongle, wireless