Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-14-2022, 11:57 AM   #1
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
GFB Diverter Valve for LTG

Does anyone know if I will need a tune after installing a GFB Diverter Valve? Or any diverter valve for that matter.
SSShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 08:28 AM   #2
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
It holds boost better than stock and you notice a stronger pull in the RPM mid-range until the stock ECU finds out you are trying to have more fun than what it's programed for and shuts the party down. Also, this will throw a harmless CEL that will stay on until you are able to permanently erase it by re-tuning or other means. For best results, a re-tune for what you added is always the best route.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance

Last edited by Start The Machine; 04-15-2022 at 08:50 AM.
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 07:54 AM   #3
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
It holds boost better than stock and you notice a stronger pull in the RPM mid-range until the stock ECU finds out you are trying to have more fun than what it's programed for and shuts the party down. Also, this will throw a harmless CEL that will stay on until you are able to permanently erase it by re-tuning or other means. For best results, a re-tune for what you added is always the best route.
Thank yo
I am not tuned at the moment but from what they say on their website, I don't need to be. Hopefully it won't throw a code, I hate warning lights, lol

Based on the no tune required, I ordered one a couple of days ago.
Old 04-20-2022, 09:28 AM   #4
SSShark

I installed the DV+ last night. What a difference in response. No noticeable lag and such a difference in acceleration and response. I can't believe I didn't install this sooner. Also, no CEL.