Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-30-2014, 06:33 AM   #57
1hevy_chevy

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2016 6M 2SS
I would wait dude. NEVER settle. you will kick yourself in the ass later. The mustang is great and faster, but IMO ALL of my buddies have mustangs. Everyone and their grandmother has a mustang. At least here in Miami. Camaros sell more than mustangs every month, but where the hell are they? And the only camaros I do see are not even modded! I turn heads everytime i pull into school and work. Whenever Im with my mustang buddies only 1 of them turns heads and hes the opposite of stock. As for learning stick. Dude TBH this car is my first stick car. Ive taught myself in this car with no one to show me. Ive had it for 2 years and my clutch is still like butter. I've only stalled about 6 times in the entire 2 years of owning this car and thats because I would let the clutch go to far in reverse backing out of a parking spot . I am never getting an auto EVER AGAIN. IMHO driving stick has made me more alert and awake. And god is it fun. I would wait and look for a newer M6 2SS over ANY mustang. IMO mustangs are "me too" cars. Dont know what a "me too" car is?

Hey what car do you drive?

Mustang.

Oh, cool me too!

1hevy_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:39 AM   #58
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
You have to ask yourself why a 2013 5.0 mustang is the same price as a 2010 Camaro SS. Assuming they are both around your price range of low 20k.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:47 AM   #59
heymatt

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS Vert.
Take the Camaro over the Mustang!
Old 10-30-2014, 06:50 AM   #60
CamaroIOM12
Jim

Drives: 2013 2SS Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 View Post
The mustang will not have track pack. it has the tech pack although.

The SS I have tried. if any of you dont believe me, check for yourself. Houston and 30 miles radius or so. 23k is my limit on cash down. I got nothing. I found a private guy with a 1SS but I want a 2SS
I drove 210 miles to get my 2SS. 30 miles your not giving yourself a chance. With that said if your done looking go with the 13 never go backwards in years. IMO
Old 10-30-2014, 08:47 AM   #61
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
You have to ask yourself why a 2013 5.0 mustang is the same price as a 2010 Camaro SS. Assuming they are both around your price range of low 20k.
Mustangs are just cheaper in general, because you can get them more stripped down so to speak. You can get it without brembos and the bigger tires and such. The Camaro comes with all that regardless of which package you choose.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:03 AM   #62
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo09 View Post
Mustangs are just cheaper in general, because you can get them more stripped down so to speak. You can get it without brembos and the bigger tires and such. The Camaro comes with all that regardless of which package you choose.
base GT is 33k and base SS is 34.5k. That's brand new. No idea what the GT in the OP has, but even if it's stripped down, it still cost 33k brand new. The Camaro is a 1SS, per the OP. The two cars are very similar in price, brand new. The biggest difference is the Camaro is a 2010, and the mustang is 3 years newer, for the same price.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:07 AM   #63
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Once the 6th gen Camaro comes out the 5th gens will take a hit, just like the Mustangs. In July I was able to get 4k in rebates off a brand new 2014 5.0, they are making room.

OP, the auto in the Camaro SS may suck, but the Mustang Auto is extremely good. The 6R80 is bullet proof and can be revved very high, over 7900. If you want to go that high you have to buy pulse rings for the cams and billet gears for the oil pump. My Mustang Auto with stock gears and a tune chirps 3rd gear. The tuning options are also great, built in widebands and a fast computer makes remote tuning a breeze.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:22 AM   #64
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Once the 6th gen Camaro comes out the 5th gens will take a hit, just like the Mustangs. In July I was able to get 4k in rebates off a brand new 2014 5.0, they are making room.
that makes more sense.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:32 AM   #65
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
you want a non bias opinion on Mustang vs Camaro on a Camaro forum?
Chris is right, but... it's a tough call. Those '13 Mustangs look pretty nice, but I'd bet the 2010 Camaro is a lower price, and that should spell extra money for mods... plus, IRS...

...but we all bought Camaros because we like Camaros... and I'm partial to standard over automatic (no macho bs, it just lets me feel more like I'm more of a part of the whole driving experience)...

Ultimately, there's a reason the Camaro has out-sold the Mustang since it came back in 2010... but ultimately it's up to you... which one do YOU prefer?

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:02 AM   #66
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Camaro's look better and are more fun to mod and drive.

Mustangs have a better power to weight ratio and are faster from the factory, and take less $$$ to make the exhaust sound bad ass.

BUT, my car is faster than most mustangs on the street with the mods I did, and sounds alot better than any ford Ive ever heard, and looks better.

All my opinions. After mods, no question about the camaro, stock vs stock, 5.0. But it depends on what you want to use it for