Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-28-2019, 10:22 AM   #1
Bpow2017

Drives: 2017 2SS
Anybody have a Rexing V1P dashcam installed?

I have one that I bought for my Tacoma and really liked it. Two days ago I traded in my Tacoma for a '17 2SS and I want to put it in my sweet new ride. The install for the Tacoma had a video on youtube which helped a lot as I had to remove the pillar cover and there were also some other routing tips that were really helpful. I can't seem to find a similar video for this car. Does anybody know of a video that I am overlooking, or at least give a quick rundown on the install?

P.S. - I am not wanting to hardwire. Just use the power outlet. Which reminds me of another question. In the Camaro's, are the power outlets hot once the car is started and no power when it's shut off? (I know on some kinds of cars, they stay hot when its off and the key is out). Which would not work for what I want to do. Thanks a lot! I am LOVING this forum so much! So much helpful info!! All I need now is unlimited $$$$ so I can do some of these things I'm reading about. lol
Bpow2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 04:45 PM   #2
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Drives: Blue 2016 Camaro
I have that model. The cigarette lighters are switched but honestly I just have a wire running to the back fuse box for power.
Old 07-29-2019, 06:29 AM   #3
Bpow2017

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giri View Post
I have that model. The cigarette lighters are switched but honestly I just have a wire running to the back fuse box for power.
Oh ok. Was it pretty easy to run the rear camera wire to the back window?
Also, having it constant on doesn't run your battery down at all?
Bpow2017 is offline   Reply With Quote