Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 10-17-2018, 01:56 PM   #15
Mighunter

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfish View Post
You need to push the pop rivet until the flange is flush with the canard to see the true tooling clearance you have. You may need to install the pop rivet with the tool already on it, if that makes sense, to deal with tighter clearances. Also, you can bend the part that gets pulled a small amount and the tool will still work. Does that make sense?

Just as a side note, There was a hole on my ACS side skirts that was basically impossible to install a rivet on, so it may not actually be possible.
yeah i know what you are saying and i even found a tool with a smaller head on it but it still won't work. There is no way to do it with the pop rivet straight, you can only do it, maybe, if the rivet is at a pretty bad angle and i don't think you'd be able to get it tight enough against the car.

I have a new front splitter and rear wing with my painter and i showed him the canards. He though it would be much better, obviously, to take the whole front bumper off and put the rivets in from behind. So when he's done painting that stuff, thats what we are going to try.

Just hope i can get that all done before i put the car away for the winter in the next few weeks.

All in all, i think they look great, but like many other canards for the SS, they require driling holes in the bumper. Again, while i'm not wild about that idea, i am certainly not going to drill anything until i'm confident i can get those pop rivets in nice and tight so the canards are tight against the car.
Mighunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #16
Mighunter

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Btw, you can't push the pop rivet in until the flange is flush with the canard because the stem sticking out hits the other side of the canard. The only way i guess you could is if you force it in and the stem will be cocked off to the side. But when its like that, there is no way to get the head of the tool on the rivet. Stated differently, its impossible to install these with pop rivets from the outside of the car.

I'd love to be proven wrong.
Mighunter is offline   Reply With Quote