Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 06-25-2018, 01:13 PM   #1541
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
I think people in performance enthusiast circles (like here, M6G, etc) seem to forget that for a street car, that is meant to be daily driven, get good fuel economy, etc..

Cracking into the 12 second mark is still damn quick, and in reality far, far above and beyond what a street daily driver "needs to be". As recently as 2010 having a car in street trim that wasn't a Corvette/Viper etc be in the 12's was astonishing, and to get down to 11.8X-12.1X would require thousands of dollars in modifications and custom tuning.
Agree. My loaded, daily driver 2SS can consistently run 12.2-12.3 on street tires. That's just far enough on the correct side of "fast" to not get boring so this is the first car I've owned that I feel no motivation to modify.

The 18 GT* can run similar or better times. Legitimately fast.
* GT, A10, PP, Michelin PS, 3.55 in drag race mode

ZL1's and Hellcat in the mid 11s. SS, Scatpack and GT's in the low 12s. These are all quick cars. Chevy adds the track capable dimension to every SS, 1LE and ZL1...with warranty to play. That IMO is the difference that matters.

Quote:
I'm not sure when we lost perspective, but we have, and things have become pretty toxic in the meantime.
Go back and look at the derangement on M6G leading up to, and after the release of, the Alpha Camaro. Seriously nasty stuff that made it unreadable. Then they all disappeared ...until the 18 GT.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 01:22 PM   #1542
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Go back and look at the derangement on M6G leading up to, and after the release of, the Alpha Camaro. Seriously nasty stuff that made it unreadable. Then they all disappeared ...until the 18 GT.
Those were the days!!! Do you remember "The Pill"? Whatever happened to that guy?
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 01:37 PM   #1543
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
I think people in performance enthusiast circles (like here, M6G, etc) seem to forget that for a street car, that is meant to be daily driven, get good fuel economy, etc..

Cracking into the 12 second mark is still damn quick, and in reality far, far above and beyond what a street daily driver "needs to be". As recently as 2010 having a car in street trim that wasn't a Corvette/Viper etc be in the 12's was astonishing, and to get down to 11.8X-12.1X would require thousands of dollars in modifications and custom tuning.

I'm not sure when we lost perspective, but we have, and things have become pretty toxic in the meantime.
Very well said. We get so caught up in the back and forth vs discussions, that we really seem to sometimes fail to realize and even appreciate what you brought up!!
Old 06-25-2018, 01:39 PM   #1544
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Those were the days!!! Do you remember "The Pill"? Whatever happened to that guy?
Oh wow, I all but forgot about him. He was such a toxic member, I think they drove him away, and forum is so much better for it. He added no value at all.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:41 PM   #1545
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanicus View Post

Modded A10 GT against a manual trans ZR1. Nevermind that both cars basically ran what is equivalent to a mid to high 11 sec quarter mile. And nevermind that driver ability had a lot to do with it...hence the reason why this ZR1 basically ran what I run in my ZL1. And also nevermind that at one point in the video the ZR1 starts gaining ground on the GT hard but then it stops pulling. Or are those just excuses? I mean, do you really think a GT can take on a ZR1 all things being equal? And do you really think a ZR1 is going t run slower times than a Z06 and even the ZL1? I await your answer to my "excuses".

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
I already posted all this for you, did you have to repeat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
well, what else is he gonna say? That the Mustang has been proven faster than the Camaro in more than one "official" test? In fact, its not even close anymore... .2 and 3.5mph is "next level" around here.
I asked specifically if you're gonna disregard every legitimate criticism as just an excuse.

Last edited by BlaqWhole; 06-25-2018 at 01:57 PM.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 01:45 PM   #1546
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Oh wow, I all but forgot about him. He was such a toxic member, I think they drove him away, and forum is so much better for it. He added no value at all.
He was disposed of at M6G..I think they have him either on a posting ban or a moderated posting set up. I see him like posts, but very rarely posts himself.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 01:51 PM   #1547
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphon23 View Post
My god I dont even know why I wasted my breath in that comment section. They all seriously believe the GT is faster than a ZR1.
It IS faster than a ZR1. But only when it's a good driver in a bolt-on specifically optioned GT with A10 trans against a M6 ZR1 with a shit driver that basically runs equivalent to my no effort lazy run in my ZL1. He got a 7.77...my 11.8 run was with a 7.88, lol!! One of my slips has an 11.85 with a 7.57 8th mile. But I like how the headline says he "whoops" a ZR1...
Old 06-25-2018, 01:55 PM   #1548
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
He was disposed of at M6G..I think they have him either on a posting ban or a moderated posting set up. I see him like posts, but very rarely posts himself.
Well, I'm glad he's okay. I was worried he might have killed himself after the 6th Gen Camaro came out, and his "insider information" turned out to be just his overactive imagination. Did he ever settle his bet about the Camaro weight?
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 01:57 PM   #1549
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
What gets me is that people post these videos that they think prove something, but when you break the video down, it becomes an "excuse". Why? Because people honestly wanna believe that a 460 HP GT can beat ZR1s and Hellcats etc. Hence the reason why we have to watch a GT that "whoops" a ZR1 all while both cars ran what is equivalent to a high 11. Which also basically means that I could beat both their asses in my ZL1 with CAI, ported TB, VTC, and catback. At it's best, it is a driver's race with the SS. And we shouldn't have to explain this to a logical person.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:58 PM   #1550
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
it's click bait, it's how the guy makes his living.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:08 PM   #1551
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
What gets me is that people post these videos that they think prove something, but when you break the video down, it becomes an "excuse". Why? Because people honestly wanna believe that a 460 HP GT can beat ZR1s and Hellcats etc. Hence the reason why we have to watch a GT that "whoops" a ZR1 all while both cars ran what is equivalent to a high 11. Which also basically means that I could beat both their asses in my ZL1 with CAI, ported TB, VTC, and catback. At it's best, it is a driver's race with the SS. And we shouldn't have to explain this to a logical person.

Well, honestly, this never stops and unfortunately it does come from the Ford side more often than not. Remember the "supercharged only" GT will gap a Zl1? Or the........with basic mods, you'll run with the Zl1. Now it's the........"stock" but has intake, headers, exhaust, tune, tire, supercharger, but the block is "stock", so it's still stock. That's why my videos get views because I say stock Zl1 hits 803 on the dyno, everyone comes clicking. I use the Ford logic. It is stock............the block is stock.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:24 PM   #1552
germanicus

Drives: Pony Car
Quote:
Modded A10 GT against a manual trans ZR1. Nevermind that both cars basically ran what is equivalent to a mid to high 11 sec quarter mile. And nevermind that driver ability had a lot to do with it...hence the reason why this ZR1 basically ran what I run in my ZL1. And also nevermind that at one point in the video the ZR1 starts gaining ground on the GT hard but then it stops pulling. Or are those just excuses? I mean, do you really think a GT can take on a ZR1 all things being equal? And do you really think a ZR1 is going t run slower times than a Z06 and even the ZL1? I await your answer to my "excuses".

I asked specifically if you're gonna disregard every legitimate criticism as just an excuse.
eh?
I posted a video preceded by an emoticon of a face munching popcorn.

I... posted... a.... video.

Franky goes to hollywood.
Please.
Meanwhile....

(crunch crunch crunch crunch)
germanicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:36 PM   #1553
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:

Yes, because your criticism is just a feeble attempt to downplay the fact that it is not a driver's race by your past accounts. lets break down your "legitimate critcisms"

1) usually on a prepped track. No shit most fast passes are
made on a track

2) No they can't run the ring. Too stupid to jusify a
response

3) Has to be optioned a specific way or wont do shit. False as
base cars have run low 12's on all seasons and silly because Mustang is following a marketing
strategy that has been in play since its inception in one form or another.It works

4) They do not have much torque. They have plenty or
torque , but lets just say for sake of argument they dont. What does it
matter unless your trying to lug the car without changing gears in a
M6. If you're in the proper gear its irrelevant. It makes enough torque to
outrun a Camaro.

5) They have engine problems. like almost every car
produced. Some guy posting it to the internet does not make it a
systemic problem. The Coyote has been around for 8yrs , there isn't
some fatal flaw that is just now being revealed.

... Also dont forget how the cricisms about the Gen6 are dowplayed as overblown around here.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:48 PM   #1554
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Yes, because your criticism is just a feeble attempt to downplay the fact that it is not a driver's race by your past accounts. lets break down your "legitimate critcisms"

1) usually on a prepped track. No shit most fast passes are
made on a track

2) No they can't run the ring. Too stupid to jusify a
response

3) Has to be optioned a specific way or wont do shit. False as
base cars have run low 12's on all seasons and silly because Mustang is following a marketing
strategy that has been in play since its inception in one form or another.It works

4) They do not have much torque. They have plenty or
torque , but lets just say for sake of argument they dont. What does it
matter unless your trying to lug the car without changing gears in a
M6. If you're in the proper gear its irrelevant. It makes enough torque to
outrun a Camaro.

5) They have engine problems. like almost every car
produced. Some guy posting it to the internet does not make it a
systemic problem. The Coyote has been around for 8yrs , there isn't
some fatal flaw that is just now being revealed.

... Also dont forget how the cricisms about the Gen6 are dowplayed as overblown around here.
The engine itself does not make enough to outrun the Camaro. Thats why the manual is slower than the SS. The artificial torque of the a10, shift speed, minimal rpm drop and even more aggressive rear gear on top of more aggressive trans gears make up for it

According to an engineer at Watson racing in Detroit a large batch of 2018s do in fact have a major valve train issue. I’m sure it will be worked out. He wouldn’t tell me specifics but he mentioned it. Honest to god truth
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote