Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-10-2007, 08:11 AM   #15
LSxcellent

Drives: MINI Cooper S
I have to say... I am actually impressed by Hun's effort here.

I have heard from several sources that this could be the next Tiburon. It would make sense too...

The real question is the rear suspension... if they offer a 300hp V6 coupe with IRS then they will definitely attract a bunch of folks away from the Mustang. Also, for the money their asking, they are going to get a bunch of kids who can't afford a 350Z. My younger brother (who is _just_ old enough to drive) has been talking about a Tiburon (old version) for a while because they are so cheap... He'd likely buy one of these if he could afford it!

It's not going to attract the 'true enthusiast' for a while, since they don't have a reputation yet for building a sports car... but it won't take long. They are building quality product that is approaching global standards... AND they have a bullit proof warranty.

All in all I'd say its a credible contender at the low end of the market... I wouldn't mind seeing that in my rear view. :-)

~LSx
Old 11-10-2007, 10:21 AM   #16
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Absolutley credible...

I'm not saying they set out to compete with Camaro's and Mustangs. They are more after the Acura Integra, the Honda Civic/Accord, the Nissan Altima Coupe, etc.

Their quality of product has been increasing by leaps and bounds in the last few years. They have a small SUV/CUV that competes with (and according to almost all of the magazine reviews beats) the Lexus RX series. I looked at one. I'm not getting it because the driver's seat didn't go back far enough for me, but it was a decent vehicle, with a good ride, solid performance, loads of features and a lot less money than the Lexus.

If they take the same approach with their cars (this one and the upcoming Genesis), they will take sales from a lot of competitors.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:14 PM   #17
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Sorry, I only buy American. I gotta agree with Z28, I'd take a stang before I'd take rice any time. Camaro'll always be NUMBER 1

Last edited by Jak; 11-10-2007 at 12:18 PM. Reason: add on
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:09 PM   #18
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Just some more info on this car.

Like I said, it looks like someone is going to steal a lot of V6 Mustang and eventually some V6 Camaro sales.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/15/e...genesis-coupe/
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:56 PM   #19
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Who knows, this may prompt the use of the 300 hp DI V6 after all, just so the base Camaro can still out-power the top line Genesis coupe, and be competitive with the 350Z as well. Probably not, but I'd say its still a slight possibility.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:15 PM   #20
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Who knows, this may prompt the use of the 300 hp DI V6 after all, just so the base Camaro can still out-power the top line Genesis coupe, and be competitive with the 350Z as well. Probably not, but I'd say its still a slight possibility.
The 350z starts near the 30s.. for that money you can get a v8 mustang/camaro and get more car(options and such where the Z is pretty basic).

The article states that the Genesis v6 will be priced in the mid 20's, even with more HP than the camaro I'd bet money the engine will have to rev to 8k+ to get it even if it actually gets that (these are prelim numbers remember). But again thats between the v6 and v8 camaro/mustang and you get more car/HP in the domestics for just a couple more dollars with the v8. When it comes to RWD coupes domestics have the imports easily beat.. as the market is now.. imagine in another year and half when the challys and camaros jump on scene..

Besides.. Ill never by a Hyundia in my life.. the cars are crap. Rode in a friends 2 week old tib and it shook like a leaf above 60mph, the interior was worse than a yugo, and it had a ride as comfortable as your kids gocart.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:28 PM   #21
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
I would rather be seen in a Ford than that..

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:23 PM   #22
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
Humm probably lighter than a mustang.... definitely better warranty.

and the salesman probably won't give me crap about "people who buy mustangs don't want them with extra mileage. ( yes bad experience in a ford dealership)

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote