A much better winner than the Camry ever was:

http://money.cnn.com/2007/11/19/auto...ion=2007111919

stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:24 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
YES!!! Haha! Wasn't the Aura the COTY last year?

Oh, I am having waaaay too much fun watching GM beat the crap out of Toyota...heehee
Old 11-19-2007, 11:15 PM   #3
Mike88

Drives: 94 Camaro, 05 Magnum
^The end of the article suggests that the camry won the award last year. I'm pretty sure I heard that the Aura won North American Car of the Year for 07...so maybe its a different award.

Btw...the Aura wins the NA COTY and at least around here, you hardly ever see these cars on the road. I don't get it.
Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:03 AM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I remeber seeing the saturn comercials. it went something alone the lines of "with european handling and styling, introducing the north american car of the year . . . "
and i was like wtf?

Anyhoo, i was wondering whether it would be the malibu or the cts that gets COTY. hey, does this mean that the CTS gets NA-COTY by default, since it is north american and the car of the year? looking at history, last year the silverado got truck of the year, now the CTS gets car of the year, and there's a whole lot of good cars comming down the road.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:03 AM   #5
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
No no, the Motor Trend COTY award and the NA COTY award are completely separate. The Motor Trend award is totally administered by MT. They test all the vehicles that qualify, narrow down finalists, tests those some more, and make a decision. The North American Car of the Year is voted on by a board of automotive journalists and other industry insiders. Domestics and Imports are eligible for both awards. So last year MT picked the Camry as its COTY, and the other journalists picked the Aura for their own award.

And with the Aura, Saturn is just a low volume brand, kinda niche, so even if it is a good car, you still won't see large sales numbers.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:04 AM   #6
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I just went car shopping with my dad and my grandpa because my grandpa is looking at the DTS. And while we were at the dealership i got to sit in the CTS. I had to whipe of all of my drool after i got out. :eek: That car is amazing. I sat in black leather with carbon fiber accents instead of wood and black exterior one with the DI V6. I tried so hard to convince my grandpa to get it but its just too small. I'm so glad GM is finaly getting noticed.

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote