Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-06-2019, 05:30 PM   #29
Barnaby

Drives: 2017 1LT Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain J View Post
I've got a '17 convertible. I agree with getting the wind screen. We've done a 6 hr road trip with the top down, windows up, wind screen up. It stops a considerable amount of noise and air hitting from behind (my wife has long hair). The convertible, with the top up, is a little louder than a coupe but not really noticable after a while. My biggest complaint is people asking a shit ton of questions and standing around checking it out at the gas station and the limited visibility with the top up.
Hey do you think it would be possible to post a link or a website URL to this ‘wind screen’? I have seen that posted twice now done a super basic google search and can’t figure out what you guys are talking about. Would be super helpful, Thanks!
Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 05:59 PM   #30
Captain J

Drives: 2017 V6 RS Covertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
Hey do you think it would be possible to post a link or a website URL to this ‘wind screen’? I have seen that posted twice now done a super basic google search and can’t figure out what you guys are talking about. Would be super helpful, Thanks!
This is the one I have. It's a black mesh fabric that keeps the wind from rolling over the windshield then back into the cockpit from behind-
https://www.shopchevyparts.com/2018-...eviews_id=4933

Youtube videos-

Hope this helps. They are VERY expensive but my wife likes it and if momma is happy everybody is happy.
Captain J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 12:05 PM   #31
Barnaby

Drives: 2017 1LT Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain J View Post
This is the one I have. It's a black mesh fabric that keeps the wind from rolling over the windshield then back into the cockpit from behind-
https://www.shopchevyparts.com/2018-...eviews_id=4933

Youtube videos-

Hope this helps. They are VERY expensive but my wife likes it and if momma is happy everybody is happy.
Got it thanks for that. Spending 350 bucks or whatever it is is a small price to pay if it really does make a night and day difference inside the cab (like the reviews on this thing say it does anyway), to be honest maybe I am weird for this but on the extended test rides that I did I actually liked the convertible down but the windows up ride the best... way less wind/noise but still top down feel.. maybe the windscreen would give me best of both worlds.

When it is on, I assume people are not riding in the back.. is it pretty simple to put on and off then? When the roof is up, does it need to come down? Thanks again!
Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 12:22 PM   #32
Captain J

Drives: 2017 V6 RS Covertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
Got it thanks for that. Spending 350 bucks or whatever it is is a small price to pay if it really does make a night and day difference inside the cab (like the reviews on this thing say it does anyway), to be honest maybe I am weird for this but on the extended test rides that I did I actually liked the convertible down but the windows up ride the best... way less wind/noise but still top down feel.. maybe the windscreen would give me best of both worlds.

When it is on, I assume people are not riding in the back.. is it pretty simple to put on and off then? When the roof is up, does it need to come down? Thanks again!
You'll really notice a difference with the windows up and this in the up position. It's like a giant sunroof. Open air feeling without as much noise and wind. When it's in place nobody can be in the back seat (like anyone could fit back there anyway). Once you see how it is installed, it takes less than a minute to put it in or remove. The one I have, you can leave it installed in the up or down position with the top up. It real easy to fold down or up even sitting in the drivers seat.
Captain J is offline   Reply With Quote