Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-19-2015, 12:18 PM   #1
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
A Corvette With a BackSeat - 2016 Camaro

Car & Driver 2016 - 10 Best Cars -Chevrolet Camaro

"A corvette with a Back Seat"

- Jared Gall, Car & Driver, Nov. 2015

I never thought I would see the day when a Camaro would be compared from a performance standpoint (Gen6 2SS) to a vette.

Pretty impressive.

Well done Chevrolet!

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:34 PM   #2
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Jared Gall is either a midget or smoking crack imo. There is no such a thing as a backseat in the camaro lol. I actually would've preferred to have the vette hatchback trunk access from the outside and inside. BUT HEY!! I still love my car and I can work around the trunk having a tiny opening.

Tom Peter's and his team did do the C7 as well so it is not a shocker haha.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!

Last edited by Tr6; 11-19-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:51 PM   #3
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
it's been compared to the Corvette plenty of times. In the mid 80s C&D ranked the Z28 above the Corvette
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 01:13 PM   #4
Zack46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Jared Gall is either a midget or smoking crack imo. There is no such a thing as a backseat in the camaro lol. I actually would've preferred to have the vette hatchback trunk access from the outside and inside. BUT HEY!! I still love my car and I can work around the trunk having a tiny opening.

Turk,
Yeah, what is up with the teeny tiny opening to the trunk? Did you ask Tom Peter or Al Op. about why they couldn't make the trunk opening bigger for the gen6?

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 11-19-2015, 01:19 PM   #5
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Turk,
Yeah, what is up with the teeny tiny opening to the trunk? Did you ask Tom Peter or Al Op. about why they couldn't make the trunk opening bigger for the gen6?
All the questions I would ever have about the car before hand and after went out the window because of the delivery... Hanging out with em before hand, I was only able to get in a couple questions but mostly talked about everything. They are fantastic people really and after the delivery... I was having an out of body experience with no use of my brain though not like I use my damn brain 90% of the time anyways!

I am beginning to slowly like the tiny trunk opening though. That way my wife cannot pack the entire damn house on a weekend trip... So it's a win! lol.

Plus I do have supercrew f150 and a malibu now (taking delivery next week hopefully)... So if I need to really haul stuff, I easily can.
Build thread HERE!
Old 11-19-2015, 01:23 PM   #6
Zack46

Quote:
All the questions I would ever have about the car before hand and after went out the window because of the delivery... Hanging out with em before hand, I was only able to get in a couple questions but mostly talked about everything. They are fantastic people really and after the delivery... I was having an out of body experience with no use of my brain though not like I use my damn brain 90% of the time anyways!

I am beginning to slowly like the tiny trunk opening though. That way my wife cannot pack the entire damn house on a weekend trip... So it's a win! lol.

Plus I do have supercrew f150 and a malibu now (taking delivery next week hopefully)... So if I need to really haul stuff, I easily can.
Does the backseat fold down, I think it does..............

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 11-19-2015, 01:25 PM   #7
Zack46

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
it's been compared to the Corvette plenty of times. In the mid 80s C&D ranked the Z28 above the Corvette
The 80s is a long time ago. Both vehicles have come a long way since........

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 11-19-2015, 01:34 PM   #8
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
Quote:

Have you drove a vette before tr6? If so do you really believe that this is true? Does it compare to the vette
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 03:07 PM   #9
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
The camaro has always been the family guys vette. The seats have always been extremely small. I remember taking the seat out of the back of my third gen in highschool because it actually gave my buddies alot more room when they had to ride with me. Don't knock it for what it isn't (family sedan) but praise is for what it is (performance coupe).
Old 11-19-2015, 03:21 PM   #10
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Does the backseat fold down, I think it does..............
Yes they do but if you have the front seats all the way back, it won't completely fold down which still can be fine as the passenger or driver can still access the trunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsoj23 View Post
Have you drove a vette before tr6? If so do you really believe that this is true? Does it compare to the vette
08 and 2012 C6 zo6 and 2014 c7 and a 2015 c7 both stringrays (2LT non z51). Camaro to me is actually much more spacious. I feel A LOT more comfortable in it than the c7. C7 is a TRUE sports car if that makes sense. I am way too big for it to be comfortable but the camaro is perfect for me. Driving position sits hell of a lot more down low and I felt a bit claustrophobic in the c7 riding or driving it. Once you even sit in the c7 before or after the gen6 camaro, you can definitely tell they are created by the same guys though. Camaro is still a sports car but while the differences are subtle, I COULD explain it easier by saying... Camaro is driving a couple sports car vs an exotic. C7 feels A LOT more exotic, damn low and entire cabin is designed FOR the driver and DRIVER ONLY. This does NOT make the camaro a bad car or a non sports car. I am just classifying how it FEELS for me. I have driven a Ferrari 360 before for a couple weeks quite a few years ago... C7 feels more like that than a camaro.
Build thread HERE!
Old 11-19-2015, 04:34 PM   #11
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Does it actually ride like the vette though?
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:47 PM   #12
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
Does it actually ride like the vette though?
Ride quality is fantastic on both, I have mrc on my 2ss and the vettes I drove did not but it still was fantastic. You can't go wrong with either cars. Driving characteristics like maneuverability, acceleration, braking and slow/high speed turning is very very identical. The only things truly different are the in cabin, driver positioning and of course 6 speed vs 7 speed.
Build thread HERE!
Old 11-19-2015, 08:26 PM   #13
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:

COULDNT AGREE MORE.

I met both Al and Tom in LA and it struck me how despite their high position in the corporate food chain, they're are still dyed in wool car guys and took a REAL interest in car club camaro a that had cool modifications and asked real questions about those mods ....
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:31 PM   #14
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa406079 View Post
COULDNT AGREE MORE.

I met both Al and Tom in LA and it struck me how despite their high position in the corporate food chain, they're are still dyed in wool car guys and took a REAL interest in car club camaro a that had cool modifications and asked real questions about those mods ....
EXACTLY!!!! I would've kinda expected them to be a little snobby or the entire day we were hanging out they would be like "ugh damn this PR crap and we are stuck with this dude" but I couldn't be more wrong. So down to earth, fantastic people. No matter what their position is I could care less as they are really one of the best people I have ever met. They genuinely do care and want to know when they ask you any question or actually do LISTEN to what you have to say. They truly are car guys, love what they do and it truly was an honor for me to meet with them let alone spend an entire day with em.
Build thread HERE!