BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 03-09-2015, 06:26 PM   #1
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Wow no more fun threads?!

I see nothing NSFW is allowed anymore.

Anyone else bummed out? I mean, this is the Off-Topic section.

There was a thread with hilarious jokes now missing too. I don't understand why all of a sudden, all these threads got deleted.

Ive been a member on here since 2008, been on the forum since 2007 as a lurker. Seems as time goes by, the forum is getting more and more strict.

And if this thread gets deleted, its pretty ridiculous. I mean its a forum, and I posted this in the Off Topic Section, and nothing here is NSFW.

Simple discussion
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
Old 03-09-2015, 06:29 PM   #2
itsnotacrisis

Drives: '13 2LT RS,Blue Ray Metallic/mojave
Maybe I'm old school, and work too hard, but looking at forums between 9 & 5, when I'm supposed to be working is NSFW in my opinion....
Old 03-09-2015, 06:32 PM   #3
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotacrisis View Post
Maybe I'm old school, and work too hard, but looking at forums between 9 & 5, when I'm supposed to be working is NSFW in my opinion....
lol exactly, not to add that this is the Off-Topic Section at the BOTTOM of the board.

Honestly, I am bummed out by the Funny Pics thread, that thread was hilarious. Absolutely hilarious and when I was going through a break up recently, I went through that thread and it cheered me up.

And well now its gone, it was there for good fun.

I just don't understand why in a Off Topic Section, that it got deleted.

NSFW is a clear warning not to enter the thread unless you're ready to see what is posted. I don't understand why people would enter, than complain and get it shut down.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 03-09-2015, 06:33 PM   #4
TJ91

Honestly if this thread itself gets deleted, I am just going to place my palm on my face.....
Old 03-09-2015, 07:14 PM   #5
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
I see nothing NSFW is allowed anymore.

Anyone else bummed out? I mean, this is the Off-Topic section.

There was a thread with hilarious jokes now missing too. I don't understand why all of a sudden, all these threads got deleted.

Ive been a member on here since 2008, been on the forum since 2007 as a lurker. Seems as time goes by, the forum is getting more and more strict.

And if this thread gets deleted, its pretty ridiculous. I mean its a forum, and I posted this in the Off Topic Section, and nothing here is NSFW.

Simple discussion
Couldn't agree more. I posted this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398236 cause i had a question, and 2 day's later it was closed...pretty chicken s*it if you ask me. Not one thing that was said was out of bounds!!!!!!!!!....Simply stating the facts.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:43 PM   #6
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Couldn't agree more. I posted this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398236 cause i had a question, and 2 day's later it was closed...pretty chicken s*it if you ask me. Not one thing that was said was out of bounds!!!!!!!!!....Simply stating the facts.
Odd, dislike being censored or the feeling of being censored.

I find it ridiculous.

And the message by Tran "Thank you for your compliance"..sounds a little more 'controlling'
Old 03-09-2015, 08:02 PM   #7
Jason P

Drives: 2011 2ss
Go to the forced induction section.....you can get blown and do meth .....probably nsfw
2011 2ss Ram twin plate ceramic clutch, Texas speed 418 LS3 235 /243 .621 / .624 cam, ported and polished heads with dual springs,magnum push rods, Hotchkis race pack, Stainless Power long tube headers with no cats, Magna Flo competition exhaust, lpe fuel pump, magnuson supercharger with overdrive and port matched blower plate, IW 8 rib pullies, AEM meth kit, id 850 injectors, 3 bar map, halltech cai, zl1 rear diff
Old 03-09-2015, 08:07 PM   #8
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason P View Post
Go to the forced induction section.....you can get blown and do meth .....probably nsfw

LOL!!!!

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
Old 03-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #9
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
To be fair, this thread should be moved to the comments/suggestion section of this forum
Old 03-09-2015, 08:52 PM   #10
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
You think you feel bad. I had a thread with a photo shoot celebrating my weight loss from last year. Nothing at all in it was NSFW to me. I had on my swimsuit as the base of all the outfits & in most I was covered more than the swimsuit alone did. It was not even a tiny bikini or thong or anything like that though is was a 2 piece. It had not been bumped for months & so was buried & had to have been searched for to be found. I had added the NSFW because one poster had asked me to but if that thread was NSFW then you have no business surfing the web at all at your work.

When I found it deleted, I appealed & it got restored but all the pics were missing. I was told I could put them back but when I went to do so I found the SD card that contained them was corrupted & scrambled & pics un-retrievable. I was able to find only a few that had been posted to other places on C5. I am devastated at the loss of those pics. I was very proud of them. I was not contacted & offered a chance to edit the thread or given any warning so I could have saved the pics. I am sure I am not the only person who lost threads they cared about but the fact that they just searched for anything labeled NSFW and deleted it without even looking at the content to see if anything indeed was NSFW is just not fair. Sometimes we used that NSFW as a fair warning to folks who are overly sensitive so if they chose, they could simply not look in there.

Yeah, I am hurt, devastated & pissed. I just needed to vent.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:04 PM   #11
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Yep, the Non-NSFW movement burned me pretty good too. They deleted a stickied thread of mine, and wouldn't even say why. Sucks to see what was an awesome site do something like this, especially since the daily member count has been sagging since 2013. Maybe after the 6th gen is properly revealed things will pick back up and the Mods will drop the aggressive stance they've had lately.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:05 PM   #12
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
I'm right there with ya Ruby
Old 03-09-2015, 09:07 PM   #13
Bretts
SS

Drives: 2015 2ss rs
What a joke , I really enjoyed the sideline comedy etc.
really boring people likely on the Jetta and Prius sites mainly, should leave us alone, someone I know a CP Rail caboose man from back in the day watched a shack trackside in the deep woods get every playboy pinup from the past get removed and painted its brutal, can't even watch tv shows without someone a director maybe?, forcing what they think society should look like and so we should accept it ,ruins it really don't want it

And I think you all do a great job of fair play and backing up the little guy here on C5, but on the Camaro unlimited facebook page there is a zero policy for criticism is that next here?
CCW sp16a track set, BTR stage 3 cam and kooks longtubes with high flow catsLocks@7.5 degrees castor and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings

Last edited by Bretts; 03-09-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:17 PM   #14
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
It's a privately owned site with an owner that can moderate it to his or her liking. I'm guessing it wasn't just one jerk that crossed the line but multiple incidents that got the threads closed. It's easier to keep that kind of stuff off the site altogether than try to please a wide range of what people consider offensive. I believe those threads lasted as long as they did as a way to make it easier to watch the edgy content by giving people one place to post that stuff. We can have fun and joke with each other without going too far. I do realize that the majority of the content in those threads passes as OK but it's really not that big a loss in my opinion.
Closed Thread