Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-17-2018, 04:18 PM   #1
Russ.
Super Sport Track Pack

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE, 2015 JKU
Patiently Searching

Hello All,

Long time lurker that finally decided to come out.

I started looking at camaros in 2014 and rented one for a week to make sure it was the car for me (us). The plan was to buy one in 2015 after my BMW lease was up however life happened. The family grew and priorities changed. In 2015 we bought a Jeep and the camaro dream was put on hold.

Fast forward 3 years, I am now thinking we are back in a position to consider a camaro. My son is forward facing and can hop in and out of his car seat. I dont know how much work it'd be to reach back there and do up his harness when we use the camaro but I'll make it work.

In 2014/2015, I wanted a white SS 1LE with the recaros and so in March 2018 I started the search for one. April 2018, I was working in Beattrice Nebraska and came across a very nice white 2015 z/28. I took the car for a test drive and loved it but I couldn't justify all the track focused bits on the car. Would they really benefit me? Probably not. (That car now belongs to a fellow forum member)

Recently, I looked at a white 1ss 1LE with Recaros. The seller want almost as much for that car as the z/28 in Nebraska so now I'm torn. I've seen a few z/28 go for between 42 and 44 and the SS 1LEs seem to be in the mid to high 30's. I'll continue my search and debate of which trim I want but when I find the deal that speaks to me I'll be ready to pull the trigger.

Sorry for the long winded intro.

Thanks.
Russ.
Russ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:33 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Russ, CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

Name:  MAGIC FRIDGE.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  86.6 KB

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 06-18-2018, 08:25 AM   #3
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
If this is going to be a daily driver or used a lot, I would go with the 1le. They are way more practical for everyday use. The Z/28 is built for the track. Very expensive brakes to replace, very expensive tires that dont hold up very long, they ride rough (which the 1le will be a little rougher than an SS). Many got traded by folks that had to have one until they had to live with it for awhile. The people that love them are the ones thst mainly use them more for what they were built for than a daily driver.
They are both awesome cars just very different experiences. It up to how you intend to use it. Good luck.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:14 PM   #4
Russ.
Super Sport Track Pack

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE, 2015 JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
If this is going to be a daily driver or used a lot, I would go with the 1le. They are way more practical for everyday use. The Z/28 is built for the track. Very expensive brakes to replace, very expensive tires that dont hold up very long, they ride rough (which the 1le will be a little rougher than an SS). Many got traded by folks that had to have one until they had to live with it for awhile. The people that love them are the ones thst mainly use them more for what they were built for than a daily driver.
They are both awesome cars just very different experiences. It up to how you intend to use it. Good luck.
I couldn't agree with you more.
With that said, when I looked at a 2SS 1LE with the Recaro seats it was only about $5000 dollars cheaper than the z/28 I previously mentioned. Both cars had less than 10k miles and were in showroom condition.
Russ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:30 AM   #5
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Welcome to the forum!

It seems like you're leaning towards a track centered car. While daily driving a Z/28 will be awesome at first, I'm sure it'll get old eventually. Unless you have one with A/C and a radio.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:49 AM   #6
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
welcome

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:37 AM   #7
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Welcome... and it sounds like you've got the right mind set. When the deal pops up be ready for it. 1LE is still track focused and I'm guessing you're looking for Manual trans too. Plenty of stuff around the Houston area. Jump on the H-Town Camaro club FB page and get some folks looking around for you.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:26 PM   #8
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
WELCOME!!
Old 06-19-2018, 06:30 PM   #9
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Welcome! Good luck on your Camaro hunt.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:59 AM   #10
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
Welcome & post pics when you get it!

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, RPM 5” CAI, Kooks Headers, Solo Cat Back, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote