Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 06-18-2018, 04:53 PM   #15
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Update Good and Bad:

Good = With 8 new spark plugs the car runs very smooth...I have NOT done an actual pull with it (I'm honestly scared to right now) but at part throttle and idle it feels great.

Bad = There's an oil leak somewhere at the front of the motor. Argh, I am gonna have to have my guy chase it and I bet it isn't something major like a big crack in my motor. Hopefully the crank seal which is easily accessed. From my amateur eye, I can see that oil is mostly around the Balancer, dripping onto the starter and collecting on the undertray.

Sigh...I hate/love this car.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2

Last edited by bpang1234; 06-18-2018 at 05:14 PM.
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:04 AM   #16
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
Update Good and Bad:

Good = With 8 new spark plugs the car runs very smooth...I have NOT done an actual pull with it (I'm honestly scared to right now) but at part throttle and idle it feels great.

Bad = There's an oil leak somewhere at the front of the motor. Argh, I am gonna have to have my guy chase it and I bet it isn't something major like a big crack in my motor. Hopefully the crank seal which is easily accessed. From my amateur eye, I can see that oil is mostly around the Balancer, dripping onto the starter and collecting on the undertray.

Sigh...I hate/love this car.
I can make you a lot more comfortable with your car by selling you the tuning equipment and taking over the tuning on your car, you will be able to Log your car collecting data and see what it is actually doing by viewing the logs, this way there is no guessing.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:48 PM   #17
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I can make you a lot more comfortable with your car by selling you the tuning equipment and taking over the tuning on your car, you will be able to Log your car collecting data and see what it is actually doing by viewing the logs, this way there is no guessing.

Ted.
That's exactly my plan...hoping I can get the stuff I need from you and installed soon.

Update:
1. Oil Leak is fixed...it was the front crank seal and it has been replaced with the LS3 version from Ted. I am also installing a Metco Breather with Check Valve also sold by Ted.

2. I flashed back to ProCharger's tune via the SCT X4 that comes with their full kit. Car seems to be running "better" and the CEL for P0430 (Bank 2 Catalytic Efficiency) seems to be done coming up. From my research, that particular code seems to be one of those that you have to go through like 50 drive cycles to get rid of.

3. I intend to get a Wideband O2 Sensor and A/F Ratio gauge from Ted as well as engage with him on updated tuning. First need to make sure the motor is healthy because I honestly can't tell if the car feels "normal" since it has been sometime since someone with experience with my setup has looked at it. I really regret going through my original tuner...he was considered very legit in certain circles (mainly Honda - Motec tuning) but had limited experience with this platform...don't make the same mistake I made!
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
Old 07-03-2018, 07:21 AM   #18
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
That's exactly my plan...hoping I can get the stuff I need from you and installed soon.

Update:
1. Oil Leak is fixed...it was the front crank seal and it has been replaced with the LS3 version from Ted. I am also installing a Metco Breather with Check Valve also sold by Ted.

2. I flashed back to ProCharger's tune via the SCT X4 that comes with their full kit. Car seems to be running "better" and the CEL for P0430 (Bank 2 Catalytic Efficiency) seems to be done coming up. From my research, that particular code seems to be one of those that you have to go through like 50 drive cycles to get rid of.

3. I intend to get a Wideband O2 Sensor and A/F Ratio gauge from Ted as well as engage with him on updated tuning. First need to make sure the motor is healthy because I honestly can't tell if the car feels "normal" since it has been sometime since someone with experience with my setup has looked at it. I really regret going through my original tuner...he was considered very legit in certain circles (mainly Honda - Motec tuning) but had limited experience with this platform...don't make the same mistake I made!
Thank you for your business.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:43 PM   #19
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

If anyone is following along here...this is your update:

All the stuff that Ted wanted me to do are complete (correct plugs, JMS Fuel Voltage Booster, tune with HP Tuners). The tune is all corrected by Ted! I was able to take the car all the way to Vegas, swing up through the PCH and back to Oregon. Obviously still with the misfires in Cylinder 6.

I was finally able to schedule a Compression and Leakdown test. Cylinder 6 is reading 100 compression whereas all others are at 250ish. Leakdown for 6 was "at the oil dipstick" whatever that means. I have sent that info to Ted for his thoughts on next steps. Hopefully with some work and $$$ I can get back to enjoying this car again.
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
Old 10-04-2018, 10:09 PM   #20
Scargoes

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS 1LE
If you are getting the leak at the oil dipstick you have only a couple things that can cause that. Usually its the rings that are letting combustion gasses pass by them. But I have seen pistons with broken ring lands or a hole. Too bad you don't have a bore scope to look into the cylinder before opening it up.

1:34.20 Willow Springs Big Track
Scargoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 01:29 PM   #21
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargoes View Post
If you are getting the leak at the oil dipstick you have only a couple things that can cause that. Usually its the rings that are letting combustion gasses pass by them. But I have seen pistons with broken ring lands or a hole. Too bad you don't have a bore scope to look into the cylinder before opening it up.
Piston was broken. I'll have pictures next week when I get the car back.
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2