Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-16-2018, 05:18 PM   #29
desertmonkey

Drives: '17 SS 1LE
I haven't really noticed a difference between stealth and sport on startup. Fairly loud either way
desertmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:43 PM   #30
twoballscrewball

Drives: 89 Iroc Convertible, 2017 2SS Fifty
I have the NPP. Cold start is still loud in stealth, valves definitely open for probably about 10 seconds. You can hear when they close. There is no way I know of to have them all closed on startup, but at least in stealth they close after a very short while.
twoballscrewball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:22 AM   #31
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoballscrewball View Post
I have the NPP. Cold start is still loud in stealth, valves definitely open for probably about 10 seconds. You can hear when they close. There is no way I know of to have them all closed on startup, but at least in stealth they close after a very short while.
mine definitely keeps mine closed on startup when in stealth mode. It's noticeable. are you a8 or mt? I don't think that makes a difference, but perhaps in this case it does.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:16 AM   #32
twoballscrewball

Drives: 89 Iroc Convertible, 2017 2SS Fifty
A8. I still get that wake the dead cold start 'crack' even when set to Stealth mode. I like it, but I am sure it's not my neighbors' favorite thing when I leave for work at 5:15am.

Difference being that you can hear the exhaust close back up and get close to silent pretty quickly if you start up in stealth, which helps.
twoballscrewball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:18 AM   #33
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
I just thought of something, and will have to test. how are you cranking your car?

I pretty much use the app all the time (car is jussst outside of cranking rang of the remote), and rarely crank it in stealth via the push button or remote, but I'm thinking that will perhaps make a difference.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:14 AM   #34
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
I am so jealous of your stealth mode. Wish I could retrofit it to my truck
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:36 AM   #35
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Sometimes I forget if I set Stealth mode before I shut off my car. I also leave 5:30 in the a.m so it's something I do being a nice neighbor...especially with my cam and headers.

I press and hold the start button for about 8 seconds without touching the brake or clutch and the car goes to accessory mode or whatever they call it.
I go into my setup screen, select the driver mode to set the exhuast. When I select stealth you can hear the valves close.

I then start her up. Quietly.... big difference compared to having the valves set normally in tour/sport.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 01:31 PM   #36
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
that does the same thing as simply putting the drive mode to snow and ice...easier then messing with the infotainment. then you just put it back to sport once out on the main road.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:05 PM   #37
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Looks like Phastek has a solution for this discussion. It’s pricey though...

https://www.phastekperformance.com/P...ode=QTP-400114

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:00 AM   #38
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
Hold the start button for 5 seconds without putting your foot on the brake. The car will not start but all the electronics will turn on. You can then navigate into the Engine Sound Management and put it on Stealth. Then just put foot on brake and press start again to start the car in stealth mode.
Since this thread has been bumped 10 days ago i guess ill bump it up again saying wow!! I am glad i came across this. I read people saying there able to change the exhaust mode prior to starting up if they forgot the night before.... Sometimes I just had to turn the car on or when I get home I turn off the car..then remember to put the car on stealth; i would have to turn the car back on and switch modes..then turn it off.
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote