Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 06-11-2019, 11:04 PM   #701
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
This is one of the most significant vehicle launches in recent GM history and they have done almost nothing to build hype. Its like GM marketing is trying to be as terrible as possible.
Agree to Agree!
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:03 AM   #702
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
This is one of the most significant vehicle launches in recent GM history and they have done almost nothing to build hype. Its like GM marketing is trying to be as terrible as possible.
?

They had the CEO of the company drive a prototype to a charity event in New York City with the reveal date plastered on the side of the car. That is not nothing.

Plus ... just how much are you expecting them to say about it before the reveal anyways? Details always come after. I get it, you're eager. But its still something like 5 or 6 months away from production near as I can tell.

Personally, I'd rather they keep silent about every single thing about the car until they are ready to open the orders for it (I mean that literally, the last line of the press release/promo speech would be along the lines of 'and ordering begins NOW') instead of releasing a slow trickle of tidbits every few weeks before the cars get built.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:18 AM   #703
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
?

They had the CEO of the company drive a prototype to a charity event in New York City with the reveal date plastered on the side of the car. That is not nothing.

Plus ... just how much are you expecting them to say about it before the reveal anyways? Details always come after. I get it, you're eager. But its still something like 5 or 6 months away from production near as I can tell.

Personally, I'd rather they keep silent about every single thing about the car until they are ready to open the orders for it (I mean that literally, the last line of the press release/promo speech would be along the lines of 'and ordering begins NOW') instead of releasing a slow trickle of tidbits every few weeks before the cars get built.

This. With GM's track record production might be a year out from next month's reveal date too. We'll see the car but it'll still be a slow trickle of information until closer to launch.

I'd love nothing more than for them to say next month that ordering begins now, first saleable units ship in August or something.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:18 AM   #704
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
?

I’m talking about how with the C7 and Camaro 6 they released little teaser videos along the way.

The Dodge Demon marketing was awesome.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:03 PM   #705
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
This. With GM's track record production might be a year out from next month's reveal date too. We'll see the car but it'll still be a slow trickle of information until closer to launch.

I'd love nothing more than for them to say next month that ordering begins now, first saleable units ship in August or something.
I thought I read somewhere C7 production was ending in June. Would they go that long without building Corvettes?
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:09 PM   #706
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I thought I read somewhere C7 production was ending in June. Would they go that long without building Corvettes?
I believe that's the cutoff for ordering a Vette.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:20 PM   #707
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
I believe that's the cutoff for ordering a Vette.
ah ok that would make sense.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:08 AM   #708
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
I'm with Fenwick and DGthe3 - if anyone is dropping the ball, it's Ford with delaying GT500 release and spec...
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote