#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-03-2015, 09:38 PM   #15
Tony's10

Drives: '10 Inferno Orange SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Still like the 5th gen, but it looks dumpy and dated next to the 6th gen.

I loved reading your post! You made me smile and chuckle and I mean it in a sincere way. Dumpy! Love it!

-Tony
Tony's10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:49 AM   #16
DancesWithBikers

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post

Thanks for posting so many shots, it really gives a GREAT perspective of the two generations.
Thanks, that's was I was going for with posting so many pictures. Both cars look quite different from various angles & heights, and it was hard to pick any "best" shots, so I just posted most of them.

This was at the Salt Lake stop on the "Find New Roads" show. They had 3 V6's, one SS, and a Stingray on display. No test drives, but the SS motor was running almost constantly. It sounded amazing. I would say the dual mode exhaust is a mandatory option for anyone that buys the SS!

I got to talk with a couple of GM engineers as well, which was a lot of fun. One (didn't get his name) said his job description was "ECU's for performance V8's", and he grinned as he said "I get to spend a lot of time in this car!" The other, Jay, was lead engineer on the dual mode exhaust, and also clearly enjoys working on the Camaro. He mentioned "I've been driving this car for two years". Jay said their aim with the dual mode was to make it sound as good and as loud as possible, and still meet noise regulations. He went into a fair amount of detail, using the cutaway model of the dual mode to illustrate how it works, and some of the engineering that went into it. Both guys are gearheads, and were quite knowledgeable about the whole car, not just their part of it. It's fun to talk with folks that are passionate about their work.

Everyone was impressed with the sound of the dual mode on the SS, but the universal comment from the GM guys was along the lines of "You should hear it under acceleration!"

As I was walking back to my car, I noticed one of the V6's was parked in front of it (probably not accidentally!) so I started snapping pictures. Then one of the Chevy guys asked if I wanted the 6th gen parked next to my 2012, so I said "Yes, Please!" and shot a bunch more.

Last edited by DancesWithBikers; 11-09-2015 at 04:26 PM. Reason: typos
DancesWithBikers is offline   Reply With Quote